Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-01-2010, 07:38 AM   #1
momma4of6
Registered Users
seller
seller

David just had his 7th birthday!! My blessing My Miracle My fighter-little David

HE IS 7 years old now!!

Turned 7 march 28th 2017

I am not sure if anyone on here will remember me, and little David. I haven't even been on here in the last 5, but I came across this post while I was looking up Davids old blog.
You guys, if anyone is left around, that with out your guys encouragment and prayers, and sending awesome thoughts I would have been alone in this journey.
A lot has happened in 7 years! David is doing awesome, and to think, the doctors didn't even want me to fight! So much love to those that supported us. I always think about this group when I think about Davids and my huge and scary adventure.

3-28..

HE IS ONE!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVID!!!!!

Thanks everyone, David and I charish you all, for your support last year!
And a pic from today!

An update--a year later (1-14-11)

WOW! Its almost been a year since I first posted on the answer machine forum, I cant believe it! And what a year it was!

I wanted to share. I still charish the suport I had here, as some days it was all the support I had....

My little boy is now 9.5 months old. We just had an apt. He is over 20 pounds now!!!!! woohoo!!! He is on track as far as he should be for his gestational age (6.5 months)

Can you believe those dr that first day. They wanted to incdice at 20 weeks....Little David is my reminder, nothing is certain, and anything this special is worth the fight!! Thank you for your support during that difficult time...

David and my expereience with him, changed my life....In SO many good ways!

HERE he is!

Blog for the lastest updates http://myblessingmymiraclemyfighterdavid.blogspot.com/

here he is now This was taken last week, just about the time he was supose to be born)

HE IS HOME!!!!! After 7 weeks in the nicu!

his first day

The cpap (it blows positive air in his lungs) he wears this all day

he cant be swaddled with blankets yet (has a blue light for light jundace) so they give him him tummy time)

and this was my best momment, they cleaned his face, and i was there, and saw how wonderful he looks...melts a mommas heart..he is like this for about 5 mins a day.

2nd

they are going to decrease the airflow tomorrowon his cpap and see how he does...he is doing amazingly well.

I know it takes a while to get milk established, but i am having my momments of discuragement. I got about 1 1/2 an oz at one nursing..whoo hoo, but about an 1/8 of a teaspon the next....but the milk just came in and i know it takes time, so i am trying to be patient.

I am doing alright physically, but still feeling run down, and did have a fever again last night, but now i am on my 2nd day of meds, so i should be feeling better tomorrow, the pain from the c-section is less, and i am getting around more, but still using the pain meds at the min hours.

I had a WONDERFUL visit today, but it was sooooooo hard to leave today, the hardest yet. I got to change his diaper agian, they took off his cpap to clean his mouth, face, and suction him, so i got to see and touch is WHOLE FACE, and i got an amazing picture...i will upload tonigth and try and post tomorrow...He is amzing...

I got to hold him again for about an hour....it was my longest visit at one sitting (2 hours) and i could have just sat there all day....

I am holding it together emotionally, but boy is it hard, and every so often i dont....this has been a long journey,but so so so worth the bed rest, i cant believe how long he help on, i am constantly feeling amazed and blessed. ah

and agian (and i can never say this enough) I got through this easier with your love, support, encouragement and prayers! I could never express how much your support has blessed my life!

april 1st

I am home!!! I did break down and cried when we pulled up at home, when it really sunk in that David wasnt with me, it helps that my 13 month old is so happy to see me that she wont even leave my sigth, she has even started
keeping pace with me, ans walking like me, side ways, backwards etc (which ever feels best for that momment.

I did have to take a trip to the er wed night, i was home about 2 hours when i got a fever, got up to 101.8, they gave me antibiotics through an iv, did lots of blood work, and when my fever broke (with in a few hours) they sent me home, with oral meds. They said i was soooo anemic that if i hadnt been use to being on bedrest i wouldnt even be able to walk around with how anemic my body was, but the way i was he was happy to see i still had energy. I am on lots of iron, and they expect everything to go well with me from here...My insission looks great, and i feel just sore, not really bad or anything.

