Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-28-2011, 08:26 AM   #21
mpfanny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pregnant w/ #4 while nursing #3 (4months old)

What about donor milk in an SNS?

Advertisement

mpfanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 03:38 PM   #22
mandymatus
Registered Users

My Mood:

i'm going through the same thing....i'm 6 weeks pregnant with a 5 month old... that will make her about 8.5 months old (if what you all is saying is true about the milk drying up around 20 weeks) praying it will go longer, but i guess there is nothing you can do if it stops....how long is the milk good for though? i thought you shouldn't pump too far in advance because the milk you have for say a 5 month old really is nutitionally sound for a 10 month old for example. i really don't want to use formula, but what else can you do???? like you all i can find info is for older babies who don't rely on the nutrition of the milk like a baby under 1......help?
Old 01-29-2011, 03:47 PM   #23
wellsmommy
Registered Users
seller

More Milk Two, oatmeal and lactation cookies. My best friends mom is a lactation consultant and these are all the things she would suggest to you. I'm struggling with my supply, my LO is almost 11 months old and I'm almost 22 weeks pregnant. Good luck!
wellsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 07:16 PM   #24
melliepie
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfanny View Post
What about donor milk in an SNS?
Old 01-29-2011, 10:22 PM   #25
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirthdayMama View Post
This is exactly my question. I've been scouring the internet for a couple hours trying to find out what to do for my 8 mo, but after my BFP yesterday, at least I figured out where my milk suddenly went! All the information I can find is about what to do with a nursing toddler, but my LO is still dependent on the milk I suddenly don't have anymore. I didn't want to go with formula, but it's looking like that may just be a reality for a little while. I'll try the oatmeal, though. That helps.
If I were in that situation I would go with a home-made formula made with local raw cows milk before I resorted to formula made from dead ingredients. There is a recipe on The healthy home economist blog that looked far superior to commercial formula to me.