Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-30-2008, 06:00 AM   #11
Lydia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: mama shoes!! :)

i love those Sketchers , but i find they havent enough arch support... those are adorable

Advertisement

SAHM to three blessings
wife to the best guy!!
Lydia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 08:20 AM   #12
mcbruhn
Registered Users

For the arch support, I really do love my Privo shoes. I wear 'em when I work out, but they're cute enough to wear in other situations.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:58 AM   #13
hollyday27
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbruhn View Post
I really like Privo shoes. 6pm.com had a good deal on some that I bought recently. They're sporty but stylish, and VERY comfortable when you're on the move. Mine so far have worn like iron.
OMG these are SO cute I've never heard of them!!! Are they true to size? Love the price too! TFS!!

~always ISO Amazon & iTunes GCs~
hollyday27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:03 PM   #14
mcbruhn
Registered Users

I find that with the rubber toe boxes on some of them (that won't stretch), I tend to like them about 1/2 size larger. My toes tend to spread wide when I walk (and my pinkie toes stick out funny), so that arrangement works really well for me--and like I said, I use 'em in all my workouts. I've been using them for walks, treadmill, aerobics, salsa dancing, and recumbent bike.

If you have a Designer Shoe Warehouse near you, I know they have Privos in stock that you could try on to check size. The ones I've been buying are all built on the same base (black rubber, massaging sole, with high rubber toe box and open heel box behind) and size has been right on target. I ordered my 2 new pairs online for about $43 each at 6pm.com. My original pair had come from a discount shop for $11, and I decided (after wearing them almost constantly for 8 months) that I HAD to have more.
Old 06-30-2008, 12:20 PM   #15
Hudsonsk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love crocs mary janes. They are cute and super comfy. I could even get away with wearing them at the office with a skirt. The real ones are kind of pricey but the generics are cheap. I found some at mervyns for $7.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:02 PM   #16
hollyday27
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbruhn View Post
I find that with the rubber toe boxes on some of them (that won't stretch), I tend to like them about 1/2 size larger. My toes tend to spread wide when I walk (and my pinkie toes stick out funny), so that arrangement works really well for me--and like I said, I use 'em in all my workouts. I've been using them for walks, treadmill, aerobics, salsa dancing, and recumbent bike.

If you have a Designer Shoe Warehouse near you, I know they have Privos in stock that you could try on to check size. The ones I've been buying are all built on the same base (black rubber, massaging sole, with high rubber toe box and open heel box behind) and size has been right on target. I ordered my 2 new pairs online for about $43 each at 6pm.com. My original pair had come from a discount shop for $11, and I decided (after wearing them almost constantly for 8 months) that I HAD to have more.
TFS! Just curious which styles you have? Sorry OP I didn't mean to hyjack... these are just so cute LOL! Does 6pm ever have discount codes? They're shipping is high.
~always ISO Amazon & iTunes GCs~
hollyday27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:42 PM   #17
mcbruhn
Registered Users

I think I saw a code somewhere on a website for free shipping. Don't remember where though.

The first one I bought (the $11 clearance pair) were the Crush style in a reddish-orange color. I've recently purchased 2 pairs of the Comice style--one in a sort of khaki and the other in brown with black accents. I've worn the Crush ones as Mary Janes with a dress and have been complimented on how cute they are.

I think the 2 pairs I bought were about $91 together, and shipping was FAST, so I was pretty satisfied with 6pm.com.
Old 07-04-2008, 07:13 PM   #18
Lydia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

hmmm gotta scour marshalls, wonder if they carry them

SAHM to three blessings
wife to the best guy!!
Lydia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 07:21 PM   #19
lynseydesaree
Registered Users
seller

Chacos. Cute with jeans, shorts, skirts, etc. I've worn mine every day for probably 2+ years!
Old 07-05-2008, 12:02 AM   #20
pridykidz
Registered Users

My Mood:

Dansko's are awesome. I've had the same pair for 10 years and they are still going strong, and that's with wearing them at least 90% of the time. I absolutly love them.
pridykidz is offline   Reply With Quote