Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-13-2011, 04:56 PM   #41
ollie_mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: "So this is why I would NEVER cloth diaper..."

Great response! I started cding to save money and now I'm horrified at all the toxins in disposables and wouldn't use them if they were free.

Advertisement

ollie_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 05:04 PM   #42
angel0123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hokiebear

EXACTLY!

She sounds like a really unpleasant person to be around. I love the comments, especially this one from Cloth Diaper Chicago:

"So did Pampers or Huggies pay you to write this? You should really disclose your sponsors.

I’m really glad you have so much disposable income. I work part-time and it would take me 10 hours a week to make the money I need to buy disposables (after you take out taxes and commuting and childcare costs). I don’t know about you, but I’d rather spend that time with my family. Instead, I do 2 extra loads of laundry a week (which equals about 1.5 hours per month, and I can “work from home”) and I get to keep my money. I guess pressing a couple of buttons is easier for some people.

The evidence about diaper rash from several research studies shows NO DIFFERENCE between the use of cloth or disposable, and in fact there was barely any incidence of diaper rash before the introduction of plastic diapers… so either you’re lying (see your sponsors about that) or you have the wrong information, in which case you should research before you publish a lie.

If you have boys, you need to start thinking about whether or not you want grandkids right now. Recent studies have shown that there may a connection between the use of disposable diapers and infertility in men. Think about it, if your husband sat in plastic diapers all day long, you better believe you’d have trouble getting pregnant.

As for me, I would prefer that my child’s waste is put WHERE IT BELONGS which is the sanitation system, not rotting away for the next 500 years in a dump. If you read the package of any disposable diaper company you will see that they suggest disposing of bowel movements into the toilet before throwing the diaper away. I’m really glad you seem to have no qualms about making the planet a lot more dirty for your great great great grandchildren… or maybe you’re not planning on having any (see infertility above)."

And no time? Please, I (and a few others on here) are CD'ing triplets. And we are expecting twins imminently which we will also be CD'ing. But then again, with 6 kids, 5 in diapers and no daytime help (dh works 7-7) you can just imagine my life of luxury and leisure....

And BTW I don't like chai lattes or housewives either.

She's rude and mainly, ignorant.
Well written. My first thought was she was sponsered also.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:41 PM   #43
BuggaBuggaBoutique
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokiebear View Post
EXACTLY!

She sounds like a really unpleasant person to be around. I love the comments, especially this one from Cloth Diaper Chicago:

"So did Pampers or Huggies pay you to write this? You should really disclose your sponsors.

I’m really glad you have so much disposable income. I work part-time and it would take me 10 hours a week to make the money I need to buy disposables (after you take out taxes and commuting and childcare costs). I don’t know about you, but I’d rather spend that time with my family. Instead, I do 2 extra loads of laundry a week (which equals about 1.5 hours per month, and I can “work from home”) and I get to keep my money. I guess pressing a couple of buttons is easier for some people.

The evidence about diaper rash from several research studies shows NO DIFFERENCE between the use of cloth or disposable, and in fact there was barely any incidence of diaper rash before the introduction of plastic diapers… so either you’re lying (see your sponsors about that) or you have the wrong information, in which case you should research before you publish a lie.

If you have boys, you need to start thinking about whether or not you want grandkids right now. Recent studies have shown that there may a connection between the use of disposable diapers and infertility in men. Think about it, if your husband sat in plastic diapers all day long, you better believe you’d have trouble getting pregnant.

As for me, I would prefer that my child’s waste is put WHERE IT BELONGS which is the sanitation system, not rotting away for the next 500 years in a dump. If you read the package of any disposable diaper company you will see that they suggest disposing of bowel movements into the toilet before throwing the diaper away. I’m really glad you seem to have no qualms about making the planet a lot more dirty for your great great great grandchildren… or maybe you’re not planning on having any (see infertility above)."

And no time? Please, I (and a few others on here) are CD'ing triplets. And we are expecting twins imminently which we will also be CD'ing. But then again, with 6 kids, 5 in diapers and no daytime help (dh works 7-7) you can just imagine my life of luxury and leisure....

And BTW I don't like chai lattes or housewives either.

She's rude and mainly, ignorant.
love that response!

Momma to 4 girls and one boy! Smoke Free, Pet Friendly Home!
BuggaBuggaBoutique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 06:41 PM   #44
BuggaBuggaBoutique
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boysniris View Post
I think she sounds like an angry witch, defensive and uninformed. Of course she doesn't admire her daughter's diapers...sposies aren't really very cute ESPECIALLY compared to adorable print fitteds

Anyway, her post makes me think I need another cloth advocacy sticker for my Prius LOL!

Man, I keep trying to find some for my van

Old 11-13-2011, 06:41 PM   #45
BuggaBuggaBoutique
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie_mama View Post
Great response! I started cding to save money and now I'm horrified at all the toxins in disposables and wouldn't use them if they were free.
THIS!!!!

Old 11-13-2011, 07:01 PM   #46
cjslater1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The whole thing was a little rude/annoying. but whatever. I think it bugs people that do cd when they feel like someone is saying you only cloth diaper because you don't have anything better to do and we disposable users are super mom trying to hold down a job and raise a family while you just sit around folding diapers all day. Everyone has a choice, but I don't care how easy something is, when I found out about all the chemicals I freaked, and immediatly went to cloth. It bugs me when you tell people how bad sposies are and they don't care.
Old 11-13-2011, 07:09 PM   #47
hiding57
Registered Users
seller

Annoying post.

I have to say though I've never seen a sposie package that said to put poop in the toilet. I've seen this said many times but I've never seen such a thing.
hiding57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 07:14 PM   #48
Scarlett's mommy
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiding57
Annoying post.

I have to say though I've never seen a sposie package that said to put poop in the toilet. I've seen this said many times but I've never seen such a thing.
I had a box that I was using for storage and it was in tiny print in the middle of the long paragraph. I think it should be printed really big on the package so people know because I had no idea.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using DS Forum
Old 11-13-2011, 07:14 PM   #49
cjslater1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Human nature says that she probably just had a friend or relative give her the third degree about sposies and she is really lashing out at that person through her blog, thus inciting cloth diaper users everywhere.
Old 11-13-2011, 07:14 PM   #50
novibean
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

honestly whenever I see a blog post like this and it garners a lot of attention on several forums that cater to cloth diapering usually a larger CD company swoops in and offers the blogger a stash of cds to try and then there is a later blog post from said blogger saying that cding isn't "so bad."

Its just to crap blogging whose sole purpose is to draw attention to themselves so they can feel like they're important. The lack of actual content to back up their opinion proves that.

At the end of the day people are going to do what they want (no matter how wrong others think what they're doing may be). But at the very least they should be more informed so they can make a more knowledgeable decision. And that blogger lacks a lot of knowledge on so many levels...

novibean is offline   Reply With Quote