Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-16-2013, 03:28 PM   #101
my5sons
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I HAVE 5 GIRLS AND THE 6TH ONE IS...........drum roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillargh View Post
The chances are still 50/50. How often it occurs is 3%. Big difference

Old thread though, so meh. Hope all is well OP!
Yeah, I think there's some confusion over that...I read somewhere that the odds are actually closer to 51% odds of a boy each time and 49% for a girl. But that's every time. It doesn't matter if it's your 1st or 10th child, same odds But the odds of having the same gender each time are what keeps decreasing each time. We are 3 percenters, with 6 boys in a row! We finally broke our streak with baby #7...I don't know if I'll have the faintest clue of what to do with a girl! lol

As for gender swaying, I don't know whether it works or not and which methods are effective or not...but I did read somewhere that a diet high in potassium tends to sway in favor of boys. Before I had DS1 I was a salt ADDICT. I had to cut it out, but I couldn't use nothing, so I switched to salt substitute...which is potassium chloride. Before I got pregnant this time around I went back to using regular salt but less of it. Coincidence that we conceived a girl this time? Probably...but who knows? No matter what, I'm just excited to FINALLY be giving my boys a sister

Advertisement

Old 11-16-2013, 03:37 PM   #102
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by my5sons View Post
Yeah, I think there's some confusion over that...I read somewhere that the odds are actually closer to 51% odds of a boy each time and 49% for a girl. But that's every time. It doesn't matter if it's your 1st or 10th child, same odds But the odds of having the same gender each time are what keeps decreasing each time. We are 3 percenters, with 6 boys in a row! We finally broke our streak with baby #7...I don't know if I'll have the faintest clue of what to do with a girl! lol

As for gender swaying, I don't know whether it works or not and which methods are effective or not...but I did read somewhere that a diet high in potassium tends to sway in favor of boys. Before I had DS1 I was a salt ADDICT. I had to cut it out, but I couldn't use nothing, so I switched to salt substitute...which is potassium chloride. Before I got pregnant this time around I went back to using regular salt but less of it. Coincidence that we conceived a girl this time? Probably...but who knows? No matter what, I'm just excited to FINALLY be giving my boys a sister
I am so not girly, I don't know what I would do if I ever had a girl that wasn't a tomboy out of the womb LOL.

I'm skeptical of swaying. Everything I see people post about various things are always 100% wrong for me haha. By all things I've heard and read from ridiculous chinese gender charts to swaying methods all say my boys should be girls.
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 03:44 PM   #103
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

my sil had girl them a bunch of boys then 2 girls and last is a boy again. nine kids total.
Join me making money doing the following: shopkick, Swagbucks, fronto unlock screen , Perk and Perk unlock screen, receipthog,1Q, Free Eats, panel app, qmee, bzzagent, slidejoy unlock screen, smiley360, adme unlock screen, Rewardrack, Snap by Groupon, reviewsio, swaggable, checkpoints referral name: jmnhuisman, pinchme referral code: 54K7J, lootpalace, shopalong , drizzle sms - clock, yerdle, send Earnings, yaarlo referral code JESSA398, ibotta, BrowseU, survey cow unlock referral code is8513604729
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 03:30 AM   #104
Jottum
Registered Users

We have 10. Our oldest 4 are all boys. Our youngest 6 are all girls! If we are blessed again, needless to say we will be shocked if it's another girl. We used to think that we would never have any daughters ;-)
Jottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 01:38 PM   #105
JasmineMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2boysmama View Post
Thanks mamas! I felt the same way with my last baby and I love him more than I ever thought I could. Everything EVERYTHING he does makes me smile. He is potty training and he came and got me this morning to drag me to a pile of poo on the carpet. Dh was a little grouchy but even that I just think is funny, he really is so sweet. The older two are very independant and daddy's boys, Colt (my 3rd) is my only (so far) mama's boy. I am getting a little excited just to know the gender so I can start preparing for this one. I'm sure I'll love him just the same, it is more a question of "Can I do this again?" Can I deal with 5 boys? 6 boys? I went into heart failure after my last baby so this baby may very well be my last if that happens again, I can't risk dying when I've got 4 boys that need me. Dh and I are very open to adoption and our church is helping to build an orphanage in Benin Africa right now, that may be how we add to our family in the future. I just hate wanting to rush through this pregnancy just to get a chance to try again (for a girl) or to adopt one. God picked this baby for our family and I'm just going to have to accept and embrace him. Thanks for letting me vent and ramble. If you are praying mamas could you please keep me in your prayers? I hate the way I feel, I keep praying for peace about it and to know that God has only his best for me but selfishly I can't get past my desire to raise a girl.
Maybe because my boys are such mamas boys and because I am kind of afraid of getting a Princess-y girl, I wanted to have a house full of boys. But baby number 3 is a girl (I've had them double and triple check). I'm sure I'll love her and love being a mom to a girl... I'll keep you in my prayers. But, enjoy those boys, I've found my boys to be so sweet compared to some of the girls my friends have (many already have little attitudes!).
Old 01-06-2014, 08:30 PM   #106
melula
Registered Users
seller

Friend has six boys and one adopted girl
melula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:48 PM   #107
happyhome
Registered Users

My Mood:

congrats! we had 2 girls, then 4 boys, and now this one is a girl
happyhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 01:07 AM   #108
Jomama2005
Registered Users
seller

My husbands friends all have only boys and we have only girls! One has 6, one has 2 and another has just one boy but no daughters.. We have two girls and don't know the gender of baby #3 yet! Funny thing is my parents have all granddaughters and one grandson (plus 5 daughters and two sons), and his parents have 19 grandsons and 4 grand daughters (plus 1 daughter and three sons!).!
Old 01-18-2014, 01:39 PM   #109
*GreenMama*
Registered Users
seller
seller

A friend of mine jst had her 8th, and the last 6 or 7 are girls!
*GreenMama* is offline   Reply With Quote