Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-30-2010, 02:15 PM   #16
monicadd
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Now Asthma! Any quiet or slient nebulizer machines?

Unfortunately ive been through what your going through, being a severe asthmatic myself and my dd suffering now for 10yrs ive seen many things come and go. AS for quieter machines, well each new one they come out with is a bit more quiet, but honestly it has a like pump in it to process the air so its only gonna get but so quiet. you could looking into getting a medical o2 tank instead which would be much more quiet.

There are a few now liquid steroids for kidlet, pedi-pred, prednisolone, and dextro. All working the same, but are a bit different.

Depending on the age of he child, children can start advair as a controller kinda young as well as singular now makes for age 2 and up.

Pulmicort is good. As far as inhaled steroids go. But any or to much of a steroid is a slippery slope, so a good controller is IMPORTANT. and to stay on it.

in my house for the neb we have albuterol, xopenex, and duoneb. Duoneb has salumedrol steroid in it. its what i HAVE to use when i have a attack.

Taking magnesuim helps a ton too. it helps keep the bronchial muscles and all relaxed.

i hope you find what your looking for. If i can be any help please pm me.
Devoted and Gorgeous DH CJ
monicadd is offline   Reply With Quote