Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-27-2012, 10:05 PM   #11
SeeOurtney
Registered Users
seller

I second that bumgenius pockets tend to be more stay dry from my experience (I think their elementals are natural fiber? Could be wrong tho). I could rarely tell if my DD had wet a dipe when we were using BG for her.

Fleece liners should definitely help her feel a little more dry, but she might just need to be changed more often as well.

Advertisement

Old 01-28-2012, 10:58 AM   #12
minneapolisite
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: switching to cloth, baby cries everytime when wet

My son also hates feeling wet. When we use bamboo against his skin, he starts fussing/crying immediately upon wetting. When we use microfleece against his skin, he still is uncomfortable, but it's not so urgent. If I were re-purchasing my stash, I would personally choose all microfiber/microfleece inserts. (But some babies are sensitive/allergic to microfleece and you just never know until you try it.)

For me, one of the great benefits of cloth is that he lets me know immediately when he's wet so I don't accidentally let him sit in a wet diaper for very long. When we used disposables (the first week) I was constantly checking for that little blue line since the chemicals in the disposables prevented him from feeling any wetness at all.

By the way, it's my understanding that cloth-diapered babies (1) have fewer rashes because they alert mom when they need to be changed and (2) potty learn earlier because they learn to correlate the urination sensation with the wetness sensation.

At-home mom of DAK (Oct 2011) and #2 (Oct 2014)
minneapolisite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:06 AM   #13
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandni3

Really? I just used regular fleece that wasn't too thick. It works great.
I tried a thin, regular fleece and it totally repelled. I was told that only microfleece works. I have had great luck w/our microfleece. So maybe it just depends on the fleece?
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:10 AM   #14
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandni3

Really? I just used regular fleece that wasn't too thick. It works great.
I tried regular fleece and it repelled. Bad. After talking to a few other people, I was told that only microfleece will work, so I switched over and haven't had any other issues. :shrug:
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:24 PM   #15
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

I used regular fleece and it worked fine. I just used what ever random fleece I had laying around. Never had any repelling issues.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:55 PM   #16
jamilynn84
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
My daughter needed a microfleece liner even with the stay dry liner... Not cause she cried, but she'd rash. Add another liner if you need, but really its best just to change immediatly... And your baby's communicating that they need it.

Apologizing in advance for iPhone typos/autocorrect
Old 07-15-2018, 06:19 PM   #17
fernandezturo
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamilynn84 View Post
My daughter needed a microfleece liner even with the stay dry liner... Not cause she cried, but she'd rash. Add another liner if you need, but really its best just to change immediatly... And your baby's communicating that they need it.

Apologizing in advance for iPhone typos/autocorrect
With me I got a crush of my dark blue stripe cloth diaper that I always put on my dark blue stripe cloth diaper! I even got a crush of my dark blue stripe cloth diaper even if I my cloth diaper was wet and I got a rash which I only wanted the front leg of my dark blue stripe cloth diaper opened! I am of profound mental retardation! The same for her! She must get a crush of her dark blue stripe cloth diaper that she always puts on her dark blue stripe cloth diaper! She must even get a crush of her dark blue stripe cloth diaper even if her cloth diaper was wet and she got a rash which she only wants the back leg of her dark blue stripe cloth diaper opened!

Sent from my cp3636a using Tapatalk
fernandezturo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 03:58 AM   #18
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

I would agree with others the suedecloth, especially in Bumgenius pockets is the best stay dry. My love had wetness sensitivity (rashes not crying) and suede cloth is all that worked for us.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. How to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool. Everything must go! Nighttime Trainers
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote