Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-16-2008, 04:33 AM   #51
debmom2boyz
Registered Users
Formerly: n***_n_b**
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: "Eww. I don't know WHY you would want to breastfeed"

My mom was kinda in awe of it...as she never BF or anyone else in our family. Her ignorance, was just that. I'm sure she's freaked that I still nurse...he's almost 2.

People at work give me a mixed reaction...I'm a teacher....all women.

I did work with a guy last year and he was grossed out by it...but he wasn't disrespectful to me...he would never be. He just didn't want to know about it. Makes me now because he's so funny. I miss working with him (I moved out of state). I should reword this...he wasn't grossed out by it....it was just weird to him. Now he did say if he ever had a wife/child etc., he'd be fine with his SO BFing.

Advertisement

debmom2boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 05:07 AM   #52
NoMoreSushi
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edensmomma View Post
Our society is so backwards! That's why people think like that. We have made breastfeeding seem weird. That is why I love to see women breastfeed in public. It's a starting point to help normalize breastfeeding. We have such poor education on the benefits of BFing. Good job picking that topic for your thesis. Maybe those idiots will actually learn something from it.
i love seeing it too. i nursed my daughter everywhere. i only got uncomfortable looks a few times.
NoMoreSushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 05:10 AM   #53
NoMoreSushi
Registered Users

my family was very supportive. and most of them are fine w/ the fact that i'm still nursing an almost 2 year old, but i have gotten a couple comments like "well, if they can get it themselves, it's time to stop"

i know a lot of people who aren't or didn't nurse. it makes me sad when people don't even try.

i hope your paper changes some minds.
NoMoreSushi is offline   Reply With Quote