Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-20-2016, 01:52 PM   #1
I_am_Blessed
Registered Users
Formerly: Beth's_Mommy
seller
seller

Final update: The mama stop replying completely and I ended up filing with PayPal, she wouldn't reply to them either, so I had the wait the full amount of days PayPal gives the seller to respond. In the end, they filed in my favor and I got a full refund. I have checked the tracking number recently and it still hasn't moved from that first location.

Another update: I got a call from my post master who said it had to be missing for 21 days from accepted date before a claim for lost package could be filed, which is February 12th according to them. He did call the last hub it was scanned at and they don't have the package and can't say where it might be. I let the other mama know that I am going to need a full refund if it doesn't show and she will have to file a claim and recover her cost since she did pay for priority . She sent me back a message and said she'd talk with her hubby (who actually printed and mailed the package) and discuss a refund after they make some inquiries. She said she wants to make sure she is able to get her money back. I hate to file in PayPal, but if she says they won't refund, that will be my next step. For now, I am still waiting.

I purchased (not on DS) a lot of diaper inserts from another mama on Feb 2. Soon after sending Paypal, the mama sent me a message saying she accidentally inserted a tracking number under my payment, so ignore that one, and she'd get me the correct number when she shipped the next day (Feb. 3). Fast forward to Feb. 6, I hadn't heard from her, so I inquired about my tracking number. After no reply, I messaged again on the 8th. She got back with me pretty quickly saying that it had been a busy weekend, but here was my tracking number. I kept checking and nothing ever updated, so on Feb. 10, I messaged asking when exactly she dropped off the package, on Feb. 11, she said her hubby had in fact dropped the package off on the 5, and not too worry because she was sure it had been shipped (Priority mail, too). Finally, on Feb. 12, the package showed online as accepted and sent to and departed the first hub. It said that the expected delivery was set for Feb. 16.

Since then, however there have been no updates. Tracking just says in transit. I messaged the seller again, and while she saw my message, she has yet to reply. I am not sure exactly how to proceed. While I believe she mailed a package, I am not 100% confident that I will receive said package. I am worried that the PO has lost it or the label or something was removed. I am coming up on 3 weeks since I paid for the items, so while I have some time left with Paypal, I don't want to let that time expire and me end up with no package at all or an extremely late package with not as described contents or something. Also, the tracking in Paypal is still showing the mistaken number (which shows as delivered to another city). I have never had a package go MIA like this, so would like to know what others thought was a good solution.

Advertisement

Mama to 3, soon-to-be-4

Last edited by I_am_Blessed; 04-01-2016 at 06:10 AM.
I_am_Blessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 03:04 PM   #2
neuro_mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Not sure what to do

I'd go ahead and file a claim with PayPal. PayPal will ask her for proof of the tracking number. If she really delivered the package on the 5th, you should have received it by now. She will have to file a claim if she had it insured. Also, if the package arrives while you are processing the claim, you can just cancel the claim. I had this happen with an eBay purchase one time.

And yes packages do get lost. I had a package with tracking that has been missing in action for a month now. Postmaster said it was lost and that they have no idea what happened to it. It was sent with bulk mail, no insurance unfortunately. I think packages are more likely to get lost in bulk mail than priority.
Old 02-21-2016, 03:20 PM   #3
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Blessed View Post
I purchased (not on DS) a lot of diaper inserts from another mama on Feb 2. Soon after sending Paypal, the mama sent me a message saying she accidentally inserted a tracking number under my payment, so ignore that one, and she'd get me the correct number when she shipped the next day (Feb. 3). Fast forward to Feb. 6, I hadn't heard from her, so I inquired about my tracking number. After no reply, I messaged again on the 8th. She got back with me pretty quickly saying that it had been a busy weekend, but here was my tracking number. I kept checking and nothing ever updated, so on Feb. 10, I messaged asking when exactly she dropped off the package, on Feb. 11, she said her hubby had in fact dropped the package off on the 5, and not too worry because she was sure it had been shipped (Priority mail, too). Finally, on Feb. 12, the package showed online as accepted and sent to and departed the first hub. It was said to be delivered on Feb. 16.
Since then, however there have been no updates. Tracking just says in transit. I messaged the seller again, and while she saw my message, she has yet to reply. I am not sure exactly how to proceed. While I believe she mailed a package, I am not 100% confident that I will receive said package. I am worried that the PO has lost it or the label or something was removed. I am coming up on 3 weeks since I paid for the items, so while I have some time left with Paypal, I don't want to let that time expire and me end up with no package at all or an extremely late package with not as described contents or something. Also, the tracking in Paypal is still showing the mistaken number (which shows as delivered to another city). I have never had a package go MIA like this, so would like to know what others thought was a good solution.
I'm confused... Does the package say delivered to you on the 16th?? If so, You need to call PO immediately (or Monday morning since it's Sunday) and let them know you did not receive package.

Unfortunately, if the package shows delivered then you will likely lose your paypal claim.

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 08:10 AM   #4
expaik
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Blessed View Post
Finally, on Feb. 12, the package showed online as accepted and sent to and departed the first hub. It was said to be delivered on Feb. 16.

Since then, however there have been no updates. Tracking just says in transit.
A few things.

First, like the PP, I'm confused. You said the package shows as delivered on 2/16. Then you say it says it's still in transit. Can you clarify?

Second, you have 180 days to file with PP so there is no urgency whatsoever in filing the claim.

Third, when you pull up the tracking number (the correct one she gave you later) on the USPS website, does it show Priority shipping?

Fourth, you don't need to worry about the fact that the official tracking number recorded in the transaction (i.e. the wrong label she added at first) is showing as Delivered. Paypal will only consider it delivered if it shows delivered to YOUR zip code. In fact, the seller really ought to update that tracking number with the correct one, because if you were unscrupulous you could simply call paypal and point out that your package was delivered to the wrong address and get your money back.
expaik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 09:25 AM   #5
stevensmom
Administrator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
It says it is expected to be delivered February 16th not actually delivered on February 16th

I've had a few packages recently that didn't make their expected delivery date. But they eventually showed up within a week.

So I'd give it until tomorrow before filing.

And you have a long time before your time is up on filing.
BabyBoyBlueBoutique
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 09:28 AM   #6
expaik
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom View Post
It says it is expected to be delivered February 16th not actually delivered on February 16th
Ahhh.... now I get it.

They ain't moderators for nuttin'!
expaik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 11:02 AM   #7
I_am_Blessed
Registered Users
Formerly: Beth's_Mommy
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom View Post

I've had a few packages recently that didn't make their expected delivery date. But they eventually showed up within a week.

So I'd give it until tomorrow before filing.

And you have a long time before your time is up on filing.
Yes, it was shown as priority and was supposed to be delivered on Feb 16. But, it showed no movement after it left the first hub on the 12th. I called the post office and the lady I spoke with said that because the label was printed on the 5th, but usps didn't have any record of receiving it before the 12th, they wouldn't consider it as priority mail, and if it moved, it would move on the ground vs air from Cali to TN. She also said that it does in fact appear to be lost since it hasn't been scanned at all, so she filed a claim, and I am supposed to hear something within 72 hours. I am hoping it is found and gets to me, but I am still not completely confident that it will.

Also, I am impressed PayPal gives that long to file a claim. I thought the time was much shorter!

Mama to 3, soon-to-be-4

Last edited by I_am_Blessed; 02-22-2016 at 11:03 AM.
I_am_Blessed is offline   Reply With Quote