Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-03-2008, 08:47 AM   #1
looking8186
Registered Users
seller
seller

Ultrasound HELP!!!

Update!! So I AM pregnant!!!! and will be getting a full first prenatal exam but I still want to get an ultrasound when I'm down in VA so I really appreciate any help!!!

So, I think I might be pregnant and I was thinking back remembering a thread someone had posted where they said that there was a place near them where they could just go to get an ultrasound. Like it wasn't an OBGYN or a midwife just a place where you could get an ultrasound done. I'm wondering because right now I'm up in MA and I'll have a midwife up here if I am pregnant BUT my SO is currently down in VA for a couple months because of family issues and work. I really want to go down and surprise him by going and getting an ultrasound done but that would be after I already had a real appointment up here so I wouldn't need another kwim? Sooo does anyone know what those places are called near them or if there are any in VA??
Thanks so much
Kelsey

Advertisement

Last edited by looking8186; 09-04-2008 at 07:30 AM.
looking8186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 09:15 AM   #2
blossomgoat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ultrasound HELP!!!

look up elective ultrasound and your local city on google and you should find a place.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:45 AM   #3
looking8186
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks so much for the advice-- I didn't find one but there are planned parenthoods close to there so I guess that might work.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:25 PM   #4
pantufla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ultrasound is not used for diagnosing pregnancy. Ultrasound usually can't even detect a baby with a heartbeat until after 6 weeks.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:27 AM   #5
looking8186
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantufla View Post
Ultrasound is not used for diagnosing pregnancy. Ultrasound usually can't even detect a baby with a heartbeat until after 6 weeks.
Thanks for the advice, I do know that I only want to get an ultrasound when I'm down in VA visiting him so that he can see his baby I will have already had a first prenatal visit (checkup, blood tests, everything)
Old 09-04-2008, 07:32 AM   #6
lovemyzoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

http://www.4d-ultrasounds.com/virginia.htm
http://www.infantsee4d.com/
Old 09-04-2008, 04:31 PM   #7
looking8186
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thank you so much mama!!! There is a place close to him but unfortunately they dont do ultrasounds until 14 weeks--- Its okay though! I'll figure something out...
Old 09-04-2008, 06:22 PM   #8
briana-d
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

kinda bad...but you can always tell them your having a bit of cramping usually they will always check with an US to make sure everythings okay....confession i did this at my 16 weeks apt b/c i REALY REALLY wanted to know what i was having.......a boy!