Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2016, 06:15 PM   #1
mykidsaremyheart's Avatar
mykidsaremyheart
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,386
Just curious...how many

Clean Diapers and covers are you comfortable with on wash day? With #2-#4 I had a total of 15 AIOs in 2 different sizes and 6 Little Lions fitteds when #2 was a toddler. I was ok with running out, because I used sposies too. I washed daily & dried in the dryer & hung to finish drying over night. When #4 was a toddler & #5 was born I went all in without sposie backup. Now that I have #6, I'm not comfortable unless I have at least 9 clean diapers & 3 diaper covers. I also have 3-6 diapers & 3 covers in the diaper bag. Lol

What are you comfortable with?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement

__________________
My *blessings* came in '02, '06, '08, '11, '13, '16
mykidsaremyheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 06:11 AM   #2
abh5e8
Registered Users
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 733
Re: Just curious...how many

I like to have plenty, and would rather have less expensive diapers and avoid running out. I have 36 nB prefolds, and 24 os pockets. I usually wash every other day.
__________________
Lovin my dh and our 5 sweet blessings....dd1 (11), ds1 (9), ds2 (7), dd2 (4) and ds3 (1)
abh5e8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 01:06 PM   #3
mykidsaremyheart's Avatar
mykidsaremyheart
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,386
Re: Just curious...how many

Quote:
Originally Posted by abh5e8 View Post
I like to have plenty, and would rather have less expensive diapers and avoid running out. I have 36 nB prefolds, and 24 os pockets. I usually wash every other day.


I also have 36, but flats. I think I'd be too uncomfortable with any less for the nb phase. I'm afraid to run out.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
My *blessings* came in '02, '06, '08, '11, '13, '16
mykidsaremyheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 02:17 PM   #4
stevensmom's Avatar
stevensmom
Administrator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: a little place called Home
Posts: 54,033
My Mood:
Re: Just curious...how many

I'm comfortable with 4-6 as back up and one night time diaper
__________________
Erica , wife to Ben, momma to Steven11.06 Emily9.10 Matthew 8.13
Forever in my heart, always on my mind (3.09, 5.09, 12.11)
Swag with me! Bing it!
BabyBoyBlueBoutique
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 03:21 PM   #5
mykidsaremyheart's Avatar
mykidsaremyheart
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,386
Re: Just curious...how many

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom View Post
I'm comfortable with 4-6 as back up and one night time diaper


A part of me really wishes I could do this, but I think it may give me a panic attack. Hehe. That's awesome that you have it worked out comfortably.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
My *blessings* came in '02, '06, '08, '11, '13, '16
mykidsaremyheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 06:04 PM   #6
pickychicmom's Avatar
pickychicmom
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Northwest
Posts: 2,073
Re: Just curious...how many

Below is the stash for DS otw...it seems just right--I feel comfortable with the idea of using the stash for other needs--like burp cloths/nursing cover or pad/changing pad/misc clean-up as needed. Less wear and tear is a benefit I appreciate as I enjoy diapers in nice condition. I wash every other day. Would rather stock-up once than re-buy later with a small rotation + maintaining nice condition through diapering means a lovely stash of dish cloths & dust rags for years to come

PREFOLDS:10 orange edge, 18 S imagine ub, 18 M imagine ub, 6 sz 4 grovia bamboo, 6 L imagine ub
FLATS: 12 L DR bamboo, 12 OS GMD organic, 12 OS GMD Muslin
FITTEDS:6 sz0 kissas, 17 NB workhorse, 2 M sloomb OBF, 2 Snapless OS(may add a few snapless brown workhorse)
WOOL:1 disana 62-68, 1 aristocrats S, 2 disana 74-80(will add larger sizes once S is outgrown)
PUL:6 Duo sz1, 4 Capri sz1, 8 Flips(4 snap, 4 aplix), 4 thirsties duo sz2 snap(will likely add some capri OS once NB is outgrown)
WIPES: 84 GMD birdseye
__________________
WAHM--DD, 6 w/spina bifida & DS, due 7/16
GREENBODYDEO.com PETA certified cruelty-free & vegan natural deodorant. Reviewed as the 'Holy Grail' of natural deodorants by No More Dirty Looks!

Last edited by pickychicmom; 06-13-2016 at 06:21 PM.
pickychicmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 07:13 PM   #7
mykidsaremyheart's Avatar
mykidsaremyheart
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,386
Re: Just curious...how many

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickychicmom View Post
Below is the stash for DS otw...it seems just right--I feel comfortable with the idea of using the stash for other needs--like burp cloths/nursing cover or pad/changing pad/misc clean-up as needed. Less wear and tear is a benefit I appreciate as I enjoy diapers in nice condition. I wash every other day. Would rather stock-up once than re-buy later with a small rotation + maintaining nice condition through diapering means a lovely stash of dish cloths & dust rags for years to come

PREFOLDS:10 orange edge, 18 S imagine ub, 18 M imagine ub, 6 sz 4 grovia bamboo, 6 L imagine ub
FLATS: 12 L DR bamboo, 12 OS GMD organic, 12 OS GMD Muslin
FITTEDS:6 sz0 kissas, 17 NB workhorse, 2 M sloomb OBF, 2 Snapless OS(may add a few snapless brown workhorse)
WOOL:1 disana 62-68, 1 aristocrats S, 2 disana 74-80(will add larger sizes once S is outgrown)
PUL:6 Duo sz1, 4 Capri sz1, 8 Flips(4 snap, 4 aplix), 4 thirsties duo sz2 snap(will likely add some capri OS once NB is outgrown)
WIPES: 84 GMD birdseye


Nice assortment! I just found out my SIL still has prefolds & covers I gave her from my baby #5. She said cloth wasn't for her & didn't use them. I'm kinda excited now. Lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
My *blessings* came in '02, '06, '08, '11, '13, '16
mykidsaremyheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 08:52 PM   #8
pickychicmom's Avatar
pickychicmom
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Northwest
Posts: 2,073
Re: Just curious...how many

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsaremyheart View Post
Nice assortment! I just found out my SIL still has prefolds & covers I gave her from my baby #5. She said cloth wasn't for her & didn't use them. I'm kinda excited now. Lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



AWESOME!!! Excited for your stash updates
__________________
WAHM--DD, 6 w/spina bifida & DS, due 7/16
GREENBODYDEO.com PETA certified cruelty-free & vegan natural deodorant. Reviewed as the 'Holy Grail' of natural deodorants by No More Dirty Looks!
pickychicmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 02:51 PM   #9
holocene's Avatar
holocene
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cair Paravel, Narnia
Posts: 1,877
Re: Just curious...how many

I've always just had 24 for the one size stage. We often are down to just 2-3 diapers when realize I should was them. My wash/dry/fold & put away routine takes only 2 hours though, so I have never actually run out completely.

When our last baby was a nb we washed nightly to use our favourite dozen nb diapers exclusively.
holocene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 03:32 PM   #10
mykidsaremyheart's Avatar
mykidsaremyheart
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,386
Re: Just curious...how many

Quote:
Originally Posted by holocene View Post
I've always just had 24 for the one size stage. We often are down to just 2-3 diapers when realize I should was them. My wash/dry/fold & put away routine takes only 2 hours though, so I have never actually run out completely.

When our last baby was a nb we washed nightly to use our favourite dozen nb diapers exclusively.


I am running a wash right now, because I hit my comfortable 9 diaper tally. Lol! I wish I could comfortably hit 2-3! By the time I have diapers folded, I'm probably at 6.

I seen your stash. It's soooooo beautiful! I must admit it made me second (or third...or fourth) guess if I had to redo my stash!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
My *blessings* came in '02, '06, '08, '11, '13, '16
mykidsaremyheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2018 VIX-WomensForum LLC. All Rights Reserved.