Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-24-2017, 05:37 PM   #1
CharmedMama
Registered Users
Formerly: a*b*ss
seller
seller

Random bleeding?

For breastfeeding moms, I know that cycles can vary. As for me, I've always had my cycles return 6 to 8 weeks post-partum, and I continue to cycle as normal. I just had my sixth baby in February. I had my normal three-ish weeks of postpartum bleeding, then no more bleeding. Around 6 weeks, I had some brown spotting for a day. Then, around 10 weeks, I woke up and had two, bright red gushes of blood, followed by 2 days of brown spotting. Ever since then, I have totally random spotting, it can vary from five days to two weeks in between. I never require more than a panty liner. Sometimes, I'll notice some spotting when I go to the bathroom in the morning, then won't see anything else the rest of the day. Then a week or so later, same thing.

So, all of that to ask, have any of you had any experiences like this? It has me a bit concerned, since it is so frequently. I'm hoping to hear of others having the same experience and it being normal!

Just another note, I do tend to stay pretty crampy as well.

Advertisement

Old 07-07-2017, 07:25 PM   #2
nanamamma
Registered Users

Re: Random bleeding?

This happened to me quite a bit, and my midwife said it is perfectly normal. The intermittent bleeding completely stopped for me though around 12 weeks, and I haven't had any since (son is now 8 months). If it has you really concerned though, you should definitely put a call in.
nanamamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 03:51 AM   #3
margauxe
Registered Users

Re: Random bleeding?

My sister experience the same. She continued to bleed but breastfed normally. I think there is no problem with it.
margauxe is offline   Reply With Quote