Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-27-2012, 07:46 AM   #421
amcess721
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: KAL ~ April 22-28 ~ Sunshine

I'm off to my eye doctor's appt for Lasik consult... hubby is going with and I'm assuming on the way home/at lunch we'll have the TTC #3 discussion. Making the decision has kinda been on hold to see what this appointment brings about. Here's the options I see:
1) Not a good surgery candidate. TTC asap!
2) Good surgery candidate. Have surgery in May. TTC June/July.
3) Surgery is a non issue and we decided not to TTC.
Hoping and praying for option 2!!!
It's a 1 hour car trip each way... hubs is driving and I'm taking my knitting. I didn't get to do any in the past week and a half so I'm itching to get back to it for a bit!

Advertisement

Do you Swag? I do! Click here to join swagbucks! Earn points. Get free stuff!

Last edited by amcess721; 04-27-2012 at 07:50 AM.
amcess721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:58 AM   #422
LadybugMonkey
Registered Users
Formerly: Confused mum
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by amcess721
I'm off to my eye doctor's appt for Lasik consult... hubby is going with and I'm assuming on the way home/at lunch we'll have the TTC #3 discussion. Making the decision has kinda been on hold to see what this appointment brings about. Here's the options I see:
1) Not a good surgery candidate. TTC asap!
2) Good surgery candidate. Have surgery in May. TTC June/July.
3) Surgery is a non issue and we decided not to TTC.
Hoping and praying for option 2!!!
It's a 1 hour car trip each way... hubs is driving and I'm taking my knitting. I didn't get to do any in the past week and a half so I'm itching to get back to it for a bit!
I hope it goes well. I wish I was a candidate. They just laughed at me when I went for a consult.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:41 AM   #423
qtytot
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Andrea, hope everything turns out well.

Christine, Im curious why did they laugh? DH and I are actually considering it. Dh said, I go first and jokingly say he want to see first if mine turns out well. The only time Ive been hospitalized was when I gave birth. It was the first time I had an IV inserted. I was more scared of the IV than giving birth. In my mind giving birth is natural but the IV isnt so the thought of having lasik is scary but I also want the convenience of not wearing glasses or contacts anymore. I used to wear contacts everyday when I was working. Now that I stay home I only wear it maybe once a week.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:18 AM   #424
LadybugMonkey
Registered Users
Formerly: Confused mum
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtytot
Andrea, hope everything turns out well.

Christine, Im curious why did they laugh? DH and I are actually considering it. Dh said, I go first and jokingly say he want to see first if mine turns out well. The only time Ive been hospitalized was when I gave birth. It was the first time I had an IV inserted. I was more scared of the IV than giving birth. In my mind giving birth is natural but the IV isnt so the thought of having lasik is scary but I also want the convenience of not wearing glasses or contacts anymore. I used to wear contacts everyday when I was working. Now that I stay home I only wear it maybe once a week.
I had eye surgery for retinal detachment in my early twenties. During the surgery they touched the lens so I was left with cataracts. I will end up with lens replacement surgery probably in the next 5-10 years. Ado they won't touch me with a 10 fit pole for lasik.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:25 AM   #425
qtytot
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Im sorry. Cataracts is common in my family. My maternal grandmother and 2 aunts have had surgery because of cataracts.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:55 AM   #426
stevensmom
Administrator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
I can't have LASIK because my eyes are still changing. They also won't let you have it done here unless you are completely done having kids as your eyes change during pregnancy.

Also the idea of a knife up to my eye ummm no thanks.

**I do know how to spell...my iPod on the other hand does not**
BabyBoyBlueBoutique
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:02 AM   #427
bumminbeachbabe
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom
I can't have LASIK because my eyes are still changing. They also won't let you have it done here unless you are completely done having kids as your eyes change during pregnancy.

Also the idea of a knife up to my eye ummm no thanks.

This is what I was told too.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:25 AM   #428
mysticmomma1879
Registered Users
seller
seller

Last night stunk. I have been having terrible insomnia lately so took some advil pm around 10. Af should be right around the corner. I start to feel sick around 1130 and by 1230 I am up and down puking every 20 mins or so. My 2 yo dd starts gagging in her sleep next to me around 330 so I call dh over and he helps her. Then about 630 my 7 yo dd starts puking over the side of her bunk bed. Dd2 still nurses so her vomit is milky, but dd1 and I are puking BLUE bile. First it was dinner, then yellow bile, now its BLUE... wtf?
mysticmomma1879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:48 AM   #429
stevensmom
Administrator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticmomma1879
Last night stunk. I have been having terrible insomnia lately so took some advil pm around 10. Af should be right around the corner. I start to feel sick around 1130 and by 1230 I am up and down puking every 20 mins or so. My 2 yo dd starts gagging in her sleep next to me around 330 so I call dh over and he helps her. Then about 630 my 7 yo dd starts puking over the side of her bunk bed. Dd2 still nurses so her vomit is milky, but dd1 and I are puking BLUE bile. First it was dinner, then yellow bile, now its BLUE... wtf?
it could be a number of things from food coloring to chemicals.

They use many blue food coloring to get green and red colored food items.

BabyBoyBlueBoutique
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:58 AM   #430
Reuben Christopher
Registered Users
Formerly: unbreakableangel
seller

My Mood:

Morning. Just had a protein bar for breakfast and I am hoping to plow through some knitting today. They kids aren't feeling nearly as bad as yesterday (from the shots) so maybe today won't be so bad. Made pizza for dinner and it was the first time I have made a crust from scratch. It was easy and pretty good too.

I need to keep a to do list again. I am starting to forget to do stuff and it's getting on my nerves. It's a beautiful day out. I miss back home. A day like today I would take an apple and some water and go walking in the fields and woods for a few hours and just chill. Probably take my camera and get some nature pics. Can't do that in a city/suburb.
Reuben Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote