Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-11-2009, 05:27 PM   #61
MommyToNoah
Registered Users
seller

Re: Who is STILL pregnant!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharon_k View Post
does anyone else get annoyed at people who think they know when you're going to have your baby? I find that I do, but I'm irritable right now anyway lol
Yes. But even more so when they tell me "oh, don't go into labor on this and such a day, I have xyz going on". Really? guess you just can't make it then, because I want this little lady to join the outside world. I had one day I didn't want her to arrive, and that was today...looks like I'm in the clear. lol

I feel like I've lost tons of my plug, especially after being checked again on Wed, but still nothing. Soon enough

Advertisement

Old 12-11-2009, 05:37 PM   #62
sharon_k
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

April- that's so funny b/c with our first, my DH's best friend was going to be away the weekend after my due date and he said the same thing, just don't go into labor when I'm gone. AND sure enough, I did I really hope this baby is born in the middle of the night, on a weekday! At least then I won't get visitors until a reasonable time the next day.
Old 12-11-2009, 05:43 PM   #63
sharon_k
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishie Kisses View Post
that doesn't bother me so much except when they are predicting that it WON'T be soon lol What DOES bother me is when I have 5 or 6 people asking me EVERY DAY "Still no baby??!" Yes, he was born, and we just didn't tell anyone. Next time, I'm not telling anyone the due date, I'll just say "mid-december" or something
YES this too! My neighbor actually said this to me today but she knew we didn't have the baby yet, or she'd have seen our mw's car outside, etc.
I always say I'll never tell anyone the due date, but then it comes out somehow...

Jena- that's awesome! You never know, you may have the baby at any time! AFM, I've had lots of pain in my lower back all day. It alleviates when I sit, and when I stand it's awful. Didn't help that I had to go to the market with a big list and my 2 girls in 20-something degree weather. But at least I'm pretty much stocked up on staples, snacks, etc. for when baby comes. All the fresh fruit will probably be gone by the time I go into labor, so I'm sure I'll have to go for a few more things around the due date.
Also, got all the newborn wool washed today!
Old 12-11-2009, 08:02 PM   #64
CherryPie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Tomorrow would be nice for me too, its my due date and I had my last baby on his due date! Might as well keep up the tradition

GetSafeScents.com- New Spring/Summer 2014 catalog is out!
Join Scentsy | Scentsy Closeout Section
Follow me on Instagram: @SarahB00)
CherryPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 10:33 PM   #65
irishmama2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

So, how long can someone be dilated to 3 and 50%? I have now done everything I can think of except walking (cause it's bitter cold here) to put myself into labor. Any suggestions?

We still don't have a name nailed down and my sister keeps telling me that this babe is staying in until we have a name...........so I can't decide on one for the baby but I'm sure I can come up with a few for my sister right now! BTW, she's never had a baby and she thinks she knows more about raising children then me. That's probably because she tells everyone that she single handedly raised DD1 for the first 4 months because my PPD was soooo bad. Funny, I didn't have PPD with DD1

WOW, Isn't it funny how one little thing can snowball into something completely off the wall?

Sorry, my little rant is over. It's just been one of those days.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:02 PM   #66
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Samantha--I'm sorry your sister is being that way. It's so petty. Supposedly walking makes all the difference in the world...I've walked a mile or more nearly every single day since about 35 weeks...nada. Maybe I started walking too early and therefore got my body used to it, but at least I'm healthy lol

Tonight I scrubbed, and I mean SCRUBBED, my kitchen. Even did the floor on my hands and knees (supposedly helps baby engage) and I'm hoping that it helps move SOMETHING along. If nothing else, my kitchen looks amazing lol
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 07:40 AM   #67
7arrows4God
Registered Users
seller
seller

You can actually be 3cm and 50% dialated for weeks. Ask me how I know. I am almost 4 cm now and probaby 75% and like that for a bit now.

I walked around at that with my last one as well and actually at like 5 cm almost for a weeks as well. Went over the so called date last time. :O)

Smiling but not smiling at the same time.
Canadian mama to 13 blessings ds(18), ds(17), ds(15.5), ds(13.5), dd(11.75), ds(10), ds(8.5), ds(6.5), dd(5.5), dd(3.5), dd(2.5) , ds(15 months) and #13 due end of AUGUST. And yes that is while nursing night and day. :O)
7arrows4God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 07:51 AM   #68
lydiamom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Samantha--I agree with pp it can be weeks at 3cm. Thats why they say checking dilation doesn't really matter. You can walk around at 4 for 3 weeks, or you can go into labor from being closed and thick.

I actually think walking is about the best thing you can do. It certainly produces the most contractions in me--more than anything else I try. Its definitely too cold outside to walk, but I'm planning to go to a big mall today and just walk walk walk. Thats what worked with last baby.

Baltic Creations co-op now open
lydiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 08:21 AM   #69
CherryPie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was 4 cm for a couple of weeks with my dd. The 2 mile walk is what put me in labor. I am so sore and stiff this time though that I don't even want to walk to the kitchen, let alone walk out in the cold for 2 miles

GetSafeScents.com- New Spring/Summer 2014 catalog is out!
Join Scentsy | Scentsy Closeout Section
Follow me on Instagram: @SarahB00)
CherryPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 10:08 AM   #70
Edensmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

39w 4d today!

Samantha, I was 3 cm and 50% at my 38 week appointment, I'm almost 40 weeks now and still no baby.
Edensmomma is offline   Reply With Quote