Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-13-2011, 01:36 PM   #31
BuggaBuggaBoutique
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: "So this is why I would NEVER cloth diaper..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAugust View Post
Whatevs. Our babies butts are cuter than her baby's butt.

Advertisement

Momma to 4 girls and one boy! Smoke Free, Pet Friendly Home!
BuggaBuggaBoutique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:45 PM   #32
jennayoung99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE NOW FAMILY View Post
I would say don't get me going...but it already has....

Why this is full of #1) PEE & #2) POO

#1) AD for Pampers (you know, the company that offers 12 hours of "daytime" protection) at the top of the page
#2) This person may consider taking a Critical Thinking Class

I don't know one cding Family who saves their child's #1) pee & #2) poo...it's not like we stick it in a jar for safe keeping

#1) PEE IS STERILE! It's a good idea to do have done your research before making strong statements.

#2) POO...that poo, that Pampers claims to let their babies CARRY around with them for up to 12 hours....that POO that MOST cding Family's change every 1-2 hours & PUT in the TOILET into our SEWER systems.

#2) POO...that poo that GOES INTO THE LANDFILL IN DISPOSABLES & stays for who knows how long (researches can ONLY guess they break down in 200-500 years!)...

Wait....who is the one carrying around their children's POO as a momento? And not only for themselves, but for the entire world, the entire planet, and some water systems. And guess what? POO is NOT STERILE! So what happens when it DOES go into water systems? Now a DISEASE FILLED MOMENTO has been created for EVERYONE to share. Thanks.

#2) POO...did you know you're supposed to shake that POO into the toilet, EVEN if you are using disposables! Yes, check on my statements..you'll find it's a Health Violation to not do so...I'd rather shake off poo from cloth than a soggy wet plastic & paper diaper.

Ok.....now that the rant is out.

We understand needing a break. We understand convenience. Disposables should be about that. They SHOULD be used for people that are super busy..you know, that Mama who has NO WASHER and 5 kids under the age of 6. The Mama who needs a break, going on vacation, blah blah blah.

The problem exists in this becoming a crutch...a dependency..an addiction for laziness.

So thank you, thank you for sharing your child's #1) Pee & #2) Poo with the rest of the planet & people in the world....according to research, our Great Great Grandchildren will get to hold on to the momento of Disposable Diapers FULL of #1) PEE & #2) POO for generations to come.....

PS...if you're going to use disposables, please consider Nature BabyCare or Tushies..they are the ONLY 100% natural, NON GEL Filled, Biodegradable diapers out there...why would you even consider anything else when you have a great alternative? This is where one might ask "Was this rant sponsored by Pampers, it being the top pic on the page?"

i couldn't have said it better myself!!!
Old 11-13-2011, 01:59 PM   #33
mabelinoad
Registered Users
Formerly: Mabelino
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
1. bratty.
2. you don’t know a SINGLE mom who has time to do an extra load of laundry every other day? wow. i can’t really fathom that, i’m too busy sitting on my rear watching rhooc and drinking my lattes from the comfort of my couch all day. i’m so lazy, i can’t even think about you and your ULTRA busy life. how do you manage???!?!?!?!?!?!
3. for some of us, we actually need the cut in costs. maybe be glad you don’t?

i definitely don’t feel like i have the time to read your posts anymore. i am too busy picking my nose and lounging around without any responsibilities in the world.
that was one comment
Old 11-13-2011, 02:11 PM   #34
AutumnRose
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE NOW FAMILY View Post
I would say don't get me going...but it already has....

Why this is full of #1) PEE & #2) POO

#1) AD for Pampers (you know, the company that offers 12 hours of "daytime" protection) at the top of the page
#2) This person may consider taking a Critical Thinking Class

I don't know one cding Family who saves their child's #1) pee & #2) poo...it's not like we stick it in a jar for safe keeping

#1) PEE IS STERILE! It's a good idea to do have done your research before making strong statements.

#2) POO...that poo, that Pampers claims to let their babies CARRY around with them for up to 12 hours....that POO that MOST cding Family's change every 1-2 hours & PUT in the TOILET into our SEWER systems.

#2) POO...that poo that GOES INTO THE LANDFILL IN DISPOSABLES & stays for who knows how long (researches can ONLY guess they break down in 200-500 years!)...

Wait....who is the one carrying around their children's POO as a momento? And not only for themselves, but for the entire world, the entire planet, and some water systems. And guess what? POO is NOT STERILE! So what happens when it DOES go into water systems? Now a DISEASE FILLED MOMENTO has been created for EVERYONE to share. Thanks.

