Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-08-2012, 11:18 PM   #21
KB'sMama1031
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Wow mama, I'm glad you stood your ground, I've never had such a problem, the only time I've been offered a room is so I would be more comfortable sitting in a chair rather than nursing at the table lol But I have totally nip before and no one even notices! Your pic is awesome, so glad you can share it here with people who respect it!

Advertisement

Old 02-09-2012, 09:31 AM   #22
hohaas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
It's stupid and crazy how many people think BFing is gross. I nursed DD1 to 5 mos and DD3 to 13 mos. I've never gotten a neg comment about it from anyone or about BIP. They would've gotten an earful if they had!
Old 02-09-2012, 11:26 AM   #23
MamaJax2010
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I honestly get more negative comments from family than strangers out and about.

Way to go for nursing twins! What a great start for them! I can't imagine how hard that was at times!
Old 02-09-2012, 02:39 PM   #24
b bright
Registered Users
seller

Thanks everyone! It was really hard! Not so much because they were twins, but because i have huge boobies and inverted (or maybe just "shy") nipples and I had to use nipple shields. The shield was so big it took up their whole tiny mouth! (they were only 5 or 6 pounds in this pic) and every time one would move his head around it would rip the shield off (ouch!!). Then I would get that situated and the other would start moving around and rip his shield off! Lol. Finally after we got everyone situated my boobs would let down like someone opened flood gates. It was horrible. The shields would fill up with milk and the boys were struggling to drink it. Half of it ended up running down my belly. LOL. And we finally got bf'ing down and we all got thrush (around 6 or 7 weeks old). We tried getting rid of it, and even had some of that all purpose nipple ointment that has anti fungal, steroids, etc in it. It wasn't helping and it just got so bad I would break down and cry when it was feeding time. So I started supplementing with formula more than I was supposed to (they were on a high cal formula for being so small) and I just quit. My LC was out of town so I had no one to really talk me out of it. I went through a funk afterward for giving up, and wanted to nurse again, but by that time it was all gone and I didn't have the time to try and re establish a supply. Lol. So this baby is going to be my redemption baby! I'm in it for the long haul! I know I can do it and I don't have any reservations anymore about nip (was shy and embarrassed last time) so I'm going all out, woot* lol.

Phew...that turned into a long ramble...lol.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:01 PM   #25
qsefthuko
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Breastfeeding pictures REALLY stir up emotion...

People won't adjust or change until someone speaks up. Way to go. You make it easier for the next mama.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote