Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-17-2013, 06:00 PM   #21
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Headed to ER

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwiamandaiwi View Post
how strange. so your uterus is sitting somewhere that takes away the sensation that tells you you need to pee?
That's what the dr. said. My uterus is flipped back and apperantly it has flippped REALLY far back this time. My uterus seems to think it's a swinging door when I'm pg because I've had it flip multiple times with all of my pregnancies. If it is too far back it will press on the spine and kidneys and not press enough or at all on the bladder. From what the dr. said the uterus needs to sit on top of the bladder somewhat in order for you to feel the sensation to have to go pee. Although women that have had their uterus' removed still know when to go, so that kind of confuses me.

I've ALWAYS had difficulties with this issue. Before I started having any children I had to have a schedule because I never had a sensation to go pee unless my bladder was so full that it was about to back up into my kidneys. When I was 5 I was sent to a PED urologist (sp? sorry....awful speller here!) They told me I had an "underdeveloped" bladder and it would correct itself with age. Well...as a teenager it never did, but I learned to deal with it. When I got pg with DD I suddenly could "feel" when to go. It was like night and day! Apperantly my uterus was flipped back my entire life until about half-way though my pg with DD when it finally flipped forward, thus pressing enough on my bladder. It flipped back again with DS, but wasn't as far back as it was before DD, so things were still good. Now it's flipped REALLY far back, farther than it ever has, and I'm miserable. Hopefully the meds will clear up the UTI and if I'm able to remind myself often to try to pee even when I don't "feel" like it that I'll be able to keep it away until I get far enough along that my uterus decides to flip......AGAIN!

Advertisement

Old 01-17-2013, 07:40 PM   #22
mvp529
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieB621

That's what the dr. said. My uterus is flipped back and apperantly it has flippped REALLY far back this time. My uterus seems to think it's a swinging door when I'm pg because I've had it flip multiple times with all of my pregnancies. If it is too far back it will press on the spine and kidneys and not press enough or at all on the bladder. From what the dr. said the uterus needs to sit on top of the bladder somewhat in order for you to feel the sensation to have to go pee. Although women that have had their uterus' removed still know when to go, so that kind of confuses me.

I've ALWAYS had difficulties with this issue. Before I started having any children I had to have a schedule because I never had a sensation to go pee unless my bladder was so full that it was about to back up into my kidneys. When I was 5 I was sent to a PED urologist (sp? sorry....awful speller here!) They told me I had an "underdeveloped" bladder and it would correct itself with age. Well...as a teenager it never did, but I learned to deal with it. When I got pg with DD I suddenly could "feel" when to go. It was like night and day! Apperantly my uterus was flipped back my entire life until about half-way though my pg with DD when it finally flipped forward, thus pressing enough on my bladder. It flipped back again with DS, but wasn't as far back as it was before DD, so things were still good. Now it's flipped REALLY far back, farther than it ever has, and I'm miserable. Hopefully the meds will clear up the UTI and if I'm able to remind myself often to try to pee even when I don't "feel" like it that I'll be able to keep it away until I get far enough along that my uterus decides to flip......AGAIN!
I'm just happy that baby is fine!!! Praise God!

I got a call today from the midwife telling me I had a UTI. I have never had one in my life! So strange. I have been having cramping but just figured it was baby.

UTI's apparently are strange.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:54 PM   #23
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

glad to see your update!!!
Old 01-18-2013, 08:15 AM   #24
threelittlehoneys
formerly R***and**********
seller
seller

So scary......... Im so glad the baby's ok though!!! Take it easy, drink lots of water and pee a lot! Will be thinking of you

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
threelittlehoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:01 PM   #25
iloveec
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Glad to hear your doing well and baby's ok! Still praying for you all!
iloveec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:11 PM   #26
crunchymamaNY
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

so glad for the good news! Yea!!!
Old 01-18-2013, 03:03 PM   #27
BeastMasterMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

so glad for the good news!! but sorry about the UTI and the flipped uterus! Maybe it'll flip back later in the pg??

Anyway-- for a strong hb!

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32**36***40
BeastMasterMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:58 PM   #28
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm so glad to hear the good news!! Get some rest and feel better soon.
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote