Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-16-2009, 08:55 AM   #21
veveland
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I'm SO upset! Updated and in tears

Call a lactation consultant. I have known moms who had lost their supplies too and there are ways to bring it back. Check your local hospital or LLL. Hang in there-if you are committed to getting it back, then you can do it!

Advertisement

veveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:27 AM   #22
naura
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

/hugs!
naura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 05:05 PM   #23
janabanana
Registered Users
seller

I can totally sympathize! I had to wean early because DD was reacting to food in my milk and I couldn't figure out what she was reacting to. I had eliminated everything (dairy, soy, nuts, etc etc) and was wasting away trying to figure it out. It it so hard to deal with all the feelings that come when you were planning to BF for the long haul and you suddenly have to quit against your will. I remember being so angry at people who complained about being tired of BF. I wish! I still cried 3 years later when I could finally open up to my mom about how hard it really was. Anyway, I wanted to offer you my adiri bottles if they would help. We're done with them. They are stage 3, so they may be too big for him, but it's all I have. I will send them FFS. I have three plus extra lids, caps, valves and warming caps. I was getting on here to list them for sale, but after reading your post I had to offer them to you! LMK if you're interested.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:47 PM   #24
knlrachel
Registered Users
seller

I am so sorry for you! I would be crying like crazy too! I second the idea to contact LL. They are awesome with situations like this. They have ideas for how to start lactating to nurse an adopted baby even, so they can do wonders. Have you looked into a SNS (supplemental nursing system)? You could give him the formula at the same time as he is nursing - thereby increasing your supply. It can be an effective way to re-introduce the breast. Just a thought. HUGS!!!
Old 09-18-2009, 10:17 PM   #25
kelleysunshine
Registered Users

My Mood:

Try drinking some mothers milk tea and take some Brewers yeast tablets. Could you enlist your hubby to help express some milk? Even if its just suck and dump itd be better than nothing. I see you have twins that are still young, could they help???
kelleysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote