Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-27-2009, 11:18 AM   #11
mammaof3lovelys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Nighttime bottle? Bottle rot?

i might get flamed for this, but i have always let my dds have their bottles with them at night. and when older a sippy cup. as long as they need formula i put formula in it. when they are old enough to where they don't need formula at night anymore i water it down slowly till its all water. usually around a 10-12 months. AND i let them have it with them ALL night if thats what they want. dd1 did't, dd2 wouldn't sleep unless she was touching a botlte/cup until she was almost 2. DS now if he wakes at night i give him his bottle and go back to bed. he drinks till full drops it and grabs his pacifier. NONE of my los have had bottle rot.

i will say when they are off the formula i won't let them have anything, but water in their cup/bottles at night. and dd2 did flood her diapers everynight, but ds does fine.

Advertisement

Like my avatar? Lil' Munchkies made them!
mammaof3lovelys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:21 PM   #12
bedheadmaestro
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for the responses. I will try the sippy cup at night just to see whether she's hungry or just wants to suck on something. (she has just mastered the sippy at meals). Also, she just cut her first tooth two nights ago (after the waking up madness reached its peak), and so I tried putting her to bed with some teethers to chew, and it worked for two nights in a row! She still woke up twice for her full bottles, but she grabbed the cold teethers a few other waking times and that settled her.

I think she may have been teething for the past month or so, when the problem began. She wasn't displaying any of the other teething signs at all. In retrospect, it seems like she wanted something cold on her gums at night, hence the fact she only wanted a bottle with milk in it. (She prefers her milk to be cold.)
bedheadmaestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:06 AM   #13
mrspnut82
Registered Users
seller
seller

Aww poor baby was cuttin teeth. Well I'm glad you figured it out mama.
mrspnut82 is offline   Reply With Quote