Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-17-2013, 12:31 PM   #1
bluejeans30
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Not yet snipped

DH & I have 2 boys, 6 & 2.5 & neither of us would like more.
DH was going to get a Vascectomy (he was actually on the table at the doctors office) but he was so nervous about the shot, the doc suggested he do the procedure under general anesthesia. I thought the doc would give DH something to calm his nerves, but he wouldnt. BTW-My hubby gets super nervous around any doctor, but I felt really bad for him

We had trouble TTC DS2, it took 2.5 years of trying, different testing, laparoscopic surgery to open up my tubes & then a miscarriage before we finally conceived! During that time I found out I had the beginnings of endometriosis. After all that, I'm not real keen on getting a tubal or Essure as I've heard it can mess with your cycle & my doctor (who's a guy) told me V is so much easier, safer, etc its not necessary for a woman to get a tubal.

I also feel my body has been through enough & I'm not having any problems with my cycle, so why mess with it

I haven't pushed the issue (I don't want him doing something he's uncomfortable with) He's told me he's doesn't want more kids, & he'll probably still get the V, he's just nervous about where he has to get numbed up. He won't consider going under for the procedure-I don't know why, that's what I think would be the easiest way to do it.

I've really been looking forward to not having to remember to take the pill anymore & not worry about getting pregnant again. I'm worried the longer we wait the less likely DH will be to get snipped.

Advertisement

Last edited by bluejeans30; 07-17-2013 at 12:33 PM.
bluejeans30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:35 PM   #2
sublime.mommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Not yet snipped

My stepdad had one a few years back. It was nothing; a couple days of soreness. Get him back in there.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:38 PM   #3
bluejeans30
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sublime.mommy View Post
My stepdad had one a few years back. It was nothing; a couple days of soreness. Get him back in there.
I'm gonna do my best!
Old 07-17-2013, 01:30 PM   #4
Teddyandnick
Registered Users
seller
seller

I had a tubal when I had my 2nd c section. DH also got a vasectomy. When the obgyn was talking to us before the 2nd c section they had said if I wasn't already getting surgery to just have DH get it done. We wanted to make extra sure we didn't end up pregnant so both of us got it done. DHs recovery was so easy. He sat around for the first day and then was fine. I don't blame your dh for not wanting to go under. I react really badly to being put under and it makes me loopy and sick for almost a whole day. Can he see if his Dr will give him a zanex?
Teddyandnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:31 PM   #5
kcanstef
Registered Users

Well my hubby is in medical field works with the doctor who did his v and just over 9 months after I'm pregnant we r the one in 4,000 that it grows back towfther on! We r happy about this baby but my last about killed me help syndrom and preclampsiea by so far so good and only 6 weeks to go but now we r not sure we trust another v cz they said they could redo it
kcanstef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:37 AM   #6
bluejeans30
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddyandnick View Post
I had a tubal when I had my 2nd c section. DH also got a vasectomy. When the obgyn was talking to us before the 2nd c section they had said if I wasn't already getting surgery to just have DH get it done. We wanted to make extra sure we didn't end up pregnant so both of us got it done. DHs recovery was so easy. He sat around for the first day and then was fine. I don't blame your dh for not wanting to go under. I react really badly to being put under and it makes me loopy and sick for almost a whole day. Can he see if his Dr will give him a zanex?

He's going to ask the doc for something to calm him down
Old 07-18-2013, 08:42 AM   #7
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

They should give him something. Some valium will help. He will just need a ride home.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 04:49 AM   #8
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

mine would say man up and do it but he waited like forever as i am like to make his appointments.... I think one day he was like did you call?... I was like no.....
Join me making money doing the following: shopkick, Swagbucks, fronto unlock screen , Perk and Perk unlock screen, receipthog,1Q, Free Eats, panel app, qmee, bzzagent, slidejoy unlock screen, smiley360, adme unlock screen, Rewardrack, Snap by Groupon, reviewsio, swaggable, checkpoints referral name: jmnhuisman, pinchme referral code: 54K7J, lootpalace, shopalong , drizzle sms - clock, yerdle, send Earnings, yaarlo referral code JESSA398, ibotta, BrowseU, survey cow unlock referral code is8513604729
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:55 PM   #9
hilaryisinked
Spring Into a New Avi 2015 Winner
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My BIL was put fully under for his. It was quick and SIL just had to drive him home. My DH's was just done in an office with numbing shots. If he's getting it done under anesthesia they'll probably give him something to calm his nerves. I've been put under many, many times for various surgeries; some minor and some major and was offered something for nerves every single time. I declined because I was not nervous but they still offered. As far as recovery, my DH's was wonderful and he never even took his pain meds. He iced himself for the whole weekend, followed the rules, and was back to work on Monday (procedure was a Friday). This was 12 months ago and he'd do it again in a heartbeat.
Old 08-31-2013, 02:06 PM   #10
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I've been thinking about this lately, but I'm not sure how to bring it up to dh. I'm sure he'd be afraid cause it just sounds scary for a man.
We have 2 kids and although i wanted 3, i just dont think i would be able to give 3 the attention they deserve