Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-10-2013, 02:06 PM   #41
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotLad View Post
I swear I'm not being snarky. This is a legit question that my brain conjured up.

If you use a little potty in your car, what do you do with "remains"? Do you just leave it in your car until you get home? Do you really have urine sloshing around your trunk?

And what is your plan when your kiddo outgrows the portable potty? If you have a dislike of public bathrooms, what will you do when your kid is too big for the potty, but has to go RIGHT NOW?
I usually just dump it out right there : . I don't use it that often though but it's nice to have in an emergency. Its only ever pee though.

Advertisement

And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:05 AM   #42
maramarrie
Registered Users
seller

Re: Dirty public restrooms

I line every toilet seat my kids sit on away from home. When DS got tall enough he started standing up. Sometimes he will prefer to sit even if he doesn't have to poop, but many times I make him stand and remind him not to touch anything. DD is easy with the paper-covered seat, too.
maramarrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:21 PM   #43
flyfemme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

In the beginning, my daughter brought the potty chair in the car and take him to the car and empty it when she got home (he never had to poop). After that he would hold on to her as she help him over the seat. Now she uses the paper seat covers or lay toilet paper on the seat. It can be cumbersome but it's not forever.
flyfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:00 AM   #44
lovehope1989
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I bring Clorox wipes with me and clean the seat first.
lovehope1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:38 PM   #45
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Will have the little potty in the car. But also a little seat she uses on big potties. I've considered carrying Clorox wipes. I do carry wetwipes for her.

It is gross. Right now my biggest concern is managing her and a baby in a public toilet. So far dad has been with us and he held the baby. All by myself? Hrm...
Old 07-31-2013, 04:19 PM   #46
miriamleigh
Registered Users

We keep a potty in the car. I put a plastic bag in the basin and a disposable diaper and just lift them out and tie the bag. We also keep baby wipes and Clorox wipes in the car as well.
miriamleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:43 PM   #47
Erinne
Registered Users

I hold my dd over the toilet, like my hands under her legs, her back against my chest, and her backwards to the toilet. I think in EC they call it a supported squat? At 35 lbs now, I do let her sit on public toilets if they're not visibly gross, but I still hold her if they're too nasty. Fortunately she's taken my lectures about touching anything to heart and is kinda paranoid about it herself now, so I don't have to tell her much about don't touch anything And of course we wash and use the paper towel to turn off the water and open the door.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:28 PM   #48
Rachel.castlen
Registered Users

i agree public restrooms are gross, and the way kids like to explore everthing is prob even grosser. i will say that my friends that are really hyper cautious about germs in public restrooms have a really hard time getting thier kids to use them out and about because they pick up on how much the mama is grossed out. not ideal :/.
Rachel.castlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:14 PM   #49
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Playgrounds are dirtier than public restrooms- from the news show I watched! I'm sure there is some away in that though
Old 08-18-2013, 07:39 AM   #50
jme4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I understand, I'm a little bit of a germaphob. I don't use public restrooms and if I have to I never sit. My cousin has her little girls literally stand and squat over them. I usually hold my daughter putting one arm at the bends of her knees and the other around her back and hold her over it. And I'm going to now get a potty for the car! I love that!
jme4 is offline   Reply With Quote