Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-18-2009, 05:14 PM   #1
kocho
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Pizza dough in the bread machine questions.

OK, I wanted to try pizza dough in the bread machine. I've never done it before, and I'm not all that familiar with my machine. My sister gave it to me when she moved and I don't have the book that came with it. I've baked bread with it a few times though.

Anyways, I used this recipe.

http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/print.php

Set my machine on dough/pasta and it's going to town.

So I just let it do it's thing and don't mess with it? It will mix and rise. Then when it beeps I take out and make into pizza?

Advertisement

My Avon Earn giftcards with Swagbucks My Blog - Change Jar Blog
kocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 05:22 PM   #2
amysconfections
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pizza dough in the bread machine questions.

I didn't look at your recipe but yes you just take it out when it's done on the dough cycle. Here's my pizza dough recipe I use. It's the only one I found that works great.

Pizza Hut Style Pizza Dough

1 1/3 cups water
2 tsp sugar
1 1/4 tsp salt
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp cornmeal
3 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1 1/2 tsp yeast

Add ingredients to bread machine, according to manufacturer's settings, and run dough setting. After the machine beeps, roll out the dough. You can roll the dough into two 9x13" pizzas (great for kid's lunches!) or into two medium pizzas or a large pizza and an order of breadsticks (as instructed above). Parbake the crust with a drizzle of olive oil on it at 450 degrees for ten minutes. Remove the crust and add sauce and toppings. If making breadsticks, add your breadsticks at this time. Place into the oven for another ten to fifteen minutes or until golden and bubbly. Enjoy!
Labels: Recipes
Old 01-19-2009, 10:53 AM   #3
kocho
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh Yum!! I'm gonna try yours next time. Sounds soooo good. I didn't have the cornmeal this time.

Mine turned out ok. I made two pizza's one thin crust with just cheese for the kids and one thicker (on my baking stone) with cheese and pepperoni for me and DH. Wasn't thrilled with the thin one, but the kids were ok with it. Ours turned out great though. Nice thick crust. Greasy from the pepperoni. Just like I like it. lol Though I wish I had some parm cheese in the house. I just hate paying for it. We've been out for awhile and I'm watching for a deal.

I think we may have homemade pizza more often. It was pretty cheap. I just used regular tomato sauce we had on hand. We get cheese from WIC and the pepperoni was $1 at the Dollar Tree.

My Avon Earn giftcards with Swagbucks My Blog - Change Jar Blog
kocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 03:40 PM   #4
Severine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm trying this tonight! I have a recipe that was given to me for using with the KitchenAid mixer but it requires more planning than just a couple of hours, so yours wins tonight.
Severine is offline   Reply With Quote