Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-16-2016, 09:11 AM   #1
Robin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
ebay transaction

I bought 4 items of maternity & nursing clothes from 1 seller on ebay. First issue: She charged me for shipping in a medium flat rate box, which was *more* expensive than the individual shipping of the 4 items added together. I offered suggestions of other cheaper, ways to ship the items, but she refused.
So, I get the items. 1 is in great condition. 1 has a couple tiny holes, but with the item, they are totally not noticeable and I don't mind. The other 2 items are horrible. One has 4 holes in it. Two of the holes are in the top front of the shirt - very obvious. The other item is pilled all over and had many, many stains.
So, I did a return request for the two bad condition items. With some delay, she finally refunded me the purchase price only of those two items. According to ebay's "Not as described" policy, I should be able to return them (at her cost) and get back my purchase price plus original shipping. I feel kind of mean expecting back half of the shipping she spent, but at the same time, it was totally ridiculous to sell these items in the condition they are in.
So, given that this has just been a very frustrating transaction and I didn't get a full refund of the flawed items, what feedback should I leave?

Advertisement

Old 06-17-2016, 06:50 AM   #2
daddyn4wisechix
Registered Users
Formerly: daddyn3wisechix
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: ebay transaction

I find that frustrating too! I think she should refund at least half the shipping because half of the items were DAMAGED!

She may not have wanted to mess with alternate shipping methods & that is why she used a MFRB. I can't say that I blame her, though I totally get your view of wanting to pay less as well. For me, I am going to ship the EASIEST way possible for ME. You get a free box, free tracking, free pick up, etc. AND no WEIGHING necessary with USPS Priority. Even if you have to bring it to USPS to mail it, you can just run in & hand it to them saying it's prepaid. For me that is well worth using.

I see it as if someone doesn't like the shipping cost then they don't have to buy it, & it's why, for me as a buyer, I ask the cost before so I know how much it will be & which method it will be shipped via. I will opt out if I don't like the cost or if I feel like the overall total cost with shipping it still worth the cost, then I will go ahead & purchase anyway.

I think maybe neutral would be in order since she did refund you for the two items, & the partial shipping refund may not have even crossed her mind. Did you ask her about a shipping or partial shipping refund? It sounds like she may not even know about their policy (I did not until I just read this thread) and/or just refunded you & didn't require you to ship them back to eliminate any further hassle. She may honestly not even have thought about the shipping... on the other hand, she may not care & may feel like she paid the shipping fee & she doesn't want to have to refund it or it will have cost her money... HOWEVER, it should not cost YOU money either! If you didn't ask her about a partial shipping refund, I would do that before leaving FB so you KNOW what her position is, though I must say it certainly sounds like it may not even be worth the hassle... yet I get that not getting a shipping refund just made the other two shirts more expensive since you have to factor in the $16ish shipping into the total overall cost of those shirts.

There is an ebay thread & Ellen (known as the eBay guru by many of us in that thread! lol) would respond to you. She knows ALL things eBay if you'd like more advice .

Here's the link to the eBay thread Ellen started: http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1533793

Last edited by daddyn4wisechix; 06-17-2016 at 07:06 AM.
daddyn4wisechix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 07:27 AM   #3
Robin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: ebay transaction

I sent her the link to ebay's policy, stating the refund of shipping as well. She ignored it.

For shipping, I asked about combined shipping before I bid on the items, and she said she'd combine shipping and ship the cheapest way. The MFRB was MORE than shipping the items individually.