Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-18-2012, 11:25 PM   #41
MothyrGrimm
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama*Kim
I wonder if I should be asked to be treated too. I mean, I change 90% of his diapers. I always wash my hands after, but you never know. Should I switch him to sposies for a bit and bleach all his diapers?
I would switch to sposies in case the meds might hurt them (purple side effect maybe like my previous post) or stain. I probably would bleach them just to be safe unless bleaching dipes worries you. A couple extra hot washes I think would suffice if so.

Advertisement

Old 12-18-2012, 11:31 PM   #42
Mama*Kim
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MothyrGrimm

I would switch to sposies in case the meds might hurt them (purple side effect maybe like my previous post) or stain. I probably would bleach them just to be safe unless bleaching dipes worries you. A couple extra hot washes I think would suffice if so.
Bleaching diapers doesn't worry me, I just don't do it on a regular basis.

Tomorrow is DS1's birthday and he gets to spend it taking DS2 to the doctor with me and discussing butt worms. Poor kid!
Mama*Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:38 PM   #43
tinytushi
Registered Users
seller

Re: Worms?!?!

The length of the worm sounds like a round worm to me. They are easy to get as worm eggs are air borne. Especially for little ones that play in dirt, sand boxes ect... Also families with pets are more likely to catch worms like this as I believe the animals can catch them from fleas.

Usually when one person has worms in a household the whole family is treated. It is recommended to wash all underwear, towels, change bed sheets, vaccuum, damp mop all tile/linoleum and disinfect bath tub daily for a few days after first dose of meds to make sure all worm eggs in the home are cleared up. And to do all the above again after the second dose. Stuffed animals should be washed and/or bagged up in plastic for several days to make sure they are egg free.

The only reason I make these suggestions is because I used to work for a Dr. and we had a lot of worm cases come in with children. This is how she ALWAYS recommended treatment to help prevent reinfestation. However, I worked for her a few years ago so protocol may have changed. I DID learn from her that EVERYONE (EWWWW) has worms in their body and it is a good thing. However, when we start seeing them in the Anus is when there is an overabundance. Kids are such small beings it is most usually them that will get the overabundance rather than an adult. Very seldom is there a reason for health concern. Hope this helps in some way.
tinytushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:39 PM   #44
isabelsmummy
Registered Users
seller

eeeewwwwww!!! I'd heard of pinworms but never thought of a real worm.
super gross!!!
isabelsmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:41 PM   #45
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashsmama View Post
I would be freaking out! I've never dealt with that.
I'm genuinely curious, could getting worms be a regional thing? I've read, on this forum, of other mom's whose children had worms but I've never even thought that could happen. Nobody I know has ever had worms. How do you get them?
Or maybe people just don't openly talk about it where I live, lol!

I hope you can figure out exactly what it is and how to treat it!

Did your son act uncomfortable in any way?
It is a pretty safe bet that everyone you know has worms of some type if they haven't ever treated for them.

I ran an herb shop for years and the stories, and things I saw, were pretty scary.

The guy that had itching ears was one story I'll never forget. He thought he had candida in his ears. One night he woke up out of a dead sleep with a horrible pain in his ear. A worm had decided to exit his body through his ear He brought it in for me to identify for him. Another lady had small parasites creating burrows up through the skin of her body.

I worm my kids at least twice a year. Even if we are seeing zero signs of parasitic activity.

This thread makes me want to go take a dose of black walnut and wormwood

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:42 PM   #46
essential1892
Registered Users
seller
seller

I am scared to go to sleep now because I know I am going to dream about worms coming out of my butt...
Old 12-18-2012, 11:52 PM   #47
earthflower
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by essential1892 View Post
I am scared to go to sleep now because I know I am going to dream about worms coming out of my butt...
earthflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:05 AM   #48
MothyrGrimm
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthflower

Laughing your.... butt... off...

Lol yes I am 10.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:14 AM   #49
misskira
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~happy2Bamommy~ View Post
It is a pretty safe bet that everyone you know has worms of some type if they haven't ever treated for them.

I ran an herb shop for years and the stories, and things I saw, were pretty scary.

The guy that had itching ears was one story I'll never forget. He thought he had candida in his ears. One night he woke up out of a dead sleep with a horrible pain in his ear. A worm had decided to exit his body through his ear He brought it in for me to identify for him. Another lady had small parasites creating burrows up through the skin of her body.

I worm my kids at least twice a year. Even if we are seeing zero signs of parasitic activity.

Care to share how you treat periodically? I think this is something I would like to add to the calendar.
misskira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:27 AM   #50
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~happy2Bamommy~

Double that for me too. I might be interested in this.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote