Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-15-2007, 02:16 PM   #1
dirtdartwife
YouTube Junkie and Thread-Hijacker... watch your threads.
seller

My Mood:
car seats for trucks

I hope someone can help me out here with this one...

What car seat fits in a truck that is an extended cab? (two full doors, two half size doors.... not the crew cab truck)

My SIL needs a rearfacing carseat for her infant. He's 4 months, about 20lbs and has already outgrown those baby carrier type seats. The carseat they did have just does NOT fit into the extended cab as a rearfacing.

They also don't have alot of money, so anyone know of an economical seat that would fit?

TIA!

Advertisement

Old 06-15-2007, 03:11 PM   #2
Papooses
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: car seats for trucks

She (or you) should post the vehicle year, make, model + child's age, weight, height at www.car-seat.org for the various techs & advocates to help: I & a few others are trying to answer questions as they arrise here, but that forum is specifically for Child Passenger Safety so you'll get lots more info/ideas!
Old 06-15-2007, 03:15 PM   #3
dirtdartwife
YouTube Junkie and Thread-Hijacker... watch your threads.
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papooses View Post
She (or you) should post the vehicle year, make, model + child's age, weight, height at www.car-seat.org for the various techs & advocates to help: I & a few others are trying to answer questions as they arrise here, but that forum is specifically for Child Passenger Safety so you'll get lots more info/ideas!
Well I'll be a hot tamale! Thank you!
Old 06-15-2007, 03:16 PM   #4
ellismommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

We had the same problem with our truck. Dodge Dakota 4 door. I finally went to babies R US and tried every car seat in my truck. Britax Marathon and Decathalon are the only ones that fit. Go figure the most expensive!! albee baby usually has them on sale with free shipping. I will say they are worth every penny. Just don't get the Roundabout weight wise it goes up pretty high but it's a lot shorter and if your kids are tall they will grow out of it FAST! Hope that helps.

Loving being Cameron's wife , and a SAHM to Rylee Lauren (3) & Lincoln Noah (11 months)
ellismommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 03:18 PM   #5
ellismommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

You can also look on Craigslist or other FSOT sites for a cheaper version. People are always selling them.

Loving being Cameron's wife , and a SAHM to Rylee Lauren (3) & Lincoln Noah (11 months)
Old 06-15-2007, 03:19 PM   #6
Papooses
Registered Users

My Mood:

Please please please stop encouraging used carseats This increases the potential for numerous permanent/serious or fatal injuries -- I have info on this in my website....
Old 06-25-2007, 10:31 AM   #7
ellismommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

If you buy on Craigslist in your area you can go and inspect the carseat yourself. I would never recommend buying used off ebay or anywhere else. If you can't afford to buy a brand new britax car seat I think that craigslist is an acceptable alternative. I have never had a problem if I physically go inspect things myself. Just my oppinion she can take it or leave it

Old 06-25-2007, 11:01 AM   #8
raceNzanesmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellismommy View Post
If you buy on Craigslist in your area you can go and inspect the carseat yourself. I would never recommend buying used off ebay or anywhere else. If you can't afford to buy a brand new britax car seat I think that craigslist is an acceptable alternative. I have never had a problem if I physically go inspect things myself. Just my oppinion she can take it or leave it
Used car seats can have damage that can't be seen with the naked eye. I would not buy used -ever from anyone- unless it is a close friend you can trust. I'm not trusting enough to trust a stranger.

I LOVE Britax seats, but I'd rather a parent buy a new less expensive seat rather than a used Britax they don't know the history of.

CPS Tech to all- Need car seat/booster help? EMAIL me.
raceNzanesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 11:05 AM   #9
doberbrat
Registered Users
seller

Everyone needs to do what they feel comfy with but do understand that if there were a moderate accident, its entirely possible to have damage that cant be seen w/the naked eye.

Id only buy a used car seat if I trusted the person to babysit my kid. If you trust them with their life, then you can trust their word that the car seat was never dropped, in an accident etc.
Mamma to the best dd 10/05 and Expecting #2 edd 11/29/09 and 2 furkids!
doberbrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 11:09 AM   #10
JackieLyn
feeling festive
seller

My Mood:

we have a silverado with the half doors and i had an evenflo triumph rear facing in the middle