Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-29-2009, 11:15 PM   #1
klc92201
Registered Users
seller

Is this still the virus or teething?

Natalie, my 7 month old, threw up Saturday night every 15 to 20 minutes for an hour then every 30 to 45 minutes for two hours and then she was good until Sunday night and threw up once and then once on Monday. She hasnt' throw up since. She also has her first two teeth that are above the gum line but havent' broken through yet. She doens't have diahrea, though poop smells terrible. No fever and at the doctor on Monday the pediatriaican said she did have fluid behind her ears but no infection. She has lots of ear infections. Anyway, now she still isnt' drinking formula. She said she would start to increase and be back to herself in a few days but she isn't. She drank 13 oz today, yesterday about the same. She wants to sleep all the time and does play but is very fussy the whole time.

Is this teething or still the virus or something else? Should I call her pediatrician tomorrow again?

Heather

Advertisement

klc92201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 07:30 AM   #2
kaimon
Registered Users
seller

Re: Is this still the virus or teething?

We had a nasty tummy bug here, no fever. LO was throwing up Sunday, and had diarrhea until Wednesday (horrid smelling - still can't get it out of the dipes). I was sick too and was out of commission for three days and recovering (still weak and kind of queasy) the fourth.
Seems to be lasting longer with your LO. I would call the ped again, just to be sure. Especially if she's not drinking much. At 7 months they can get dehydrated very quickly. Wanting to sleep all the time is not a good sign and I don't think teething causes that.
kaimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 09:09 AM   #3
WhatWasIThinking
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Is this still the virus or teething?

It sounds like the stomach flu. Keep pushing fliuds!
WhatWasIThinking is offline   Reply With Quote