Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-19-2009, 12:09 PM   #21
magsmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Very Long,Very Hurt rant!

While I have not had anyone say anything to me or about me (that I'm aware of!), I can identify with your issues!! I starved my DS #1, and he ended up in the hospital at 6 weeks old for dehydration and failure to thrive. DS #2 was going pretty good, I was pumping exclusively due to cleft palate and was getting TONS of milk then wham...the milk train left at 4 weeks, just like that! DD has been better, but I tanked out about 4 -5 mths and started having to supplement, even after Reglan, Fenugreek, Domperidone, Blessed Thistle and power pumping for weeks!

It is what it is...although I do feel "Successful" this time around, it was very stressful a few months ago...until I just let it go.

There are a reason formulas are on the market! There is absolutely nothing wrong with formula feeding...and honestly, having done both, sometimes it is easier! And I would LOVE to eat my lunch at work with 2 hands instead of 1 on my fork and 1 across my boobs! I still sit at my lunch table with the other 4 gals that are pumping as well and are MILKCOWS!! I still get a little envious looking at their nice full bottles and I have all of 3 ounces total...but hey, it's mine!

And honestly....most of us...well I say us...that are in our 20's-30's were probably formula or milk fed!! A military hospital told my mother she couldn't breastfeed because she had inverted nipples ?!? They are so not!!! That's about the time Similac hit the market.

You've heard babies were born to breastfeed?? Not so much....

BABIES WERE BORN TO EAT!!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK MAMA!!

Advertisement

Old 10-19-2009, 04:15 PM   #22
spottycat
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by magsmom View Post
While I have not had anyone say anything to me or about me (that I'm aware of!), I can identify with your issues!! I starved my DS #1, and he ended up in the hospital at 6 weeks old for dehydration and failure to thrive. DS #2 was going pretty good, I was pumping exclusively due to cleft palate and was getting TONS of milk then wham...the milk train left at 4 weeks, just like that! DD has been better, but I tanked out about 4 -5 mths and started having to supplement, even after Reglan, Fenugreek, Domperidone, Blessed Thistle and power pumping for weeks!

It is what it is...although I do feel "Successful" this time around, it was very stressful a few months ago...until I just let it go.

There are a reason formulas are on the market! There is absolutely nothing wrong with formula feeding...and honestly, having done both, sometimes it is easier! And I would LOVE to eat my lunch at work with 2 hands instead of 1 on my fork and 1 across my boobs! I still sit at my lunch table with the other 4 gals that are pumping as well and are MILKCOWS!! I still get a little envious looking at their nice full bottles and I have all of 3 ounces total...but hey, it's mine!

And honestly....most of us...well I say us...that are in our 20's-30's were probably formula or milk fed!! A military hospital told my mother she couldn't breastfeed because she had inverted nipples ?!? They are so not!!! That's about the time Similac hit the market.

You've heard babies were born to breastfeed?? Not so much....

BABIES WERE BORN TO EAT!!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK MAMA!!
I love it
Old 10-19-2009, 05:46 PM   #23
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

wow i am ss what a horrible thing for her to do my first two kids were FF (dd after 1 month) and ds(after 6 months) and they are fine and healthy. Congrats on your ds and just enjoy this time when they are small.
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:43 PM   #24
Chey
Banned

My Mood:

I don't have much to say. It took me three tries to successfully breastfeed. My first, I didn't know any better and started supplementing, and it went down hill. My second. I didn't know any better and did not know how to deal with my letdown or the pain, and I gave formula. Now I have a 13 week old who is EBF and it has been the hardest thing I have ever had to do. 13 weeks in and I'm still digging my toes into the floor when he latches and I still cry when I let down. I SO badly want to throw in the towel, but this is my last baby and I just want to get it right.

I too felt like such a failure when I didn't breastfeed my oldest 2....because I wasn't willing to stick it out. I was totally defeated....by me.

Try not to be hard on yourself. Like I said, it took me three times before I got it right and 13 weeks in, it's till hard every_single_time.
Chey is offline   Reply With Quote