Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-01-2010, 09:59 AM   #21
foxynursejo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: "Do you have a cover?"

ugh i would be livid!

Advertisement

I've donated 1,000 oz of mamas milk!

Babie's are weaned (32 months!), potty trained and I'm not BWing much anymore, but I still occasionally hang around here.
foxynursejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 12:38 PM   #22
jessicalev8
Registered Users
seller

If I were to BF in public I would use a cover but thats my personal preference, its not that I'm doing it for anyone else I just like to be covered. However, if I forgot the cover and he was hungry I wouldnt make him wait and if someone made a stupid comment I know DH would go completely crazy on them lol. He is very pro-bf'ing.

I have seen women walking around in regular tank tops with their boobs FALLING OUT the top and no one complains about that.... its a little ridiculous!
Old 06-01-2010, 01:41 PM   #23
sweetietooth
I *heart* fresh fluff.
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragondance View Post
And on the OP, at least she went back to her meal & didn't demand you cover up now or complain to the manager. That wasn't too bad, as far as NIP issues go, lol.
Oh I know! I can't even imagine if it would have escalated. I was dumbfounded as it was
Old 06-01-2010, 02:40 PM   #24
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetietooth View Post
We went out to eat at a very family-friendly salad bar tonight and I received my first breast feeding in public comment. A women across from us (only kind-of across from us... walkway between us, her chair was facing a different direction than mine) asked me, "Do you have a cover?"

At first, I couldn't hear her because, er, she wasn't that close and like I said, family-friendly place, not super quiet. Plus, I was sitting with my two boys, a friend and DH, and I was on the far side of the table. Discretely nursing my baby.

I gave her a blank stare and said, "No."
Her: "Didn't someone give you a cover?"
Me: "No. I'm not going to cover his face."

She returns to her table, and chair that's not even facing in my direction, and proceeds to finish her meal reading the newspaper.

Really? My BFing my six-week-old without *any* exposed flesh disturbed her that much that she had to say something? Really? I mean, come on! There were other women wearing tank tops with more on display than me!!

I am flabbergasted that this exchange actually took place. DH and I watched ABC's "What Would You Do?" on public breast feeding and have been joking about it lately. Because it seems so ludicrous to us. We must have willed it to happen to us!

Anyway, just had to share. I am still in disbelief. I keep replaying the scene in my head and can't fall asleep - there are so many other things I'd like to say... Shoot.
I had pretty much the exact same experience- I looked down and said, "what, am I showing anything?" No, I wasn't. THen I said, "well I don't see anyone putting a blanket over a baby when they give him a bottle."

Unfortunately this was a "friend" of mine and I have to breastfeed around her quite a bit, so it makes things a little uncomfortable between us. I was surprised that she was so close-minded about NIP
Old 06-01-2010, 07:19 PM   #25
kai_e
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

No one has said anything directly to me but at our town's memorial parade yesterday I was nursing DS2 in my Ergo and an older lady walking by elbowed her friend and made a comment.

In an Ergo, the only reason you can even tell I am nursing is because my right boob is about half a cup size bigger than the left - I am an E cup - and I have to lift it up for DS.

I'm not phased. I EP'd with DS1 b/c we had tons of nursing issues in the beginning and since I am able to successfully nurse this time I will be darned if I don't feed him whenever/wherever.
kai_e is offline   Reply With Quote