Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-22-2018, 12:36 PM   #31
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

Re: Help me simplify my diaper routine for two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elchorrito View Post
Last week DS came out of the bathroom wearing jeans 2 sizes too big that he could barely keep up. I go in his room and see all the storage boxes pulled out of his closet and all over, so I gently remind DH that never in the life of DS have those boxes held anything that fits him and he should never have to dig to find clothes for DS. DH was like where the heck are all his clothes then??? They're all on hangers in his closet and have always been... So...even when I try to simplify things and put stuff right out where you can see it, sometimes it just seems complicated to him.
HA

Advertisement

Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. How to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool. Everything must go! Nighttime Trainers
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 03:44 PM   #32
zeotwoski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothersoup View Post
Loving the two baskets of ready-to-go diapers idea. This is what we would already have to do during the newborn stage. Adaptable to the needs of different children. I would label where the dirty wool, PUL, and diapers go and which basket is for which kid. Easy. Hide everything else in the basement. (Seems HIDE is very important here in light of male ingenuity).

Now what to put in the baskets...The most voted for of my economical options would require me to buy more PUL covers AND not sell anything...EEK! Four PUL covers is barely cutting it for the one kid who only poops once a day. One new cover=nearly half of my current weekly grocery budget, so it could happen by the time we're out of newborn diapers OR my house could require yet another major appliance or repair this MONTH.

SO... I am thinking that I should make some more wool covers. I just happen to have quite the stash of pre-felted cashmere and merino wool sweaters! In his attempt to relieve me of the burden of doing laundry, my DH has also relieved us all from the burden of having any clothing that can't be run through both the washer and dryer on hot. So heroic!
But mamas don't blame it on being a MALE!!! My DH can't remember what cycle to wash on (I wrote it on an index card for him next to the detergent. He lost it, I told him again while HE wrote it down, the card he wrote is RIGHT THERE but he still. can't. do it. ) However, my 11 yo DS has been doing the whole family's laundry for a few years and knows everything that needs to be done, and if I've done something unusual he notices and double checks with me for what he ought to do with it next. The chromosomes aren't the problem!

Anyway, glad you are getting an idea of how to manage it, it sounds great. And aside from the fact that you already have the ahem nicely felted wool available, wool lasts longer than PUL--at least around here anyway.
zeotwoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 08:47 PM   #33
Mothersoup
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeotwoski View Post
But mamas don't blame it on being a MALE!!! My DH can't remember what cycle to wash on (I wrote it on an index card for him next to the detergent. He lost it, I told him again while HE wrote it down, the card he wrote is RIGHT THERE but he still. can't. do it. ) However, my 11 yo DS has been doing the whole family's laundry for a few years and knows everything that needs to be done, and if I've done something unusual he notices and double checks with me for what he ought to do with it next. The chromosomes aren't the problem!

Anyway, glad you are getting an idea of how to manage it, it sounds great. And aside from the fact that you already have the ahem nicely felted wool available, wool lasts longer than PUL--at least around here anyway.
I don't think the confusion with laundry is male, more likely a lack of practice. I think there may be some biological differences in how we approach problem solving, though. The solutions men find both baffle and amaze me.
Mothersoup is offline   Reply With Quote