Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-13-2011, 09:14 AM   #1
lauren420
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Angry "So this is why I would NEVER cloth diaper..."

http://blogs.babble.com/babys-first-...cloth-diapers/

What do you think ladies...
Old 11-13-2011, 09:21 AM   #2
zandj
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: "So this is why I would NEVER cloth diaper..."

but the comments rule haha
Old 11-13-2011, 01:13 PM   #3
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Whatevs. Our babies butts are cuter than her baby's butt.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:36 PM   #4
BuggaBuggaBoutique
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAugust View Post
Whatevs. Our babies butts are cuter than her baby's butt.

Momma to 4 girls and one boy! Smoke Free, Pet Friendly Home!
BuggaBuggaBoutique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 09:22 AM   #5
dublinup
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The bottom line is that north American culture for the most part is LAZY and ENTITLED.
Old 11-13-2011, 03:22 PM   #6
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dublinup View Post
The bottom line is that north American culture for the most part is LAZY and ENTITLED.

boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:41 PM   #7
hokiebear
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boysniris View Post
EXACTLY!

She sounds like a really unpleasant person to be around. I love the comments, especially this one from Cloth Diaper Chicago:

"So did Pampers or Huggies pay you to write this? You should really disclose your sponsors.

I’m really glad you have so much disposable income. I work part-time and it would take me 10 hours a week to make the money I need to buy disposables (after you take out taxes and commuting and childcare costs). I don’t know about you, but I’d rather spend that time with my family. Instead, I do 2 extra loads of laundry a week (which equals about 1.5 hours per month, and I can “work from home”) and I get to keep my money. I guess pressing a couple of buttons is easier for some people.

The evidence about diaper rash from several research studies shows NO DIFFERENCE between the use of cloth or disposable, and in fact there was barely any incidence of diaper rash before the introduction of plastic diapers… so either you’re lying (see your sponsors about that) or you have the wrong information, in which case you should research before you publish a lie.

If you have boys, you need to start thinking about whether or not you want grandkids right now. Recent studies have shown that there may a connection between the use of disposable diapers and infertility in men. Think about it, if your husband sat in plastic diapers all day long, you better believe you’d have trouble getting pregnant.

As for me, I would prefer that my child’s waste is put WHERE IT BELONGS which is the sanitation system, not rotting away for the next 500 years in a dump. If you read the package of any disposable diaper company you will see that they suggest disposing of bowel movements into the toilet before throwing the diaper away. I’m really glad you seem to have no qualms about making the planet a lot more dirty for your great great great grandchildren… or maybe you’re not planning on having any (see infertility above)."

And no time? Please, I (and a few others on here) are CD'ing triplets. And we are expecting twins imminently which we will also be CD'ing. But then again, with 6 kids, 5 in diapers and no daytime help (dh works 7-7) you can just imagine my life of luxury and leisure....

And BTW I don't like chai lattes or housewives either.

She's rude and mainly, ignorant.
hokiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:56 PM   #8
ollie_mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Great response! I started cding to save money and now I'm horrified at all the toxins in disposables and wouldn't use them if they were free.
ollie_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 06:41 PM   #9
BuggaBuggaBoutique
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie_mama View Post
Great response! I started cding to save money and now I'm horrified at all the toxins in disposables and wouldn't use them if they were free.
THIS!!!!

Momma to 4 girls and one boy! Smoke Free, Pet Friendly Home!
BuggaBuggaBoutique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 05:04 PM   #10
angel0123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hokiebear

EXACTLY!

She sounds like a really unpleasant person to be around. I love the comments, especially this one from Cloth Diaper Chicago:

"So did Pampers or Huggies pay you to write this? You should really disclose your sponsors.

I’m really glad you have so much disposable income. I work part-time and it would take me 10 hours a week to make the money I need to buy disposables (after you take out taxes and commuting and childcare costs). I don’t know about you, but I’d rather spend that time with my family. Instead, I do 2 extra loads of laundry a week (which equals about 1.5 hours per month, and I can “work from home”) and I get to keep my money. I guess pressing a couple of buttons is easier for some people.

The evidence about diaper rash from several research studies shows NO DIFFERENCE between the use of cloth or disposable, and in fact there was barely any incidence of diaper rash before the introduction of plastic diapers… so either you’re lying (see your sponsors about that) or you have the wrong information, in which case you should research before you publish a lie.

If you have boys, you need to start thinking about whether or not you want grandkids right now. Recent studies have shown that there may a connection between the use of disposable diapers and infertility in men. Think about it, if your husband sat in plastic diapers all day long, you better believe you’d have trouble getting pregnant.

As for me, I would prefer that my child’s waste is put WHERE IT BELONGS which is the sanitation system, not rotting away for the next 500 years in a dump. If you read the package of any disposable diaper company you will see that they suggest disposing of bowel movements into the toilet before throwing the diaper away. I’m really glad you seem to have no qualms about making the planet a lot more dirty for your great great great grandchildren… or maybe you’re not planning on having any (see infertility above)."

And no time? Please, I (and a few others on here) are CD'ing triplets. And we are expecting twins imminently which we will also be CD'ing. But then again, with 6 kids, 5 in diapers and no daytime help (dh works 7-7) you can just imagine my life of luxury and leisure....

And BTW I don't like chai lattes or housewives either.

She's rude and mainly, ignorant.
Well written. My first thought was she was sponsered also.