Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-07-2013, 06:27 AM   #11
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Bath time issues

My kids would not take baths at all for years. I had to take a wash basin and sponge bathe them. THey screamed as if someone was killing them. It was a total sensory thing that they finally outgrew. I just did a sponge bath and called it a day. No point in tramatizing a kid. Once a month I did what I called a dunk and run. Where I put said screaming child in tub and washed them. It was a very fast procedure.

Advertisement

l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:19 AM   #12
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

my oldest hated bath time from day one.only now at 8yrs she is ok but doesnt like her hair done. i just tell her more cooperation equals faster bath.....
Old 04-20-2013, 06:30 PM   #13
doodah
Registered Users
seller

did you ever get this figured out OP? Is there particular things that are bothering your daughter? A particular time of the bath that the meltdowns begin?

My daughter is also sensory seeking and also scratches a lot. Clothing, towels, washcloths and even other sensations on her skin are bothersome so it could be the scrubbing that is bothering your child. Have you tried to use something different to wash her with? If you use a small towel, try a different type of fabric, try a loofah or other types of sponges. Try different towels or fabrics to try after bath. Could also be the temp of the water. It could be one small thing that was making your child hate the entire bath process.

It could be something not related to the scratching though

Last edited by doodah; 04-20-2013 at 06:34 PM.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:15 PM   #14
amegrl520
Registered Users
seller

Yes I did I wanted to update sooner and forgot. I got her to like it again by making them a bubble bath. We always used to do bubbles but then we stopped. It's really helped a lot. She does still scratch herself tho. I kinda think it just feels weird for her to not have clothes on. No more screaming looking at me like why are u doing this to me.

amegrl520 is offline   Reply With Quote