View Poll Results: How often do you bathe your children?
7 or more times per week 25 15.92%
5-6 times per week 38 24.20%
3-4 times per week 56 35.67%
twice a week 28 17.83%
once a week 12 7.64%
less than once a week 6 3.82%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-12-2007, 08:06 AM   #41
eirbjorn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How often do you bathe your DC?

From newborn to about 6 months the kids only got baths a couple times a week, DS more than DD because DS would always get drool and spit up in his folds that I couldn't just "wipe off".
From about 6 months to about 4 years or so they got nightly baths to calm them and prepare them for bed. Now that they are older they are not as dependent on routine, so they get a bath at least every other day (though sometimes if we have special goings ons for more than one night in a row, we skip two nights). I would love for them to bathe daily, but right now things are too hectic to get it in every single night.
When my ex has them they only get two baths in a month. They get back to me stinking so bad that this last time the lady sitting next to DS on the plane complained. The smell was very offensive! That is considered unhealthy!

Advertisement

Old 06-12-2007, 08:12 AM   #42
Mommy2LivandNoah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DD wants to be in the shower with me if she's awake..so I put 3-4 times a week..sometimes more, sometimes less. My DS gets one 2 times a week usually..he doesn't get as dirty..
Old 06-12-2007, 08:35 AM   #43
Shannon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Usually every other night unless they played outside for a long time or did something particularly "dirty"

Marrying my wonderful Fiancee' Rodney on 6/26/20010
[/COLOR]Expecting to TTC in July 2010
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 08:41 AM   #44
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

I voted 5-6 times. It's usually every day, but if they're too tired and not that dirty...or if they fall asleep before bath time..then I don't worry about it. But also, if they're having a flare up (both have eczema) then it's less frequent.

I think it totally depends on the child...no one should judge how often is right unless it's your own When ds1 was a baby, he probably got a real bath every 7-10 days...he'd get wiped down in between baths. Ds2...whole different story! He was a STINKY baby. He had some crazy BO for an infant. He had to have a bath every day or you couldn't hold him (I'm exaggerating a little bit...I'd never NOT hold him because he was stinky :P).
Old 06-12-2007, 08:42 AM   #45
Shaineinok
Registered Users
seller

Every day. Mine play outside a lot.
Shaineinok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 08:54 AM   #46
mhibberd
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm not so wierd after all!!
I guess you could say I'm lazy. But my kids don't get terribly dirty either. DD feeds herself and can be messy, but as long as it doesn't get in here hair, I clean her up with a wet cloth and peel off the dirty clothes.

But with the summer and going outside more, it depends now. I think I am bathing them more now than during the winter. But we just don't get out much. our yard is dangerous and DD is too young. I get way to flustered worrying with her out there. DS can go out pretty much whenever he wants now. But he just isn't the roll in the mud type, lol. he hardly gets very dirty.
mhibberd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 08:58 AM   #47
Weezy6703
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I voted 5-6 times but occasionally it's 7 times and occasionally it's 3-4 times. It all depends on what's going on.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:10 AM   #48
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller

My Mood:

My boys are bathed EVERY day- they used to all jump in the tub together but most of the time now DS1 takes a shower. They get dirty playing outside most every day and I want them clean before putting on clean pj's and getting into a clean bed. They all love to play in the tub and we can get them clean super quick when we need to. It is part of our evening routine.
I have always bathed babies every day- I felt like if I had to sit in a diaper all day- where I pooped and peed then I would want to be washed really well.
LA RN and Mom to J '00, S '03, P '05 (CLW at 37 months), G '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & M '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT
4boys1girlforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 09:20 AM   #49
tlj
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have municipal water and the chlorine just wreeks havoc on their little bodies if they bathe too often. (kills all their good--keep them well--bacteria)

Lately, with a sandbox and helping in the garden, the kids have been taking quick showers at night before they put their dirty bodies in our clean bed! But usually, they take a leisurely bath once a week.

Momma to RT (10/01) AG (07/03) DA (01/06) and AL (06/08).

Nearly done with dipes...so sad.
tlj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 10:10 AM   #50
Dena
Registered Users

My Mood:

All 3 get washed every other day, more so in the summer when needed. They are 7, 4 & 2 and it has always been this way.