Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-03-2008, 05:27 PM   #1
abismommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Unhappy Feeling so guilty:(

I had to stop nursing about ooooh a month ago I have since just felt this over whelming guilt! I so want to nurse DD 13mos! I had planned on extended nursing and was dead set against weaning. Well my milk started to dry up and DD went on a bottle. She does not even show interest in nursing anymore. Although she still likes to play with my boobs in public Does this mean she still may have some interest? Is it possible for her to nurse again? Should I keep trying to latch her like I have been? IDK why I feel so guilty though. Maybe because when she wakes at night ( we co-sleep ) she opens her lil mouth like she wants to latch! I just want to nurse my baby! WAAAAH! Any suggestions, can colostrum replentish its self?

Advertisement

Old 09-03-2008, 05:37 PM   #2
asteiner18
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Feeling so guilty:(

no advice but many and you did GREAT nursing as long as you did!
Angel wife to the love of my life Brandon and mother to Scarlette 5/07 Ruby 1/09 and with #3 due with another sweet daughter in September <3

Angel Murphy Photography
asteiner18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 08:22 PM   #3
pantufla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Here is some great info:
http://kellymom.com/bf/tandem/index.html

Over the course of your pregnancy your milk will slowly change over to colostrum. This is due to chemical and hormonal changes in your body. Once the new baby is born, you will still produce plenty of colostrum for the babe.

If you want to keep nursing your LO, by all means, do so! (Unless your pregnancy is complicated. If your doctor puts you on full pelvic rest, that would be an indication to wean your LO.)

I am nursing my DS#2 18 mos and 25 weeks pregnant. I plan to continue nursing until the new LO is born. But, I'm also taking it one day at a time.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:24 PM   #4
wanamingomommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I wasn't able to nurse either of my too (serious medically diagnosed underdeveloped breast tissue and almost no milk at all~ so no flak please).
With my first one, I felt so bad and guilty for not being able to provide for my LO. I cried all the time. Not PPD either. Just so upset. So I kind of understand your desire and despair about it.

I would say, chin up! You did great making it past that 1-year mark. Since she doesn't show much interest, I'd say that's a good sign. It would be a much diff. story if she wanted them and there wasn't anything there. That would be very sad.

wanamingomommy is offline   Reply With Quote