Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-22-2012, 07:46 PM   #1
Sweetbabybows
Registered Users
seller
seller

Please help. Harnessed seat up to 65lbs

My mil is wanting to get a car seat for her car and she's pushing for a high back booster because it's only $30. DD is only 3 and not ready for a booster, I mean she is still rear facing in my car so mil is lucky I'm going to let her ride ff. So I need to find a seat that'll go up to 65lbs harnessed but not super expensive. I'm not sure exactly how much she weighs now but I know too close to 40 for a scenera to be worth it.

Advertisement

Old 02-22-2012, 08:30 PM   #2
MunkyCrazy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Please help. Harnessed seat up to 65lbs

What is she riding in in your car? Maybe it would be possible to splurge on a nice combination seat like a Nautilus or Frontier 85 for MIL's car, and leave it there until she is ready to use it in your car and then use a high back booster in MILs?
Old 02-22-2012, 08:31 PM   #3
lanwenyi
Registered Users

My Mood:

Look at the Evenflo SecureKid 300 or 400 and the Graco Nautilus. I think the Evenflo's are around $120 and the Nauti is usually $150ish (less with sales). If you're okay with a 50lb seat, the Evenflo Maestro is a great choice and only costs about $80.

And. . . .Good for you on insisting that she stay safe. You're right, at 3.5 she is no where near ready for a hbb.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:04 PM   #4
Sweetbabybows
Registered Users
seller
seller

I just bought radians for my car so yeah I didn't just spend $250 to keep her harnessed to 80 lbs just so she could ride in a booster in mil car. Looks like right now my best option is a Maestro and I'll probably have to split the cost with her.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:42 PM   #5
brigala
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The Maestro only harnesses to 50 lbs, so it might not be the best value for a 3 year old who's nearing 40.

If Grandma's car has LATCH, I think I'd probably suggest the Evenflo Secure Kid 400. It has the Sure Latch feature which IMO is a great thing for grandparents, who (in my experience) usually won't take the time to get a seat tight. Sure Latch tightens itself, sort of. You just Latch it in, and then push push push on the seat and as you push the latch connectors ratchet in and self-tighten. For myself, I don't mind tightening a seat manually, but if I were going to pick something for my mom to install and uninstall, Sure Latch would be a HUGE selling point.

But if you really need to go low-budget, the Maestro will work for now.
brigala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 12:19 AM   #6
jenncatsmeow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Graco myride 65
Graco nautalus
Complete Air 65 (by Safety 1st)
5% off at My HyenaCart with code: DS Momma
jenncatsmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:27 AM   #7
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenncatsmeow
Graco myride 65
Graco nautalus
Complete Air 65 (by Safety 1st)
A convertible seat is a waste of seat and money since the seat won't be used RFing.

I'd probably go with a maestro if the funds are tight. It will last long enough for you to save up for a higher weight seat.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:19 AM   #8
shanree
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Walmart now carries the Safety 1st guide 65 sport for $78.00. I just got 3 of them a couple of weeks ago for my 6 year old triplets. It harnesses to 65 lbs, rear faces to 40 lbs (if you wanted to keep her rf for a little while in mil's car). It is no where near as nice as the nauti, but it would be a great seat for your mil's car.

Shanna. Sent via android
JESUS LOVING Wife to Les, Full-Time Mama to Naomi (17) Elijah (11) Ian (8) Jake/Xander/Rachel (7yr old triplets) Aiden (5) and Benjamin (2) ....Homebirthing, EBF, ERF, CD'ing, BW'ing, HS'ing, Co-Sleeping, No-Circ, No Vax, 3 natural VBAC Mama. & now I am a CPST!!!!
shanree is offline   Reply With Quote