Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-03-2016, 07:25 PM   #21
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyNightbonnet
I believe that the main reason why I keep worrying about my fertility is because the past few years of my life have been very tough, aside from the year that I got hitched (2014). During the course of those years, I have lost two post-college jobs, my father-in-law passed away only 5 months after our wedding, and there have been some major budget cuts going on at our current jobs that are affecting my entire state as well. And of course, we have been struggling to maintain a consistent monthly budget due to our very different ways of handling money, though we are now trying to implement a new plan that I believe just might work out for us. Because of the bad luck we've had so far, I'm scared to death that bad luck will keeping following us whenever we try to start a family. I so wish that I could get a break from all this for once in my life, but here's to hoping.
that is understandable Try to think positive. Worrying won't help, it can only hurt.

As for budgeting and such, thrift is a wealth of information. It's slow these days but there are old posts with so much amazing advice. Also, I'm a Dave Ramsay fan for getting finances in order. Hopefully things smooth out soon and start looking up

Advertisement

Old 05-03-2016, 08:03 PM   #22
HollyNightbonnet
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: When to start worrying about fertility due to age?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashionably Green Baby View Post
that is understandable Try to think positive. Worrying won't help, it can only hurt.

As for budgeting and such, thrift is a wealth of information. It's slow these days but there are old posts with so much amazing advice. Also, I'm a Dave Ramsay fan for getting finances in order. Hopefully things smooth out soon and start looking up

Thank you for the positive vibes. I will absolutely check out the thrift board.
Interested in
HollyNightbonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 06:45 AM   #23
lugnut_9754
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm 28 and just found out I have diminished ovarian reserve. My previous fertility doctor said that because of my age I would have no problem getting pregnant with IVF so I was shocked when my IVF doctor told me otherwise. I thought I had more time before running out of eggs but apparently not.

It's typical for couples to have to try up to a year but after that seek help asap!
Michele (29) - - Waiting for #1 since March 2013 (My Single Mother By Choice Blog) - Follow my journey on YouTube

Following my heart and adopting a child with Down Syndrome from Inda
Have $5? Please consider donating to my Adoption Fundraiser
lugnut_9754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 02:13 PM   #24
HollyNightbonnet
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut_9754 View Post
I'm 28 and just found out I have diminished ovarian reserve. My previous fertility doctor said that because of my age I would have no problem getting pregnant with IVF so I was shocked when my IVF doctor told me otherwise. I thought I had more time before running out of eggs but apparently not.

It's typical for couples to have to try up to a year but after that seek help asap!
My heart goes out to you. Hopefully, you will have a beautiful little baby in your arms soon. Best of luck to you.
Interested in
HollyNightbonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 10:21 PM   #25
Kap7270
Registered Users

We used the Creighton Model for NFP to avoid pregnancy for the first couple years of our marriage. I loved that it gave us insight into possible health risk factors, and we were able to get NaProTechnology treatment even before we ttc. Yes, we could have waited until we (might have) had a problem, but I loved that my charting patterns helped identify a uterine polyp that could have hindered implantation. As a Creighton Model teacher now, I see many women with similar charting patterns who have infertility issues. Would we have had a problem? I don't know, but I loved the option of being proactive.
Kap7270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 01:28 PM   #26
Rachylanne
Registered Users

My Mood:

This is a personal decision between you two for when to start and every body is different. I know people that struggle with fertility from the age of 20 and some that got pregnant super easy every time. Hormone levels, genetics, other factors all play into it.
Rachylanne is offline   Reply With Quote