Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-23-2009, 05:54 PM   #81
RebekahG77
Registered Users
seller

Re: A Double-Dog Dare for those that are challenged by their little girl's hair!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squig'sMumMum View Post
Here is DD's hair from Wednesday:

Very simple, just pulled it back a bit with the bow to keep the hair out of her face. Was a big test to see if she'd leave it in, and she mostly did ^_^

I didn't get a picture yesterday, and didn't do hair today as we just stayed home and were cleaning
So sweet and simple! I love it

Advertisement

RebekahG77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:39 PM   #82
Sakari
Registered Users

Re: A Double-Dog Dare for those that are challenged by their little girl's hair!!

Here's DD's hair today! Before it was even dry (I wanted to get the pic before she pulled at it too much) As it turns out she's been actually really good about leaving her hair up the last two days. I just remind her to "leave it in" if she starts to pull! and people have known she's a girl!!!! 3 days ago after probably the 3rd "oh what a cute boy" comment DH said, "That's it! She's not wearing blue anymore!" Of course he didn't mean it!

I just took someone else's idea of rolling it - I twisted the hair back and then used an elastic to hold it - added the clips for cute-ness! (she doesn't sit still for me, so parting down the middle of her head is pretty impossible at this point in life! I'm just happy to get it up at all!)

eta: oh geez - I'm having issues with pic size! Eventually I"ll learn...

I sell Baltic Amber jewelry!
Sakari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:48 PM   #83
RebekahG77
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakari View Post
Here's DD's hair today! Before it was even dry (I wanted to get the pic before she pulled at it too much) As it turns out she's been actually really good about leaving her hair up the last two days. I just remind her to "leave it in" if she starts to pull! and people have known she's a girl!!!! 3 days ago after probably the 3rd "oh what a cute boy" comment DH said, "That's it! She's not wearing blue anymore!" Of course he didn't mean it!

I just took someone else's idea of rolling it - I twisted the hair back and then used an elastic to hold it - added the clips for cute-ness! (she doesn't sit still for me, so parting down the middle of her head is pretty impossible at this point in life! I'm just happy to get it up at all!)

eta: oh geez - I'm having issues with pic size! Eventually I"ll learn...

Those curls are too sweet for words Great job with the "girly" hair
Old 10-23-2009, 11:08 PM   #84
daisy0306
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I didn't do DD's hair today I've been fighting with my sewing machine all day.
daisy0306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:11 PM   #85
Sakari
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebekahG77 View Post
Those curls are too sweet for words Great job with the "girly" hair
Thanks!!

I know! aren't the curls amazing?! I always wanted curly hair....My mom and I would painstakingly put my straight straight hair in foam rollers every night before picture day at school or christmas/easter or pictures of any kind! It's taking me some time to learn what to do with curls - but we're getting there! Keeping them from matting is the hardest part

Old 10-23-2009, 11:11 PM   #86
Sakari
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy0306 View Post
I didn't do DD's hair today I've been fighting with my sewing machine all day.
bummer! That doesn't sound fun at all!

Old 10-23-2009, 11:13 PM   #87
daisy0306
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Thanks!!

I know! aren't the curls amazing?! I always wanted curly hair....My mom and I would painstakingly put my straight straight hair in foam rollers every night before picture day at school or christmas/easter or pictures of any kind! It's taking me some time to learn what to do with curls - but we're getting there! Keeping them from matting is the hardest part
My hair is BONE straight, I would love to have curly hair!

Quote:
bummer! That doesn't sound fun at all!
I won in the end
daisy0306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:16 PM   #88
RebekahG77
Registered Users
seller

So glad you were victorious, Andrea!!
Old 10-23-2009, 11:16 PM   #89
RebekahG77
Registered Users
seller

2 days left to complete the original "challenge." I have no idea what we'll do tomorrow. Off to google for ideas
Old 10-23-2009, 11:33 PM   #90
Sakari
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy0306 View Post
My hair is BONE straight, I would love to have curly hair!

I won in the end
YAY!!

(yep, I'm with ya on the straight hair...and wishing for curly Isn't that always how it goes? I hope I can help DD love her hair from the get-go!)