Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-05-2012, 01:48 PM   #4331
MilaniasSuperMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: does anyone have a sucessful Ebay store?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3BoysMamma View Post
Wow! I should have researched a bit more than my hurried research! At least they went bc I needed them to big time! That consignment sale and our electric bill is this weekend!!
I have a big sale at the end of the month too. I am considering doing what someone suggested and getting big items to put in it. The only thing is storage of them until then b/c my garage is packed with ebay stuff already and becoming rather annoying to keep organized. The other thing is I might be able to get the same amount on CL with no fees, I just would have to wait longer to sell sometimes......errrr idk

Advertisement

MilaniasSuperMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:38 PM   #4332
B's Mommy
Registered Users
Formerly: All Fleeced Out
seller
seller

My Mood:

So do you think a message to a buyer saying the following is okay?

"Hi! I see that your package has been delivered, and I wanted to make sure there are no problems before you leave me feedback. Thank you for your business!

-Virginia"

I'm hoping it'll make them leave me feedback..it's been more than a week since it was delivered...Otherwise, how else should I say it? I NEED this feedback! I've sold 22 items and the majority of them have arrived and I have only 5 feedback from buyers! I haven't even been leaving it first!
Old 09-05-2012, 02:38 PM   #4333
ittybittycoconuts
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamabeans View Post
But part of the claim process is taking the item, the shipping material used and any pieces of the item to a post office for examination.
They see if it was the senders neglect ( not packaged right) and look at the damage/shipping box etc to determine if it happened in transit.
In my case, the box isn't damaged or smashed, it was boxed twice, separate from one another and then wrapped in bubble wrap.
The damage clearly looks like it happened outside of shipment.
It would be like getting a iPhone with a partially cracked screen, but it was wrapped in bubble wrap and then boxed twice, with no signs of damage to either of the boxs. You'd be inclined to think your shipper did it before shipping.

So if I crash my car into my garage but then claim someone hit me while I was shopping, this (in my eyes) would be the same.
Ive filed a few claims and they are usually pretty fair. But the issue is you did not intentionally damage and it was not in your possession, its your word against the buyers. Did you request photos before agreeing to the return? We dont know how or when it was damaged. You should not be out on this one and thats the purpose of insurance, Ive paid for it hundreds of times and rarely needed it. 40 year old pottery is really fragile and as much as I think she did it it is still possible it got jostled around just the wrong way ESPECIALLY if she sent it parcel post.

I would not refund her until you take it to USPS. Let her file a paypal claim if she has an issue with that. If you need to call paypal dont take no for an answer, the call center people are trained to deny, deny, deny and get you off the phone but the supervisors can do as they please and in my experience are very fair if you can present your case.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/report_problem.html
Go down to misuse of return policy.

Submit the USPS denial letter along with your claim along with the before and after photos.

Can I appeal an eBay Buyer Protection decision?
If a case is closed in the buyer's favor, a seller may appeal the decision by providing the appropriate documentation through the eBay Resolution Center within 45 days from the day the case is closed. If the decision is reversed, the seller will be refunded the reimbursement amount back to the reimbursement payment method on file with eBay. Other fees will not be reimbursed.
ittybittycoconuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:49 PM   #4334
ittybittycoconuts
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by B's Mommy View Post
So do you think a message to a buyer saying the following is okay?

"Hi! I see that your package has been delivered, and I wanted to make sure there are no problems before you leave me feedback. Thank you for your business!

-Virginia"

I'm hoping it'll make them leave me feedback..it's been more than a week since it was delivered...Otherwise, how else should I say it? I NEED this feedback! I've sold 22 items and the majority of them have arrived and I have only 5 feedback from buyers! I haven't even been leaving it first!
less than half of my buyers will leave feedback. I show over 400 lifetime transactions but only 214 in feedback.
ittybittycoconuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:53 PM   #4335
TrammellyFamily
Registered Users
Foremerly: MeadowAndColtsMama
seller

What a day!!! First ds (3) comes and gets in bed with me in the night, has a fever , then pees all over our bed! Up half the night wiping him down with a wet rag. Then first thing this am our septic system backs up into our shower and tub! I'm due, planning to have a homebirth and my stepdad came and said it may be a week without water!!! I was pretty much hysterical. Turns out they fixed it today. My midwife said do not worry. Bleach out the tub, calm down lol.... I really need to have this baby. My bff just had her new little guy about 20 minutes ago. He is 6 pounds. <3 so I'm officially last lol. Anyway thanks for reading! Another slow day. One sale, the felicity American girl dress for 13.49. I think the eBay God's are trying to tell me to focus on my baby this week haha.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:35 PM   #4336
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

haven't had a sale in THREE DAYS. That's never happened to me before. Ever. But I am under 40 items for the first time ever. Sucks. Paper due tonight that I haven't even started, I'm exhausted, baby is fussy, dh is at school all night. GAH!
Old 09-05-2012, 06:35 PM   #4337
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

haven't had a sale in THREE DAYS. That's never happened to me before. Ever. But I am under 40 items for the first time ever. Sucks. Paper due tonight that I haven't even started, I'm exhausted, baby is fussy, dh is at school all night. GAH!
Old 09-05-2012, 06:39 PM   #4338
3BoysMamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrammellyFamily View Post
What a day!!! First ds (3) comes and gets in bed with me in the night, has a fever , then pees all over our bed! Up half the night wiping him down with a wet rag. Then first thing this am our septic system backs up into our shower and tub! I'm due, planning to have a homebirth and my stepdad came and said it may be a week without water!!! I was pretty much hysterical. Turns out they fixed it today. My midwife said do not worry. Bleach out the tub, calm down lol.... I really need to have this baby. My bff just had her new little guy about 20 minutes ago. He is 6 pounds. <3 so I'm officially last lol. Anyway thanks for reading! Another slow day. One sale, the felicity American girl dress for 13.49. I think the eBay God's are trying to tell me to focus on my baby this week haha.
awwww Maybe all the "bad stuff" will get out of the way before baby is born!

And, I've had 4 sales today only....and that was within a 2 hour period when my internet was down

Visit my Ebay store: Penny Pinching Picks!
3BoysMamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 06:44 PM   #4339
TrammellyFamily
Registered Users
Foremerly: MeadowAndColtsMama
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5PrincessMommy View Post
Oh man! How do you do it??!!!
Old 09-05-2012, 06:45 PM   #4340
B's Mommy
Registered Users
Formerly: All Fleeced Out
seller
seller

My Mood:

One of the people I messaged about the feedback replied back to my message, "No problems, it was perfect!" Yet DIDN'T leave feedback!! How could they take the time to reply back to a pretty blatantly obvious hint, and then not leave feedback?

Last edited by B's Mommy; 09-05-2012 at 06:47 PM.
B's Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote