Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-19-2017, 09:23 AM   #11
abh5e8
Registered Users

Re: Toy Purge Questions

I would like to do one in one out, but how does that work exactly? We have lots of sets of toys... Legos, duplos, trains, magnet blocks, dress up toys. I don't want to get rid of the whole set. And it seems a little silly to get rid of one Lego at a time.

We rotate sets of toys from the basement up to the family room. That seems to help. I've also found the baby toys get less play with each child. From about 8 months on, the baby is content to play with the duplos, same as my four year old.

Advertisement

Last edited by abh5e8; 09-19-2017 at 09:38 AM.
abh5e8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 11:59 AM   #12
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by abh5e8 View Post
I would like to do one in one out, but how does that work exactly? We have lots of sets of toys... Legos, duplos, trains, magnet blocks, dress up toys. I don't want to get rid of the whole set. And it seems a little silly to get rid of one Lego at a time.

We rotate sets of toys from the basement up to the family room. That seems to help. I've also found the baby toys get less play with each child. From about 8 months on, the baby is content to play with the duplos, same as my four year old.
We do it in sets, but I don't think Legos will ever leave here.

I think that is so true about baby toys. Addilyn never really used hers--she just wanted what the other kids had.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 12:00 PM   #13
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrotski View Post
The worst is when you know yourself or someone else spent a lot of money on something and they are just like yeah get rid of it when they've barely even played with it.
I used to have trouble with that but it has been a good lesson to be mindful of what I spend my money on and what I bring into the house. My mom has learned that lesson too!
Old 09-19-2017, 12:27 PM   #14
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
I used to have trouble with that but it has been a good lesson to be mindful of what I spend my money on and what I bring into the house. My mom has learned that lesson too!
My husband's brother spent over $100 on this elaborate Star Wars Lego set and DS1 says it's too hard and won't even try it. Even though he's done a million Lego sets before. I've even tried to sit down and help him myself. It makes me feel so bad that it is money wasted. It's one thing that s never really been touched that I can't bring myself to get rid of. I think I may put it together with DH. May be fun lol
kmrotski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 01:01 PM   #15
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrotski View Post
My husband's brother spent over $100 on this elaborate Star Wars Lego set and DS1 says it's too hard and won't even try it. Even though he's done a million Lego sets before. I've even tried to sit down and help him myself. It makes me feel so bad that it is money wasted. It's one thing that s never really been touched that I can't bring myself to get rid of. I think I may put it together with DH. May be fun lol
I'd sell it. Legos are expensive, even used. Sell it as brand new in the box (if it is), you'll probably fetch a pretty penny and can put it in his savings.

Or at least threaten to sell it and see if that will motivate him to put it together, lol.
Old 09-19-2017, 01:32 PM   #16
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
I'd sell it. Legos are expensive, even used. Sell it as brand new in the box (if it is), you'll probably fetch a pretty penny and can put it in his savings.

Or at least threaten to sell it and see if that will motivate him to put it together, lol.
Its not completely unopened and I think a piece or 2 may be missing from when he went through his chewing on legos phase last year...
kmrotski is offline   Reply With Quote