Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-02-2008, 05:27 PM   #1
Bee Green Naturals
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I am using an OB instead of a midwife for my prenatal care/delivery, and she is G

Ditto... I love my OB.. been with her since I was 18 years old and had gyn issues. I know she is there to be a 'guide' for me during my pregnancy and birth, where she gives her advice and things she'd like done but always leaves the decision open to me.
I've toy'd with having a midwife but just can't imagine anything better than what I have right now so figure why change.

Advertisement

Old 09-02-2008, 05:29 PM   #2
Mommy/4boys
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy/3boys
seller

My Mood:
Re: I am using an OB instead of a midwife for my prenatal care/delivery, and she is G

I have used obs with all of my births and they have all been great. I am high risk so I had to but my group of ob listen to all my wants and have always worked with me no questions asked. I had 4 natural births and that is odd for them but they did great and did what I wanted.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:32 PM   #3
iKim
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew Crafty Baby View Post
Ditto... I love my OB.. been with her since I was 18 years old and had gyn issues. I know she is there to be a 'guide' for me during my pregnancy and birth, where she gives her advice and things she'd like done but always leaves the decision open to me.
I've toy'd with having a midwife but just can't imagine anything better than what I have right now so figure why change.
I almost went with a midwife, but then I got thinking.....Why? I would want my midwife to be just like my OB....so why bother....I will be giving birth in an all womens hospital, so not a big huge hospital...so I think that makes it a bit more intimate.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:53 PM   #4
piccolo41099
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love my OB too. She is just GREAT!!!!!

Oh, and I also do not do many of the tests, she doesn't seem to care.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:14 PM   #5
rawheid
Registered Users
seller

I don't have an OB, but I do have a GREAT family doc who delivers. While I might consider a midwife if I didn't have to pay. My dr. doesn't make me do all sorts of tests, he doesn't do internal exams just to check where I'm at. I didn't have to tkae the 1 hr glucose test. Sure my appointments are short, but he'll answer any questions I have and I can even ask q's about DS if I need without booking an extra appointment. And yes I'll be delivering at a hospital.

Since I never was able to deliver DS with this dr (he was out of time when labour came) we are going to discuss my hopes for this baby. He knew what I wanted last time so I can't see any issues this time either.
Join me on Swagbucks

rawheid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 07:46 PM   #6
FancifulFanny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm with you, Kim. I love my OB, too. I wouldn't be pregnant without her as she was the one who listened to me and was able to diagnose my issue and did my surgery last fall. She was my OB for Joey and happened to be the doc on call when I was in labor so she delivered him. She listens so well. Gives her opinion if I ask for it and goes with my decision. I have never ever felt pushed into anything with her. I feel very in control of my care. It's a wonderful feeling. Glad I'm not the only one.
FancifulFanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 07:53 PM   #7
MamaToBe84
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i loved the OB i had hen i got pregnant with ry.. i switched to a midwife b/c i couldnt have a waterbirth with an OB. Then i fell in love with one of the midwives, but didnt like one of the others, lol.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:32 PM   #8
McMamma38
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I hear ya! I love my OB and could not imagine anyone else.I am considered high risk and have had c section births(except for our angel Gracie of course)due to a small pelvis,though I soo admire homebirthers and midwives.I fantasize about one day homebirthing in fact!
Old 09-02-2008, 09:27 PM   #9
laceysmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hooray for finding a healthcare provider that you love!!!!!!!

I've not had good experiences with OB's but it is good to know that there are good ones out there!
Old 09-02-2008, 09:29 PM   #10
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

I had an OB with my DD and the first 14 weeks of care with my DS. And, he totally rocked. Had we not moved he would have delivered my son in a hospital. There are just as great OBs out there as there are midwifes!