Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-18-2013, 02:58 PM   #21
BeastMasterMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I have a problem....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn97 View Post
I definitely want a little girl this time. I'm ashamed to admit it, but I have broken down several times and just cried, hoping so much that this one is a girl. For me, I want a mother-daughter relationship. I lost my mother as a child and my heart still breaks from that loss (especially as I think about becoming a mother again and how to handle the logistics of taking care of two kids). Anyway, I know that it is sort of silly to feel so strongly about it because I will get whatever God intends for me to have. Also, having a daughter doesn't guarantee that we will have the close relationship that I yearn for. DH is saying adamantly that this is it and I have some health issues that will likely dictate this being it. I suppose we will see.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
I also lost my mom at a young age- I was 13, so I really relate to what you're saying especially. And this is very, very likely our last baby. I would so love to have a little girl.

After 2 boys, I am surprised by how much I want this to be a daughter. I was much more balanced about it last time! And ended up hoping for another boy (which I got). But this time I really "have a feeling" and keep dreaming about little girls. We're 98% sure we're not finding out the sex this time either, so I'm just banking on the fact that by the time August rolls around, I will just be so done being pregnant that I won't care!
DH and my dad both keep referring to this baby as "she," which makes me mad b/c I don't want to feel disappointed with another boy!

Advertisement

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32**36***40
BeastMasterMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:47 PM   #22
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastMasterMama

I also lost my mom at a young age- I was 13, so I really relate to what you're saying especially. And this is very, very likely our last baby. I would so love to have a little girl.

After 2 boys, I am surprised by how much I want this to be a daughter. I was much more balanced about it last time! And ended up hoping for another boy (which I got). But this time I really "have a feeling" and keep dreaming about little girls. We're 98% sure we're not finding out the sex this time either, so I'm just banking on the fact that by the time August rolls around, I will just be so done being pregnant that I won't care!
DH and my dad both keep referring to this baby as "she," which makes me mad b/c I don't want to feel disappointed with another boy!
to you, mama. We were Team Green the first time and DH would prefer to wait this time too. But I really want to find out. Honesty, the biggest reason for me wanting to know the sex is so that I can be rid of any gender disappointment if it is another boy. Terrible, I know... But I don't want to feel anything but pure joy when this sweet LO enters the world. And I think I would have some mixed emotions if it is another boy. I feel so guilty feeling this way, too. I also keep "feeling" girl and having girl dreams but I felt like DS was a girl up until the last couple months. I don't think I had any girl dreams though. the first time, I didn't really have a preference but I have always wanted a boy and a girl if I could choose.
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:10 AM   #23
AleahDeann
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I have a problem....

Thanks mamas! I am feeling better this week, but I know this want wont go away until I know the gender.
AleahDeann is offline   Reply With Quote