Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-17-2007, 03:06 PM   #21
MamaPajama79
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: 2.0 problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_times4 View Post
I just make sure the insert sits lower than the velcro. That way it doesn't matter if it folds out. (It's really quite easy and I do it w/o thinking now.)
I do the same thing, and I fold the top part inwards. Works for me!

Advertisement

MamaPajama79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 07:47 PM   #22
wimama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was just experimenting today with a 2.0. I snapped it down to the small setting, with a smaller insert. It now fits below his belly and still has enough butt coverage. It doesn't roll down now.

Why did it take me a year to figure this out? I assumed I should snap it at the medium setting since he wears mediums in everything else.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:13 PM   #23
mama_times5
Registered Users
Formerly: mama_times4
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwickjb View Post
hmmmm...man I love these dipes but I think I am gonna have to find something else These make up MOST of my stash and I love them..but we are having issues. The waistband, the tabs are wicking..I only let themn go 3 hours max (except for night) with a CB OS insert....do you think maybe part of the problem is my inserts?
I have to use a hemp insert under the microfiber OS. It's made all the difference in the world, cutting out leaks for us!
Old 05-17-2007, 08:24 PM   #24
wildflowerjenn
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by saweetmomma View Post
I love bGs, but I've noticed lately that the velcro tabs are starting to yellow? Why is that? Anyone else notice that too?
If you're using yellow microfiber towels - and washing them with your diapers - the color will transfer from your towels onto hook & loop. Over time, you'll start to see white PUL acquire a yellowish color too. The dye used on the towels will readily transfer to artificial fibers. You'll see the same effect with blue, green or purple towels. This issue with dyed microfiber affects everything made with hook & loop, nylon or PUL.

This is a plug for our product ()... but that is why we came out with our white microfiber towels... they don't transfer dye, but still offer the same folding/sizing benefits as a towels. They are also less expensive than buying a ready-made insert.

Anyway, just my for what they're worth!
Like me on Facebook.
wildflowerjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 08:28 PM   #25
wildflowerjenn
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewemama View Post
Our problem has been that the tabs come undone on DS's Bg overnight! It's REALLY annoying having to change his sheets in the middle of the night. And we do get wicking through the tabs. It's a shame - I do love these diapers, and got them to use with both him and the new baby, but we're sticking with our Fuzzy Bunz for overnight.

I've noticed the problem with the waist band too - not as bad during the day, and usually only when I let him get too wet. Maybe just try changing the diaper more often or doubling up on the insert?
Rachel,

You need to dry your diapers on hot in the dryer and then wait until they are COMPLETELY cooled before pulling the tabs off of the laundry tabs. If you pull them apart while they are still warm, it affects the stickiness of your hook/loop (and I'm guessing that this is why your diaper is coming off at night). Another mom here was having this problem, followed these instructions - I think she had to do it twice - and it fixed her problem. The heating/cooling process resets the hooks... and makes them work right again. We see this issue most often in households that primarily line dry.
Like me on Facebook.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:29 PM   #26
wildflowerjenn
Registered Users

Quote:
hmmmm...man I love these dipes but I think I am gonna have to find something else These make up MOST of my stash and I love them..but we are having issues. The waistband, the tabs are wicking..I only let themn go 3 hours max (except for night) with a CB OS insert....do you think maybe part of the problem is my inserts?
Can you post a picture of your baby wearing the diaper? I'll be glad to help you troubleshoot what is going on - but with leaking issues at the waist, a photo really helps me help you.
Like me on Facebook.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:08 AM   #27
saweetmomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflowerjenn View Post
If you're using yellow microfiber towels - and washing them with your diapers - the color will transfer from your towels onto hook & loop. Over time, you'll start to see white PUL acquire a yellowish color too. The dye used on the towels will readily transfer to artificial fibers. You'll see the same effect with blue, green or purple towels. This issue with dyed microfiber affects everything made with hook & loop, nylon or PUL.

This is a plug for our product ()... but that is why we came out with our white microfiber towels... they don't transfer dye, but still offer the same folding/sizing benefits as a towels. They are also less expensive than buying a ready-made insert.

Anyway, just my for what they're worth!
Hmm, I'm only washing diapers w/ diapers, but I do have unbleached prefolds, do you think that's it? I only have bGs and the prefolds with covers (white). I'm investigating other covers, but for the most part, that's it, nothing yellow in the wash

Proud Army Wife & Mom to 6 glorious children

*Visit my parenting blog Crazy Adventures in Parenting* Ebay feedback BW feedback
saweetmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 10:07 PM   #28
zwickjb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflowerjenn View Post
Can you post a picture of your baby wearing the diaper? I'll be glad to help you troubleshoot what is going on - but with leaking issues at the waist, a photo really helps me help you.
Thanks Jenn..here is the photo, please excuse my DHs legs! This one has 1 CB OS insert unsnapped in it. The dipe is at the largest size. And I am not sure if you can tell in the pic or not but the strech tabs are wicking also...Any help would be much loved!

Last edited by zwickjb; 05-18-2007 at 10:07 PM. Reason: added pic
zwickjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 10:16 PM   #29
wildflowerjenn
Registered Users

Quote:
Thanks Jenn..here is the photo, please excuse my DHs legs! This one has 1 CB OS insert unsnapped in it. The dipe is at the largest size. And I am not sure if you can tell in the pic or not but the strech tabs are wicking also...Any help would be much loved!
How much does your baby weigh and how long was the diaper on before it leaked? MOST of the time, leaky diapers need more stuffing or an earlier diaper change. Once a cloth diaper is saturated, it will leak.

As far as fit goes, there is definitely some work to do. I'd suggest the following:

1. Put that diaper on the medium setting
2. Pull it down in back a little bit.
3. Pull it up a little bit in the front to accomodate his thighs.
4. Then fasten it shut.

That will pull the top edge of the diaper down below your baby's belly roll and keep the front from rolling forward. The leaking at the waist is caused by the front rolling forward... and if you are dealing with an over-wet diaper, I'd bet money that the improper fit is actually causing the wicking out onto your tabs. You want that front FLAT and the white part of the diaper against your baby's belly.
Like me on Facebook.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:17 PM   #30
the8dunlaps
Registered Users
seller
seller

My dd's budda belly tends to make front velcro and front snap diapers (with no front elastic) fold down or stick out at the waist too. I find for her she has such a short rise, she does better with dipes that sit under her belly rise wise.

It doesn't look like from the pics that that would be the problem though, they aren't too high rised, and your baby's belly isn't sticking out LOL

Cute baby belly and legs btw.
the8dunlaps is offline   Reply With Quote