View Poll Results: Do you cosleep?
Yes 126 57.53%
No 55 25.11%
We used to. DD/DS now sleeps on his/her own. 51 23.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-24-2007, 01:23 AM   #61
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do you cosleep?

I have with both boys. With Kearnan we tried the basket next to our bed for about a week, maybe two. But honestly I got tired of the long routine of getting up, changing, nursing, walking to sleep, laying down, repeat in 1.5hours. It was horrible. So we brought him to bed. Now he also spent a deal of time sleeping in the swing next to the bed because he had horrid reflux and for a long time it was the only place he could comfortably sleep. But by 6 months he was in our bed full time, and he still is now. We are believers in the family bed. He has his own bed in his own room and knows he can sleep there whenever he wants to, but he doesn't want to. Some nights he sleeps on the chair or couch in the living room. Tharen has been in my bed since day one, he coslept in the hospital and still does now. We have never slept apart really.

Advertisement

iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 02:25 AM   #62
Jamie
Registered Users

We coslept with our now-2yo until she was 7 or 8 months old. At that time, our bed was too small for all three of us, and she was sleeping through the night. She transitioned to a crib in her own room with no issues.

We bought a king sized bed about 4 months later, but she never would come back to bed with us. We intend to cosleep with the new babe at least until (s)he is sleeping through the night, same as with DD. Possibly longer, as we have the larger bed now.

If DD wants to come back to the family bed at any time, she is more than welcome.
Old 12-24-2007, 07:45 AM   #63
Suzanne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Both my babies slept with me until they were about four months old.
Suzanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 08:14 AM   #64
PeanutButter'sMommy
T the Terrible Two
seller

I guess you could say we semi-cosleep. DS starts off in a big boy twin bed in his room and then the first one of DH or I to go to bed usually grabs him out of his room and takes him to bed with them. So he spends most of the night in our bed but starts in his own.

There's just something about waking up to a little face in yours saying "Hiiiiiii!!!!!" LOL. It's so cute.
Robyn, Mommy to T , wife to Shawn TTC #2!!!
PeanutButter'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 08:47 AM   #65
ceilismom
Registered Users
seller

We don't, unless we're away from home. Then we get a room with 2 beds, DD and me in one, DH in the other. I'm not against it at all, it just doesn't work for us. DH is a big baby himself--he can't stand the slightest noise at night (no joke, he sleeps with ear plugs in) and I have to fight to keep my share of the covers every night. DD is a wiggly little kicker, and sleeps kicking DH, and headbutting me. Nobody gets any sleep this way. I think if DH were to drop off the face of the planet tomorrow, DD and I could (and would) cosleep with no problem at all.
Old 12-24-2007, 08:52 AM   #66
aliks
Registered Users
seller

I still do, he transitioned to his own bed at 18 months, went back into our bed after he was diagnosed with diabetes, went back to his own bed when he wanted to a few months ago, but is now back in our bed after he was hospitalized again!
aliks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 10:35 AM   #67
marmotamonaxes
Registered Users
seller

Mary is 11 mo. and starts out in her crib at night, but sometimes spends a few hours in the bed with us if I fall asleep nursing. I do understand how nice it is to snuggle, and it's your baby! Sounds like co-sleeping is right for you!!