#2) POO...did you know you're supposed to shake that POO into the toilet, EVEN if you are using disposables! Yes, check on my statements..you'll find it's a Health Violation to not do so...I'd rather shake off poo from cloth than a soggy wet plastic & paper diaper.

Ok.....now that the rant is out.

We understand needing a break. We understand convenience. Disposables should be about that. They SHOULD be used for people that are super busy..you know, that Mama who has NO WASHER and 5 kids under the age of 6. The Mama who needs a break, going on vacation, blah blah blah.

The problem exists in this becoming a crutch...a dependency..an addiction for laziness.

So thank you, thank you for sharing your child's #1) Pee & #2) Poo with the rest of the planet & people in the world....according to research, our Great Great Grandchildren will get to hold on to the momento of Disposable Diapers FULL of #1) PEE & #2) POO for generations to come.....

PS...if you're going to use disposables, please consider Nature BabyCare or Tushies..they are the ONLY 100% natural, NON GEL Filled, Biodegradable diapers out there...why would you even consider anything else when you have a great alternative? This is where one might ask "Was this rant sponsored by Pampers, it being the top pic on the page?"

LOVES THIS COMMENT! Anything else said on my part would be redundant!

Last edited by AutumnRose; 11-13-2011 at 02:13 PM.
AutumnRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 02:16 PM   #35
EyeDocMommy
Registered Users
seller

Honestly this woman sounded uneducated and ignorant. I don't care if you use cloth or sposies, we all can make our own decisions. If you decide to put something out there about it, at least have your facts straight and be able to form educated thoughts and opinions.
EyeDocMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 02:27 PM   #36
Covergirl
Registered Users
seller

Babble articles are designed to add fire to any and all mommy wars. They are usually substance free but full of comment bait. I take them with a grain of salt.
Covergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 03:21 PM   #37
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think she sounds like an angry witch, defensive and uninformed. Of course she doesn't admire her daughter's diapers...sposies aren't really very cute ESPECIALLY compared to adorable print fitteds

Anyway, her post makes me think I need another cloth advocacy sticker for my Prius LOL!

boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 03:22 PM   #38
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dublinup View Post
The bottom line is that north American culture for the most part is LAZY and ENTITLED.

boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:36 PM   #39
CDingMamato2
Registered Users

More cloth for us!
CDingMamato2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:41 PM   #40
hokiebear
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boysniris View Post
EXACTLY!

She sounds like a really unpleasant person to be around. I love the comments, especially this one from Cloth Diaper Chicago:

"So did Pampers or Huggies pay you to write this? You should really disclose your sponsors.

I’m really glad you have so much disposable income. I work part-time and it would take me 10 hours a week to make the money I need to buy disposables (after you take out taxes and commuting and childcare costs). I don’t know about you, but I’d rather spend that time with my family. Instead, I do 2 extra loads of laundry a week (which equals about 1.5 hours per month, and I can “work from home”) and I get to keep my money. I guess pressing a couple of buttons is easier for some people.

The evidence about diaper rash from several research studies shows NO DIFFERENCE between the use of cloth or disposable, and in fact there was barely any incidence of diaper rash before the introduction of plastic diapers… so either you’re lying (see your sponsors about that) or you have the wrong information, in which case you should research before you publish a lie.

If you have boys, you need to start thinking about whether or not you want grandkids right now. Recent studies have shown that there may a connection between the use of disposable diapers and infertility in men. Think about it, if your husband sat in plastic diapers all day long, you better believe you’d have trouble getting pregnant.

As for me, I would prefer that my child’s waste is put WHERE IT BELONGS which is the sanitation system, not rotting away for the next 500 years in a dump. If you read the package of any disposable diaper company you will see that they suggest disposing of bowel movements into the toilet before throwing the diaper away. I’m really glad you seem to have no qualms about making the planet a lot more dirty for your great great great grandchildren… or maybe you’re not planning on having any (see infertility above)."

And no time? Please, I (and a few others on here) are CD'ing triplets. And we are expecting twins imminently which we will also be CD'ing. But then again, with 6 kids, 5 in diapers and no daytime help (dh works 7-7) you can just imagine my life of luxury and leisure....

And BTW I don't like chai lattes or housewives either.

She's rude and mainly, ignorant.
hokiebear is offline   Reply With Quote