The trip to the er was a pain no doubt, however going back to the hospital David had progreesed even more that when i stopped by before going home I GOT TO HOLD HIM, i mean skin to skin, him on me holding!!!!!!!!! He is off the venilator , and is on some "positive air" its called a c-pac (i think) just goes in the nose, and pushes air into the lung, keeping the lungs open, but he is breathing 100 percent on his own!!!!!!

Yesterday we went back and i got to hold him again, he heard my voice, and got excited, kicked his leggs, they picked him up to give him to me, and he started winning, but as soon as he was on me he sighed, and then didnt move the whole time, when they tool him back (AN HOUR LATER!!!!) he wasnt happy, wanted momma back...ahhh both a blessing for my heart, and a tear jerking momment.

When we got home my husband gave me the dreedful news, that we only had enough money left this pay check to go back to the hospital 1-2 more times over the next 7 days, oh that broke my heart in two, and i just broke down and cried, The thought of not seeing him was..sigh, you all know, SO i looked over ALL our resource, and found that if we put every little bit into this we can make it, That means i will be able to see him everyday this coming week!!!!!! That made my heart smile, but woa...

our next difficulty is going to be when hubby starts work back up on monday, he will be home, but cant leave til 5 since so we cant fit the trips into the day (its a 40 min drive one way) so the trips will be late, and short. I keep telling myself at least i can see him (and that makes my heart sore), and 3 weeks will pass soon, and then i can drive myself, and just camp out near him all day..

31st

My visit with David- I was looking at his head, so full of hair (thick-soft-black). I just wanted to feel the softness. My hand cover all his head, and half his face. He loved it. He curled his legs in, got very still, and it felt as tho he moved his head into my hand (maybe just scensed the touch), you could tell it gave him comfort and peace. That was the highlight of my evening. I will see him tomorrow, and then I will be heading home. Until I heal I will be able to spend a very limited time with him, but once I am cleared to drive I will spend the first half of the day at home, second half with him, so please pray for my heart. I am going to miss the time I don't see him.. (And that's a huge understatment)

His updates, he is on the venilator at 20 percent_ whoo hoo! Weaned off meds except low levels of one. He is beautiful, amazing, precious, and so wonderful, one glance fills your heart so full of love and joy that there's no room for anything else...

And, *yeah* I am producing 1/2 an oz (and climbing) every two hours of milk *and yippee*

30th

My visit was awesome, I got to touch him for 45 mins, got to see all of him....and GOT TO CHANGE HIS DIAPER, never in a million years would I think that would make me so happy, but relaying it to hubby, and typing it now is just bringing on the tears lol....
He is doing soooooo good, the dr said they are going to try and wean him off the venilator all together tonight- or tomorrow, and put in a less intervasive noise tubes ...they are taking tiny steps forward, and so far none backwards (but they do expect some backward steops here and there) he is off the nitro, and also is weaning off or mostly off the other meds they have him on (blood pressure, and a seditive)

I also GOT MILK (well colostrum) only about a teaspoon, but that's more then enough for his first feeding (that feeding won't be for a few more days anyway)

29th

David is making hourly improvements, he has moved from the heavy duty ventilator, to the normal ventilator, we still have a long road, but we have made it so far, and since yesterday alone he has made so many improvements
That we are all optimistic

I am starting to get around a little easier, so I am able to see David better, and able to touch him a lot more, he loves to have his legs squished up, and he does well with touch (although can get easily over stimulated) he opened his eyes for me....and I had a wonderful visit with him tonight...

