Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-04-2008, 09:46 AM   #11
Liddle1
Registered Users
Formerly: tummy mommy

Re: Ouch my cervix...

yep that's why I have a midwife too. I'm 37 weeks and she won't even do a pap smear or internal exam at all until I start having contractions.

Advertisement

Liddle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 12:36 PM   #12
Knutsonfam
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm 39 weeks tomorrow and the only exam I have had was the Group B Strep swab. My O.B. says that routine exams don't really tell you anything because a person could be 3 cm for weeks or closed and deliver that night. (My mom went from 1 cm to fully delivered in 1 hr. 15 min. with her first!) My O.B. says the internal exams can cause cramping and that the exams aren't necessary unless there is a real medical reason, so the choice is all mine.
On the hopeful side, it could be that your Dr. didn't strip your membranes, but rather that your cervix was in a difficult place to get a good reach. I've had exams before, when I've not even been pregnant, that have been pretty rough (with a midwife no less) because my cervix wasn't in a "favorable" position.
I've seen T-shirts that say, "look into my crystal ball" right over the baby belly. Next time the Dr. tells you he wants to check you, tell him to get out the crystal ball. More comfortable for you and probably just as accurate!

Last edited by Knutsonfam; 09-04-2008 at 12:38 PM.
Knutsonfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 01:25 PM   #13
brandislee
Registered Users
seller

So did you go into labor? Let us know. And like I said before, if you don't go into labor DON'T let your doctor check you again!
brandislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 01:33 PM   #14
abismommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Refuse anymore internal exams mama! My MW does not make me do anything like that. Some OBs will not either, I really am sorry. I would feel violated.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:50 PM   #15
knoxmama81
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandislee View Post
So did you go into labor? Let us know. And like I said before, if you don't go into labor DON'T let your doctor check you again!
No labor yet. I have had almost non stop braxton hicks contractions for the last day but, very irregular. I also lost a big chunk of my mucus plug and I have these sharp, stop you in your tracks pains in my vagina every so often(I believe this is me dilating). So, I don't know. But, I'm still here.
knoxmama81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 03:55 PM   #16
Liddle1
Registered Users
Formerly: tummy mommy

I would say you're in early labor mama!
Liddle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 04:03 PM   #17
knoxmama81
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tummy mommy View Post
I would say you're in early labor mama!
I guess time will tell! I feel really crappy today, just want to stay in bed. I do want this over.
knoxmama81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:32 PM   #18
JollyHolly
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxmama81 View Post
I was sort of wondering when he was doing the exam (it was way rougher then last week) if he was trying to get something going. He has been asking me every week if I want to set an induction date and I keep telling him I am letting things go naturally at least until I pass my due date.

I am sort of surprised that a doctor would do that though! I think he may have done that because he was really manipulating around a lot and I am so sore now.
HOW DARE he do that without your consent or knowledge!!! That is practically abuse!! I would not let him check me at all in the future if it were me. That's completely disrespectful and inappropriate!!!!
Old 09-05-2008, 06:23 AM   #19
chloecat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

okay mama!!! check in with us if you can. i want to know how things are going. it's a good thing i don't live near you or i'd ring you doctors neck with his own tie!!! take a warm bubble bath and see if that helps get rid of the contractions!!
Old 09-05-2008, 07:22 AM   #20
kateri25
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxmama81 View Post
I guess time will tell! I feel really crappy today, just want to stay in bed. I do want this over.
feeling crappy sounds more and more like labor.