Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-22-2010, 06:21 PM   #11
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I need a 1 time milk donor in DFW, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmomma View Post
That's great that you are in contact with a LC and they are willing to help you. My baby is a very slow gainer and I have done everything under the sun to try and improve her weight gain. Her neurologist said that as long as her head growth is good (which it is), then not to worry she will probably just be small by nature. So, I stopped worrying. I put down the pump, bottle and fortifier and started nursing my baby. She eats what she wants and I can't force her to eat any more. I'm sure it will all work out! Hugs and keep us updated!
Thanks for sharing that!

The LC is loaning me her scale for just $5 a day. I'm so greatful!

God bless!

Advertisement

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 06:28 PM   #12
vmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle_M View Post
Thanks for sharing that!

The LC is loaning me her scale for just $5 a day. I'm so greatful!

God bless!
That's an awesome deal! We have a scale, but it's not that accurate. Although I have been known to weigh dd more than I should
Old 04-23-2010, 11:07 PM   #13
sandy_dandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am too far (Houston), but good luck!

Hi! I'm Sandy, Rob's wife (7/06) & mommy to Eddie (9/09) and Katelyn (9/12).
Let me convert your bras to nursing bras! WAHM store open now! IHA/ISO
Independent Scentsy Family Consultant - love owning my own business!
sandy_dandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:12 PM   #14
momof3girls85
Registered Users
seller

Can you ship breastmilk on dry ice? I have a ton stored but she wont take a bottle!
momof3girls85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 01:58 AM   #15
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof3girls85 View Post
Can you ship breastmilk on dry ice? I have a ton stored but she wont take a bottle!
I'm back to BFing. I rented a scale from a wonderful LC, and I'll spend Saturday and Sunday weighing Levi before and after feedings. So everyone involved will be happy.. Levi happy, pediatrician happy, my breats happy. LOL

I REALLY REALLY appreciate the offer, and had i not gotten this scale I would have taken you up on it!!!! Thank you for your kindness.

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Old 04-24-2010, 08:08 AM   #16
marlabee
Registered Users

FWIW, the pediatrician can tell you what s/he wants you to do all day long, but in the end, you're the mama and you don't have to do it. I mean, perhaps you'd want to listen to a ped who said "Your kid is very ill, give him this medication to make him less ill." But in a case like this, I think that getting a second opinion, talking to a lactation consultant, and questioning are the way to go (as you are doing). Good luck!!!!
Old 04-26-2010, 01:47 AM   #17
hopetc
Registered Users
seller
seller

I could never pump more than 2-3 oz either. My guess is I did not pump much adn that's prob what he ate at a sitting?
hopetc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 02:45 AM   #18
MangoMommy
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlabee View Post
FWIW, the pediatrician can tell you what s/he wants you to do all day long, but in the end, you're the mama and you don't have to do it. I mean, perhaps you'd want to listen to a ped who said "Your kid is very ill, give him this medication to make him less ill." But in a case like this, I think that getting a second opinion, talking to a lactation consultant, and questioning are the way to go (as you are doing). Good luck!!!!
Ditto.
MangoMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:29 PM   #19
kjo
Registered Users
Formerly: kjwa***n
seller

Just saw this post...I've got a small freezer stash. How many oz did you need. You can PM me or email- I'm not on here as often I'd like to be! kj.warren@hotmail.com
kjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 06:41 PM   #20
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

If anyone has not seen my thread "Frustrated and worried" and it's update.

It's a tongue tie. Either it was not clipped enough when he was 5 days old, or the frenulum grew back, which I was told can happen occasionally with small babies. WE have an apointment to have it re-evaluated and clipped. The ENT I'm using THIS time is recomended highly by my LC and her partner. He is supposedly VERY familiar with tongue ties, including posterior tongue ties, and how they affect BFing.

So, fingers crossed.

In the meantime, the LC showed me a more effective nursing position to help him get better expression from the breasts. IT was IMMEDIATELY effective. We got 2.2 oz in a 10 minute session, vs the 1.5 oz he was getting in a 30 minute session before. So, hopefully this IS the isue, and he'll be able to adjust quickly after having the tongue tie clipped.

So, the LCs advice is to continue to breast feed, and pump, and suppliment my BFing with whatever I pumped that day. So if I get 6oz, then I just break it up and offer 2oz at a time after three nursing sessions (one of them being the before bed session).

God bless!