march 28th David is here

This morning very soon after I woke up, I felt something weird come out....I knew what it was after about 10 seconds, I called the nurse, with in 5 seconds I had 3 nurses, my dr and a few others in my room....my wonderful nurse, acted quickly and pushed it back up (i learned later that David held the nurses finger from the time she stepped in to the time the surgeons hand reached in, she said it was a total and amazing blessing to her)...and until they started the c-section, that was her job (keeping it up) david did well, I was completly out, he was born with in 15 mins from start to finish...I woke up about 30 mins after....they did have to resesitate, but only one or two pumps (totally normal at this age) then he started trying to breath on his own (and I think we can all say, that's typically of David- little man fighter) he was doing poor at the begining, they did ALL the lung steps, and he wasn't doing great (you could tell the neo dr was conserned) well, about 7 hours after birth he was breathing 25 percent room air....and that's major, and terrific news!!!!! And ahuge turn around, and his dr is now happy (still no where near being out of the woods) he is 2 lb 15 oz, and yes big for his gest age (I think weight wise he is closer to 31 weeks) oh, and he is beautiful, absolutly beautiful....I have a pic on my phone, and should be able to tranfer it in the next few days (but do you want me to post a pic with tubes and such?)
Anyway, if I was at home he would not have survived with the cord that way, and my nurse was amazing...

I am doing well sore of course, but good...I tried pumping today and they say it might take a few days to come In, so we will keep pumping and wait patiently for it to come in ...he can't have any for the next few days anyway, and when he does it will be about a teaspon a day (he will be on a premie suppliment to try and fatten him up)

thanks for everything, I am happy to have been sharing this hard journey with you all, and I will continue to update you all

I am sitting here, on total bed rest, feeling totally blessed. I am 27 weeks (he has been holding on for 7 weeks!), and David is still growing The sun is shinning in my window (and this is oregon so thats a big deal lol). Theres a tree right out side my window that was still brown last week, the leaves today are green and beautiful. I have been told by 2 nurses that i have the best veiw of all the momma rooms one nurse said blossoms will be on this tree in just a few weeks, and she wants me here to see them. They are all so sweet here, and even though there are many patience here i feel like i am being watched after the most (in reality i i might be, as i am the only one on constant monitoring)

David still looks great, having braxton hix type of pains, nothing big, and he is handling them well, i am dilated to a 2, but have been that way for a few days, he is still butt down, but the nurses have strick orders to do an u-s when labor starts, and the dr admitts that they are all puzzled that with such low fluid he is able to turn so often, so maybe one more big turn will be instore.

I did have something weird happen today. I had started miscarring the twin at 5-6 weeks, u-s said it took a few weeks (well a bunch of weeks), but we thought he had been absorbed, that all started 20 weeks ago, wow, today the miscarriage of davids twin finally finished, (it wasnt much- just tiny looking tissue but it was jus the weirdest thing) This has been the weirdest pregnancy ever (well for me)

Anyway thats me, and my updates...I saw my kids on sunday, cuddled with most of them in my bed, and will see them tomorrow, i get daily pics, videos and texts from my hubby, of all them, it so nice he is doing it for me...Does make me want to reach through my phone and grab them

Thanks for sharing this journey with me

I did manage to get all testers done, and sent out on time So everyone should have their by now

I have no b-s-t currently, and will be on a b-s-t leave.

I am almost 27 weeks, and will be here for the duration of my pregnancy, I know a lot of you have been following me on this journey, and sending lots of loves, thoughts, love and prayers..so i will continue to update, with any big changes, but we are hoping baby stays put for another bunch of weeks.

There have been no changes since my last post, so baby is looking good, and his head is down, we are just taking it one day at a time

I now have internet at the hospital, and can hang out on ds...so ill see you all around

3-1

transactions

All testers have had a dc# sent to their email addy, and thats it for my transactions...They will be in the mail in the next few days...The kids and hubby helps me with this part..I will ofcourse not be doing anymore testers or b-s-t for a while now..But as i sit on bedrest, I have had so many good ideas for future items. Even starting making winter hats I am so glad i have something to do with my hands..helps with all the sit down time..Too bad I am on my last skien of yarn..

baby and me

Everything is the same....Sitting all day, and taking care of baby and me. He is still active in my tummy, and I am still having fliud issues...I forgot, at my last apt (last wed) there was a consern that the cord was under the baby, but it looks like it might be slipping in and out. We dont want it under the baby; the cord would be delieved first, and then would cut off blood flow to baby...The dr was weird, and didnt really answer my questions (but am i suprised- the neo ped dr was awesome tho) clearly even tho I asked a few times, and different ways. I am not sure if cord underneath would mean c-section, or it its just completly..I dont know the word to use. But its another consern.

I am 25 weeks today... wow has it been 5 weeks And we know we got a fighter here....Oh how i hope he holds on another month (wouldnt that be awesome)...but if we are throughing out hopes, wishes- and of course prayers...Lets reach for the stars, and say lets make it to term, and be a strong healthy little man

2-24- just baby update

todays apt;

24 weeks 2 days old.....1lb 14 oz estimated, highest pocket of fluid levels are 5cm, Steriods and antibodics given, on strict bedrest...thats the basics of the apt..too tired for any other updates

2-23 update

dryer ball testers that were scheduled to ship today are in the mail, and dc# has been emailed to you from pp.

knit food testers, still on schedule to ship next tues

no changes in either direction with me- baby, everything is day to day the same. My apts are tomorrow, late in the day. I will post thurs

2-18
transactions- so far so good, all that were supose to ship have shipped, all that will ship next tues are on schedule

me and baby

hanging in there, no changes, (might be good tho, no fever, no bad signs for me) but still having fliud issues, so bag is still open...feeling the baby move, NO CONTRACTIONS STILL baby is 23 weeks (and they said the baby would be born with in a week of the bag rupture...almost 3 weeks ago)...we see the neo ped next wed, as well as the perinatal ob for another full ultra sound.
My biggest concern is the babies lungs- not only due to being premature, but with the low levels of fliud the lungs cant mature even if baby did make it to to term (not likely), the lungs might be damage from the low levels of fluid now, Last ob apt the fluids were just at the lowest exceptable level for lung developement, but the week prior it was lower, and this week- is still to see..

My biggest fear is having the baby survive all this, then still having to say goodbye, because his lungs were so damaged at this stage...I still have hope, but worried

2-14

Since I know a lot of you are watching, and praying, I wanted to update (and thanks again)

I will start with transactions first-
All are still on schedule...I have been knitting like a mad women lol...

On to me and baby
I am really starting to *feel* all this..)-: and its so hard. The staying off my feet is soooo hard, but yes worth it! I am so bored...., sad and stir crazy dont really go well together. But I am holding on...
BUT- (BLEEDING STOPPED)!!! bleeding (had some very tiny bits prior) started yesterday, and the bag is still not re-seald. I am almost 23 weeks (i cant believe its been 2 weeks, and at the same time, I cant believe its only been two weeks)
I still have hope...but i cant imagine (esp now with the bleeding) that he is going to hold on much longer...

I will continue to keep updates going

Now on to my hubby---we werent going to do v-day...but he surprised me with really pretty flowers, and a big heart box of choclates today..what a sweety

2-11 update

For b-s-t-
I am caught up, and testers that are scheduled to ship next week are on their way to completion, as long as I am just at home on bed rest they will ship, but please be prepared for delays if things change around here. Thank you again for your patience, prayers, hugs,stories and encouragements. I have not respond to your post, but have read everyone. Thanks.

ABOUT ME AND BABY
Saw the high risk dr yesterday, The bag is still leaking, I am still on bedrest (with a very helpful and supportive family) I still have a high chance of infection, and a very low chance of baby surviving. However, even through the leaking bag, I have managed to hold in just enough fluids that it is still extremely low, but the high risk ob thinks it is *just* enough for the baby to continue to thrive. It also has impoved slightly, but agian still barely there.

I go again in 2 weeks for another ultra sound, high risk ob apt, and will also see the neo ped dr then.

Things still are scary, low chance, etc...But my little boy held on through the passing of his twin, and weeks, and weeks of bleeding, so I KNOW he is a fighter...

2-8 update

no real change for me, I see the high risk dr wed (i am having some contractions, and I know the bag hasnt seal, however still feeling the baby) I will update after wed apointment...I knitted like crazy this weekend (while resting of course) , so just about caught up on my items...thanks for your patiences, love and support, as well as kind words and encouragement!

Thanks for all your hugs, and prayers........

Still waiting around, and outcome still looks grim...But with all this *must lay down* and idle time, I am knitting...so as right now still on track for the mail dates listed on my tester threads....thanks everyone, this has been a tough week, and I know its going to get tougher...and your post have help

Back for another update. When back to the hospital last night with contractions, contractions stopped and I came home..Got more bad news outcomes. The next few weeks are going to be iffy but we are still looking at the ultimate outcome of losing the baby, so we are all preparing and dealing through that right now (with still the slightiest hope I guess) . I had so much idle time (at the hospital and home) and am on semi bedrest (even tho they dont think it will help they are suggesting it), so I am abe to get a lot of knitting done...I am actually really happy I have a group of things to do (with my knitting) because it keeps my mind busy...thanks for all your prayes, hugs and kind words..they have helped cary me

(evening update)
They sent me home, and anticipate labor to start soon...

Knitting will keep my mind busy while going through this, shipping will be delayed, but not too long. I should be home until the baby comes, and then i should be home right after. So I should be able to respond each day...If however I dont, please trust that you items will be sent, and that i am just unable to respond that day..

thanks for the prayers, hugs and support...Its been a rough day, but knowing I have cyber friends that care, and knowing i have something to keep my mind busy makes it easier

I am 20 weeks preg, and my water broke. This started as a twin preg and i lost the twin around 3 months ago...I will be going to the hospital, and will update asap..They dont expect the baby to stay, so i should be home quickly

For trade- your orders are made and will be shipped as soon as i get back home
For TESTERS- the ones that were to be shipped this week will be shipped as soon as possible
Resent TESTER- I bought all the supplies for the play food and wool balls this weekend. I have started making them as well. i will get these done and out as soon as i get home.

please dont worry about getting your products. YOU WILL it will just take a few more weeka, so please be patient

Advertisement

Last edited by momma4of6; 04-03-2017 at 08:19 PM.
momma4of6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 07:54 AM   #2
sUpermOm81
Do not B/T with. Contact ~happy2Bamommy~ if involved in a transaction.
seller

My Mood:
Re: if you have a b-s-t with me please read

Take your time with mine mama. Prayers to you!
Old 02-01-2010, 07:54 AM   #3
chickenmonkeybaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

mama. I will be thinking about you.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:04 AM   #4
Liz*RN*BSN
Registered Users
Formerly: liz4185
seller

My Mood:

Mama, i will keep you in my prayers.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:39 AM   #5
ckck
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh man, mama

An eye for an eye will only make the whole world blind.
― Mahatma Gandhi
ckck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 04:55 PM   #6
lauren420
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh no, you are in my thoughts and prayers Mama
Old 02-01-2010, 05:21 PM   #7
Cyn_Cyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Lots of Hugs and Prayers for you and your baby!!

Mama P's Goodies on facebook
Cyn_Cyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:00 AM   #8
jenvbear
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: if you have a b-s-t with me please read (updated)

Oh, no... prayers for you and your family. I'm so sorry sweetie.
jenvbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 01:34 AM   #9
Honeymommy3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Old 02-02-2010, 08:52 AM   #10
ParamedicMama
Registered Users
Formerly: Rachel**t
seller
seller

Mama, I don't know if you're in the hospital yet or still waiting, but I wanted to share a word of encouragement with you. 17 years ago, my beautiful little sister, Hannah, was born. My mother also went into labor on the first day of being 20 weeks along. The Dr.'s said that Hannah would be stillborn, and so refused to prepare a crash cart. Hannah was born and then began crying to the Dr.'s amazement. She was then rushed to the NICU where we were told she wouldn't survive an hour. Well, the hour turned into a day, a day into a week, and so on until Hannah came HOME on her due date, five months later. She is perfect to this day--a little asperger's syndrome, and a little muscle stiffness from CP.

I know that this is a very uncommon ending to such a story--11 months after Hannah was born, my brother Joshua was also born at 20 weeks and was stillborn. We've been through this both ways, and though neither is easy, I just wanted you to know if you haven't gone in yet that there is hope.

*HUGS*

Please feel free to contact me if you need any extra support!

Making an almost FT WAHM income--ASK ME if you want help doing the same!!!!
Life More Simply Blog
ideas, reviews, and giveaways to help you live life more simply in the real world!
October's Heart : my journey out of domestic violence
ParamedicMama is offline   Reply With Quote