Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-14-2013, 05:38 PM   #1
keidlog
Registered Users
seller

BG 4.0 feels wet, nighttime ...

I've been attempting to find an all night diaper for my 3 month old...Tried the 4.0 with the micro one night, and a Joey buns premium the next. Both nights, 4-5 hours in, her skin was wet (the inserts were soaked through, but only the front half). Isn't the fleece supposed to keep her skin dry? Or does it feel wet only when completely saturated?

Advertisement

keidlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:58 PM   #2
Talia01
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Honestly everything reaches a point where the surface of the diaper feels damp & so does babies skin. I have found this to be true with suede cloth, fleece, athletic wicking material, disposables. If I make sure he is wearing a super absorbent diaper then it seems to soak up
more and last longer until he seems bothered by the wetness and wakes to be changed.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:53 PM   #3
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

Re: BG 4.0 feels wet, nighttime ...

I've always had luck with BG 4.0. I put the mircofiber on top to absorb fast and the hemp behind to hold the pee back. Try both.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. How to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool. Everything must go! Nighttime Trainers
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:37 AM   #4
PurpleFluff
Registered Users

I stuff my 4.0s with an infant prefold with a small GMD flat wrapped around it for night. It is rarely soaked all the way through by morning. Maybe try a different combo like pp suggested...it takes some experimenting because what works for one baby won't work for all!
PurpleFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:28 AM   #5
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

If only the front half was soaked and her body was soaked that stinks. Did the diaper leak at all? I've only had that issue with a leaking diaper. Any chance you have buildup in the inserts that is making it harder for the liquid to absorb all the way through?
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. How to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool. Everything must go! Nighttime Trainers
Old 02-15-2013, 07:28 AM   #6
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

If only the front half was soaked and her body was soaked that stinks. Did the diaper leak at all? I've only had that issue with a leaking diaper. Any chance you have buildup in the inserts that is making it harder for the liquid to absorb all the way through?
Old 02-15-2013, 10:35 AM   #7
keidlog
Registered Users
seller

Doubt there's build up...the diaper is new! And I prepped the hemp close to 5 times...
keidlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:26 PM   #8
forbes246
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi6s View Post
I've always had luck with BG 4.0. I put the mircofiber on top to absorb fast and the hemp behind to hold the pee back. Try both.
I second this comment.
forbes246 is offline   Reply With Quote