Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-07-2009, 07:36 PM   #141
jsmith
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: How is your diaper station set up? Long post with lots of pictures

Oh, this thread makes me so sick!
I so wish I had a sink near the diaper area!!
I am house hunting and this totally puts a new perspective on my search. It's werid the things you don't consider when buying a house, this seems so small an issue, but it would be so nice!

Advertisement

FacebookGallaryRavelry
jsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 08:19 PM   #142
kwpmom
Registered Users

Love, love, love all these stations. What great inspiration. I can't wait to get my stash set up like that. Maybe I'll get started tomorrow.
kwpmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 08:39 PM   #143
mommyz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We live in a very small place so we use every inch of space we can wisely. My LO's diaper stash is not that big so we store it in these baskets under the crib he's never used. We use the floor to change him bc he's such a squirmer.

Wipes and creams, etc. are kept in the blue box right by the crib...

Now for this baby, we got some new dressers... we plan to buy a changing table pad to put on top of it... this will be her station... still working on it!

Top drawer has secret compartment for her woolies/wipes and other goodies...

Top drawer when secret compartment closes...

Second drawer...

Haven't touched the third drawer yet.

**PLZ EMAIL ME IF YOU NEED ME!**
mommyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 04:03 AM   #144
Prudence
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Great use of your space, Mama! I love the dressers out in the hallway...that'll work!
Prudence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 04:48 AM   #145
corrielainedd
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I love the Weleda baby cream dont you!?
SAHM/WAHM to DD1 born Nov. 20, '08, and DD2 Oct. 12, '10. DD3 Jan 21 '15, and due with #4 in Jan 2017. Planning our 2nd homebirth, 4th natural Bradley birth
wifey to my wonderful DH !
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Cor...20931291290000
corrielainedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 04:50 AM   #146
~stacy~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Nice! Thanks for posting this for the other mommies. Gotta love the threads like this that stick around a while. I of course enjoyed the picts of your little angel the best! Hope she's rolling and wiggly and having a wonderful time keeping you busy now.

Oh - and I am glad to see someone else who keeps a whole tupperware of diapers to grow into and diapering whatnot in the closet as well. I am down to one large tupperware of just extra inserts/etc. that I made since my youngest is moving into larges and my eldest is just in trainers now. But I have always had a bix tupperware (or two or three ) in my kids closet with diapers they weren't wearing yet but would.

I guess diapers aren't any different than clothes that you'd get for your kids, only used a lot more. Nothing more, nothing less (despite my obsession with them ).

Last edited by ~stacy~; 06-08-2009 at 04:52 AM.
~stacy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 08:27 AM   #147
MrsS
Registered Users
seller

Okay, here is ours. It has gone through at least 3 transformations since DD was born. Her first changing station was on our dryer! : ) It worked great until she started getting mobile. Now we have this in hre bedrom right next to a bathroom. We give her potty runs (we EC) then change her on the table. We used to use pockets exclusively but now we are into fitteds and occasionally a cover. We also use prefolds some too.

It's simple but it works well for us.
MrsS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:37 AM   #148
madandmak
Registered Users

I love love love your diapering station!! My goal is to be as organized some day! lol
madandmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 01:34 PM   #149
marcidpa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks mamas for all your ideas and pics. I don't have pics but I'll tell you about mine anyway - mine is in her bedroom but it is right next to the bathroom and the laundry is right off the kitchen. We live in a small house on one level so everything is very convenient. I have a changing table w/drawers so the first one has pf fitteds and doublers. The next one has AIOs, extra covers and extra pail liners, the last ones has clothes. There's a tall drawer where I keep my extra flushable liners, cornstarch powder, wipes solution, distilled water, extra wipes, commercial wipes, odor spray, etc. I use commercial wipes for poo and sposies for away and night so there is diaper stacker on the end of the changing table. I have a trash can where I put wet flushable liners and sposies and commercial wipes (I line it w/ a plastic bag). Then I have a regular diaper pail that I use a liner in for all the cloth. I flush poo liners. On the table itself I keep wipes, snappi, covers I am using for the day, liners and powder.

I have another bureau in ds's room that have clothes in the next size for her and him and all other baby stuff - blackets, bibs, sheets, towels, etc. I also store her next size clothes in his closet - he has a trundle bed w/ drawers for his clothes. Out grown clothes are put in a rubbermaid tub in her room - any clothes for birth to 12 months I store in a tub for each in the basement. Clothes beyond that size I sell at a bi-annual consignment sale in my area so I can buy the next size. Outgrown or unused dipes go into a laundry basket in dd's room to be sold. That's how I fund next size or different ones that I want to try.

So that's my system - it easy for me and seems simple but now that I wrote it out it may not sound that way. I have about 30 diapers in my stash (only one in diapers). 20 seemed to few and 40 too many since I don't have a ton of room like I said.
I love ! Is there anything cuter than a cloth bum?!

Last edited by marcidpa; 06-10-2009 at 01:36 PM.
marcidpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:33 PM   #150
first_timer
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow, I can't believe how many diapers you guys have! Very organized, love it!