Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-23-2009, 10:42 PM   #91
Sakari
Registered Users

Re: A Double-Dog Dare for those that are challenged by their little girl's hair!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebekahG77 View Post
2 days left to complete the original "challenge." I have no idea what we'll do tomorrow. Off to google for ideas
I found a whole lot of nothing when I googled! Guess I'm left with just my imagination.

Advertisement

I sell Baltic Amber jewelry!
Sakari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:00 PM   #92
RebekahG77
Registered Users
seller

Re: A Double-Dog Dare for those that are challenged by their little girl's hair!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakari View Post
I found a whole lot of nothing when I googled! Guess I'm left with just my imagination.
I didn't find a lot either But I just ready just about every single post on www.shedoeshair.blogspot.com ... there's adorable stuff there! A few do's with curly toddler hair

http://shedoeshair.blogspot.com/2008...and-curls.html
RebekahG77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:02 PM   #93
RebekahG77
Registered Users
seller

I think tomorrow I'm either going to try more smocking, or a slanted part. Possibly 2 knotted pigtails on the side. Oh, the possibilities! I had no idea there were so many ways to style such short hair!!

btw, I've gotten TONS of compliments this week when we've been out and about on dd's hair. It's so encouraging!

Last edited by RebekahG77; 10-23-2009 at 11:06 PM.
RebekahG77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:45 PM   #94
daisy0306
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
So glad you were victorious, Andrea!!

there was a lot of this And the finally it decided to and I was like

Quote:
YAY!!

(yep, I'm with ya on the straight hair...and wishing for curly Isn't that always how it goes? I hope I can help DD love her hair from the get-go!)
Ugh my sister has BEAUTIFUL curly hair and she always wanted my straight hair!

Quote:
I think tomorrow I'm either going to try more smocking, or a slanted part. Possibly 2 knotted pigtails on the side. Oh, the possibilities! I had no idea there were so many ways to style such short hair!!

btw, I've gotten TONS of compliments this week when we've been out and about on dd's hair. It's so encouraging!
that's awesome! I posted the pics of DD's hair on my Facebook and got a lot of compliment on it, too
daisy0306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 07:02 AM   #95
Willow's_lilmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Thanks!!

I know! aren't the curls amazing?! I always wanted curly hair....My mom and I would painstakingly put my straight straight hair in foam rollers every night before picture day at school or christmas/easter or pictures of any kind! It's taking me some time to learn what to do with curls - but we're getting there! Keeping them from matting is the hardest part
This is so me too! I remember sleeping with the curlers only to have the curls fall out within an hour or two. Willow's hair is soooo curly! Thanks for the curly hair do link! We haven't been playing since she's been sick w/ a yucky throat virus
Old 10-24-2009, 07:18 AM   #96
NATTYBATSMOM
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
YAY!!

(yep, I'm with ya on the straight hair...and wishing for curly Isn't that always how it goes? I hope I can help DD love her hair from the get-go!)
I HATE my curly hair. I'm learning to live with it but I really wish I had straighter hair. It's really hard to find a decent hair cut for curly hair especially since salons usually do not know how to cut curly hair.

Some people are really able to pull off curly hair though. I'm just not one of them, at least not yet.
My Blog: Sipping Life One Day at a Time
NATTYBATSMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 10:03 AM   #97
Sakari
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy0306 View Post
there was a lot of this And the finally it decided to and I was like

Ugh my sister has BEAUTIFUL curly hair and she always wanted my straight hair!

Isn't that the way it goes??

that's awesome! I posted the pics of DD's hair on my Facebook and got a lot of compliment on it, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow's_lilmama View Post
This is so me too! I remember sleeping with the curlers only to have the curls fall out within an hour or two. Willow's hair is soooo curly! Thanks for the curly hair do link! We haven't been playing since she's been sick w/ a yucky throat virus
Yep. I was just in a play and had to curly my hair for it...by the end of the two hours it was almost completely straight again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NATTYBATSMOM View Post
I HATE my curly hair. I'm learning to live with it but I really wish I had straighter hair. It's really hard to find a decent hair cut for curly hair especially since salons usually do not know how to cut curly hair.

Some people are really able to pull off curly hair though. I'm just not one of them, at least not yet.
oh! How sad! Yeah, I have been doing a lot of reading about curly hair and it sounds like it is VERY hard to find a good stylist who knows how to cut curly hair. I hope you love your beautiful hair soon!! Just think of how much I envy you... maybe that will help

Old 10-24-2009, 10:11 AM   #98
Sakari
Registered Users

Here's today. Simple little twist across front of head... secured with an elastic and added a bow for looks (helps with that girly look! )

Old 10-24-2009, 10:12 AM   #99
Sakari
Registered Users

Quote:

Thank you so much for the links!!

Old 10-24-2009, 11:25 AM   #100
2under2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

http://www.princesshairstyles.com/search/label/Braids

did anybody post this site yet?? this is where i have found a few good hairstyles. my 3 yo has hair to her butt!! so it is always getting everywhere if it isn't controlled! now if there was only a blog on getting them to keep their head still!!