Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-17-2011, 03:51 PM   #1
aumismommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
How often does your TODDLER nurse?

Just wondering, whatever amount they nurse is what's right for them I'm just curious

My 16 month DS is currently nursing 5-7 times in a 24 hour period. We co-sleep after the first stretch of night sleep (so dh and I have a few hours alone in our bed and DS sleeps longer in that first stretch in his own bed) so he still nurses during the night.

Sometimes he'll go thru a phase of only nursing a few times and I'll think he's ready to stop nursing on his own, and then that phase is followed by a nursing like an infant phase

Advertisement

ISO: Ring Sling WC, Soft Star Shoes (brand) shoes size 8/9 (toddler) or infant
aumismommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:29 PM   #2
Janet4
Registered Users
seller

Re: How often does your TODDLER nurse?

My 25 mo old dd nurses 3xs per day. 1st thing in the morning, after lunch, & before bed.
Janet4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:33 PM   #3
VeganCupcake
Registered Users
seller
seller

My 3 year old nurses 3 times a day--first thing in the morning, before nap, and before bed.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:41 PM   #4
L&A'smommy
Registered Users
Formerly: laylaeomommy
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by aumismommy View Post
Just wondering, whatever amount they nurse is what's right for them I'm just curious

My 16 month DS is currently nursing 5-7 times in a 24 hour period. We co-sleep after the first stretch of night sleep (so dh and I have a few hours alone in our bed and DS sleeps longer in that first stretch in his own bed) so he still nurses during the night.

Sometimes he'll go thru a phase of only nursing a few times and I'll think he's ready to stop nursing on his own, and then that phase is followed by a nursing like an infant phase
My 16 month old is exactly the same, except we bed share. We are currently in the infant stage again.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:45 PM   #5
emilykaysmommy
Registered Users
seller

My ~14 month old usually nurses about 3 times a day.. In the morning before I go up work, when I get home and before bed. Sometimes during the night 1-2 times. When he is sick he nurses every couple hours all day and night.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:49 PM   #6
jamieism
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
My 18mo is the same, OP. She nurses in the am, as soon ad I pick her up after dc - whenever that is (usually 3pm) and several more times before bed, then she sleeps a stretch in her own bed until she wakes up and moves in with me. Dh has taken to sleeping on the floor, but actually I think he likes the floor. He only ever sleeps in the bed to be with me
Old 11-17-2011, 07:36 PM   #7
Connor
Registered Users
seller

My DS is 25 months and nurses about 10 times in a 24hr period
I nurse whenever he asks for mimi. Sometimes I offer if I think he needs it. It's such a great tool to have

Last edited by Connor; 11-17-2011 at 07:37 PM.
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:38 PM   #8
aumismommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yay! I love hearing this! And just love hearing about other toddlers nursing in general! Awesome!

ISO: Ring Sling WC, Soft Star Shoes (brand) shoes size 8/9 (toddler) or infant
aumismommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 12:03 AM   #9
mrosehughes
Registered Users
seller

DS (just turned 2) nurses twice a day: before bed and when we wake up (I just cut out the after-daycare session to get us home sooner). On weekends he usually also muses before nap. He sometimes wakes in the middle of thenight and asks, and the past few times I've said no and DH rocks him; we'll see if I can keep up the resistance bc I am so tired of night-nursing.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:13 AM   #10
CEVmommy
Registered Users
seller

Both of mine nursed 5+ times per day until around 2 years old, but were down to 2x per day by 2.5 years old.