Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-21-2016, 03:09 PM   #11
MamaBird06
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: October 2016 DDC Introductions

i have been looking at cloth already lol. I think I am going to try again. With dd i was a big time couponers and had a decent sposie stockpile for her plus i cloth diapered, I am not couponing much at all anymore, diaper prices will just add up if i don't at least attempt cloth! And it is so cute. I didn't keep much of dd's old stash. I have some size larges and the diaper pail liners and thats about it. I sold most of the stuff i could have used. I will likely go for the bumgenius's as they are the most economical, probably wait a couple months since we are trying to buy a house, we put in an offer on Saturday. 5 bedrooms, we need it! new baby will be in our room for the beginning but it will be nice to have a room for it's clothes and baby stuff. 4 year old share a room and we will keep it that way since the baby will eventually need a room.

My first prenatal appointment is tomorrow, super excited to finally get in

Advertisement

Old 03-21-2016, 07:26 PM   #12
newbiemama
Registered Users
Formerly: justanauntie

My Mood:

We're in the process of home buying, too! we don't close for another month, then we'll take time to move in so we can paint, strip floors, etc. we weren't planning on getting pregnant until AFTER we had a house, but now i have an excuse not to move large furniture!

we had an appointment with midwives at a birth center last week, but we both feel more comfortable in a hospital, so we're still looking. devastating news- our doula is out of state the time Peanut is due. she's been with us for 2 out of 3 births and we can't imagine laboring without her!!! augh!!!
Laura Josephine (3)
and William Thomas
newbiemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 07:50 AM   #13
MamaBird06
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Our house offer was accepted. We have the inspection tomorrow so hopefully it will go well.

Appointment was good. I had been seeing a new cnm the past few times and she is the one who told me to go bd when i went in she said i was ovulating and she was right! I really like her but i really like my old cnm so i plan to see her for the rest of the pregnancy. She delivered dd and our kids go to the same school and all so i wanted to stick with her but i love them both!

I am having a dating ultrasound next Tuesday. Kinda for peace of mind since i had a misscarriage last fall.

I am leaning toward this being my last baby. I will be 34 when it is born. My oldest will be 10 and i am just feeling like i will be done after this so may decide for tubal but still not 100% sure just yet. I think it will be nice to close the chapter in my life but we shall see!
Old 03-26-2016, 01:48 PM   #14
newbiemama
Registered Users

My Mood:

We finally heard the heartbeat! what a beautiful sound!!
Laura Josephine (3)
and William Thomas
Old 03-30-2016, 08:04 AM   #15
MamaBird06
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Saw the baby yesterday! Heart rate 169
Old 03-30-2016, 10:21 AM   #16
Momma_Rock
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Has anyone done the genetic screening yet? I did on Monday and the nuchal translucency was in the 99th percentile. This could be nothing, or it could be something. I did the fancier blood test and should hear the results from that early next week. I also have an amnio scheduled for the end of April (once I hit 16 weeks). I'm a little nervous, but I'm choosing to focus on finding out the gender next week.
Old 03-31-2016, 12:42 PM   #17
MamaBird06
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_Rock View Post
Has anyone done the genetic screening yet? I did on Monday and the nuchal translucency was in the 99th percentile. This could be nothing, or it could be something. I did the fancier blood test and should hear the results from that early next week. I also have an amnio scheduled for the end of April (once I hit 16 weeks). I'm a little nervous, but I'm choosing to focus on finding out the gender next week.
no, but I am going in on the 12th for the genetic blood test. I probably won't do any of the other ones unless they feel I need to after that test, I will be 11.5 weeks by then.

I have never done any of the screening tests so I don't know what 99% means for that test, hope everything is okay!
Old 04-04-2016, 12:47 PM   #18
aswego
Registered Users
seller

Due October 10th, too! I have a 2 year old, and 4 year old- both girls! Been crazy sick (I never was with the first 2!) and some depression (I only thought post-partum was a thing, not during-partum!). We have some concerns about twins, which would make me freak out but also it would explain the extra crazy symptoms... although the hcg levels don't indicate that. I've also read that hcg levels at this point (13 weeks) don't always indicate how many... oh internet, why do I search anything and everything on you?? Not excited to have an extra ultrasound, but if I start growing rapidly and feeling even more movement, I'm getting an ultrasound so I can have some peace of mind!
aswego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 02:19 PM   #19
newbiemama
Registered Users

My Mood:

Welcome aswego! I had the opposite early pregnancy as you: with my girls, i was tired, crappy and sick. but with my boy i felt good.

my family (and myself) has made me paranoid about twins, too. as far as i can tell, size of belly has nothing to do with the size of the baby (or babies) yet, it's due to the size of the uterus. so just because my belly is huge at 12 weeks does NOT mean i'm having twins!! but twins do run in my family, so it's a faint possibility. i really wouldn't be prepared for that, though. what a freaking full house that would be!!!
Laura Josephine (3)
and William Thomas
Old 04-08-2016, 07:01 AM   #20
EmsMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm Kirsten, and due with #3 in Oct! Major surprise for us lol. DD is 11 and DS is 9. Feel like I'm way too old and definitely feeling like I have to re-learn everything!
EmsMom is offline   Reply With Quote