Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-01-2015, 06:45 PM   #1
Belle
Registered Users
seller
seller

March 2015 Mamas - Feb Chat

I was trying to not make the title confusing this time, but I don't think I succeeded.

Anyway, some of us might welcome new babies this month, and a lot of us will get to hold our new squishes NEXT MONTH!

I feel like people are relieved to hear that I only have ~30 days to my due date if they ask.

Today, I just splurged and ordered this chair because it was on fabulous sale and I've always wanted a rocker recliner. Once it gets here, I will be good to go. Tuesday is my pre-admit interview at the hospital and Thursday is my 36(!!) week appointment. All good things.

How is everyone else doing?

Advertisement

Last edited by Belle; 02-01-2015 at 06:54 PM.
Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 07:17 PM   #2
Mamaleah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: March 2015 Mamas - Feb Chat

I only have 6 weeks left but it suddenly feels so far away! I am so excited for us to all be having our babies soon! I can't wait to hear all the birth stories and and praying that none of us have complications!

Cool chair! I have a glider/recliner that I got with DD and it is getting worn out but still usable. I really want to get a new one (I found on on CL) but I hate to get a new one knowing that I could just use the one we still have. It doesn't look like the one you got but it is wonderful. I don't know why they market baby rockers that don't recline...the recline while being able to rock still is the best thing in the world!

I had my baby shower yesterday. It was a lot of fun! about 4-5 who RSVPd yes didn't show up and a couple people had to cancel that morning due to being sick but there were still a lot of people there. We played some fun games and I think everyone had a good time. I got lots of cute clothes and lots of diapers....will be doing cloth, but want to do disposables 50% of the time while she is still little and then do them at night when she gets a little bigger and I can use my OS stash. My NB/Size 1 stash is too small to do cloth only.
Old 02-02-2015, 12:28 AM   #3
madelmom
Registered Users

I have 6 weeks to go as well still obsessively hoping she comes on her due date so we have a Pi baby <-- shameless nerd here lol!
My baby shower was yesterday as well! We got nearly all the big items we really needed which was awesome and I spent the whole day today nesting
Tomorrow I start training a new girl at work so I can start thinking about maternity leave soon!!
madelmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 08:08 AM   #4
bananasfoster
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Holy Snow! Woke up this morning to about 10 in, but it's completely clear and sunny, and blinding!
Belle, nice find on the chair! A comfy rocking chair is worth it's weight in gold. My mom gave me her wooden rocker when I had dd, and it has to be the most comfortable rocking chair I have ever put my butt in, which is crazy since it is also wood with no cushions.
My MW had to reschedule my visit last Friday, and I talked them into just waiting until next week when I'll be 36 wks anyway. Looking at the weather this week, I'm really glad I did, driving 45 minutes on state highway would not be fun, considering they hadn't even plowed our street out when we left for work this morning. So next week starts the every week check-ups, which makes the impending arrival of my son seem much more real. I feel like I've been pregnant forever at this point.

I still have so much to do both at work and at home! Unfortunately my shower is going to be about 10 days before my due date, so I won't know what we need to get for ourselves until the last second. I just keep telling myself that we'll have the immediate stuff already, and everything else can wait. Bassinet, nb cds, and nb jammies will get us through for at least a few weeks. We're slowly working through all the different things to take care of before/when I go into labor. DH and I work together and don't have any office staff, so unless something comes up I plan to work right up till I go into labor. If I go into labor at work while DD is in preschool things could get interesting. I'm really hoping the baby will be accommodating and decide to start things up in the evening or on the weekend. I can dream, right?

Chiropractor by day, Wife ,and Mommy to to DD (10/10) and DS 03/15
bananasfoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 04:47 PM   #5
madelmom
Registered Users

Hopefully baby isn't more than 9 days early! ;p
Old 02-03-2015, 10:22 AM   #6
bananasfoster
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No kidding! But my MIL is so forgetful that it's a miracle that there will be a shower at all, so I'm just counting my blessings there.

Chiropractor by day, Wife ,and Mommy to to DD (10/10) and DS 03/15
bananasfoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 11:09 AM   #7
Belle
Registered Users
seller
seller

Well, I'm not sure why it surprised me, but at the end of my appointment yesterday the doc said, "So see you next week, then."

I'm on weekly appointments. Even if I go to 41w again that means I'll only see him 4 more times before game day.

And I may have done some really unnecessary shopping at Gymbo after my appointment. Their current line of uni stuff was too cute to pass up, especially since it was on sale.
Old 02-06-2015, 11:23 AM   #8
Mamaleah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have one more 2 week appt and then I am on weekly. So I have 5 more appts scheduled out until 41 weeks. Crazy! I really want to go check out gymboree but DH and I are going to have a weekend alone this weekend and I think we will go to the outlet mall where we are going. I am planning on going while we are there and not having to drive 30 mins to the one nearest me. They have a really cute little outfit I hope they will have so I can see it in person. I am still looking for a 'coming home' outfit and I think what they have will be really cute. My mom got me another one that I found online and the Target near her sold in NB size, but when I saw it in person the color of pink wasn't what I was expecting. :/

I also feel like I am so behind on baby projects. I need to make her baby crib quilt and crochet what seems like a bunch of things, lol! Luckily, little baby hats don't take very much time at all. We will be driving 2+ hours to my dads house to drop off the kids this weekend so hopefully I can get a few hats finished. Then I may bring my fabric to cut for the blanket because we are taking advantage of my grandparents being gone in Arizona and are staying at their house, lol!! Free lodging....gotta love that! (they know we will be there). My grandma just has an awesome room and big cutting board, so if I have time I would love to take advantage of that!
Old 02-06-2015, 05:17 PM   #9
madelmom
Registered Users

haha Mamaleah- I am in the same dilemma! I have a baby blanket only halfway done, booties that need knitted, a second baby blanket only like 1/6th of the way done , diaper covers to knit, and two amazing skeins of Manos del Uruguay that are so pretty I can't decide on a pattern worthy enough for them (first world knitter problems I know). Plus I want to order fabric to make some bamboo terry flats and inserts... and I wanted to go buy some old flannel sheets or receiving blankets from goodwill and make wipes... Oh dear. I need more hands.
Old 02-06-2015, 07:43 PM   #10
I Dream of Cloth
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle View Post
And I may have done some really unnecessary shopping at Gymbo after my appointment. Their current line of uni stuff was too cute to pass up, especially since it was on sale.
That explains why I got a package in the mail from Gymboree with uni baby clothes the other day! My mom must have noticed the sale and bought a bunch of stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle View Post
Anyway, some of us might welcome new babies this month, and a lot of us will get to hold our new squishes NEXT MONTH!

Today, I just splurged and ordered this chair because it was on fabulous sale and I've always wanted a rocker recliner. Once it gets here, I will be good to go. Tuesday is my pre-admit interview at the hospital and Thursday is my 36(!!) week appointment. All good things.
I know, I cannot believe how close we are to baby time!
That chair looks insanely comfortable. Good choice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madelmom View Post
I have 6 weeks to go as well still obsessively hoping she comes on her due date so we have a Pi baby <-- shameless nerd here lol!
Better a PI baby than an Ides of March baby! (For you are math nerd, and I, a shakespeare nerd!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamaleah View Post
I had my baby shower yesterday. It was a lot of fun! about 4-5 who RSVPd yes didn't show up and a couple people had to cancel that morning due to being sick but there were still a lot of people there. We played some fun games and I think everyone had a good time. I got lots of cute clothes and lots of diapers....will be doing cloth, but want to do disposables 50% of the time while she is still little and then do them at night when she gets a little bigger and I can use my OS stash. My NB/Size 1 stash is too small to do cloth only.
I'm glad you had a good turnout in spite of the no-shows. I know what you mean about newborn diapers. It's hard to get a full stash because you need SO many. With my first 2 we just used a diaper service for about the first 3 months because it was easier to have someone else wash and there was just soooo many diapers. Oh my goodness those little babies can poo so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madelmom View Post
haha Mamaleah- I am in the same dilemma! I have a baby blanket only halfway done, booties that need knitted, a second baby blanket only like 1/6th of the way done , diaper covers to knit, and two amazing skeins of Manos del Uruguay that are so pretty I can't decide on a pattern worthy enough for them (first world knitter problems I know). Plus I want to order fabric to make some bamboo terry flats and inserts... and I wanted to go buy some old flannel sheets or receiving blankets from goodwill and make wipes... Oh dear. I need more hands.
I'd say do the wipes first because and save the rest of the knitting for an early labor activity...Can you knit & nurse at the same time? You can always finish the rest after baby arrives??

Mother to 5 girls : R (9yrs), H (7yrs), P (5yrs), V (2yrs), P (newborn), and a boy & girl in Heaven.
I Dream of Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote